View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Criss Angel - water to beer trick
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:36 pm 
Penguin

I'm sure people have seen him do this on the show. He's in a resturant, he walks over to a table, asks someone to take a sip of water, blah blah blah...after sip #2 they think of a beverage other than water - Beer- and he grabs the glass puts a coaster over the top, shakes it up and sure enough it turns to beer. He then has the spectators at the table taste the beer.

Anyway, this trick is blowing my mind right now. I'm thinking its done similar to the water to wine trick or the water to milk trick, but the taste test at the end still baffles me. Does anyone know of a book describing a similar trick or a website or other source I could learn this "water to drinkable beer" trick?

In any case, as much as I dislike Criss's cocky attitude, he sure does have some incredible tricks and illusions. Maybe having Johnny Thompson, Wayne Houchin, Jay Sankey, and the great Banachek(as well as others) on payroll helps. Hey, I'm only hating because I wish it was my TV show and not his.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:16 pm 
Penguin

Its kindof obvious to me.With the knowledge of stooges he uses I have a method.I dont know if posting it would be exposure though...I just wont take the chance.

Post subject: stooges
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:31 am 
Penguin

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I agree, if its a simple explanation that these two people were stooges and this trick was for TV audiences only, then this is the worst garbage I've seen and Angel should have more respect for audiences than that. However, I don't think he uses stooges in this trick. I'm no alchemist but I think with the proper "gimmick" or whatever you want to call it, this can actually be achieved. As it stands right now, I'm obssesed with figuring this one out and adding it to my reptiore. We'll see if my ideas will work......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:33 am 
Emperor Penguin

There is a gimmick that is being made as of now. I am not sure when or if it will be made public but I know there is a gimmick in the works and Angel has already used it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:46 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.
I highly douubt that Angel uses stooges on this one. Morgan Strebler is coming out with an effect just like this called Taste Effects, or something like that. And I dont think Morgan would sell something that uses stooges to accomplish the effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:33 pm 
Penguin

Like I said its just a method.

Post subject: thanks for the info gentleman....here's what i found
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:27 am 
Penguin

Morgan strebler is releasing a DVD called "Taste Conditions", was supposed to be release 12/25/06 but from what i can see it has not been released yet(obviously). I hope is not a small fortune as some of these tricks can be. But alas, I will probably buy it anyway....unless a pirate ship rolls into to town, haha. Eitherway, I have his liquid metal and its great. Next time I'm in vegas I'm gonna check him out.

Post subject: early 07 for Taste Conditions
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:33 am 
Penguin

....now they are saying early 07 for release.

Post subject: Similar method
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:03 am 
Penguin

Well, I too have thought about this one... I tried to figure it out, but the one thing that bothered me was the whole carbonation thing.... but I recently saw a Kool-Aid like drink mix that instantly carbonates the water...could involve a tablet form of this stuff idk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:45 pm 
Penguin

there's an effect in the SOC that is "Water to Cola"

same thing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:56 am 
Penguin

It could be done with stooges really easily, that's a given.

Though one could question the chemistry of a water to beer trick.

Water to soda (which everyone is saying) could be done quite easily.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:54 am 
Penguin

dry ice. and some flavouring should do it

Post subject: Criss Angel- Water to beer trick
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:46 pm 
Penguin

Well, I have looked into water to cola, and if you google around a bit, there's a video of it being done, it's pretty much identical looking... on the topic of dry ice.... i've used it extensively in some of my other pastimes (I invent SFX tech.) but in my dealings it usually produces a stream if you will of bubbles, which looks cool, but nothing like the carbonation in soda or beer. If you watch the video, the illusoin closely parallels Angel's performance, and I belive there'd have to be a gimmick somewhere, but as to where I don't know. If it was a fairly simple one, I'm sure Angel and his team could easily create an altered gimmick for this version... but that's just my sway on things...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:03 pm 
Penguin

I m really not sure about that but he takes something to cover up the glass... so , let your imagination run wild

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:36 pm 
Penguin

i remeber find something called beer powder or beer pellets on the internet. Just drop one into the drink and stir(or in Criss's instance) shake, and you have beer.

http://www.thegag.com/a1065.html