View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Bad work
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:53 pm 
Penguin

Overall I think that criss angels work is pretty pathetic. The only thing I think is good from him is the cool tricks he does, like floating dollar bills, street magic, the easy and entertaining stuff. However, I find that all of his supposedly 'mind reading' stuff is absolutely dumb and planned. If you have ever seen his show, there have been episodes that are extremely fake and setup. Like one of the episodes where carrot top or whatever his name is and criss angel 'magically' went through the two peicess of paper on a motorcycle without hitting carrot top. And another one where he got 'cut' in half and survived, he was 'magically' put back together. They had actors crying on the ground and a lady fainted, come on. I know magic is supposed to be fun and entertaining but some of the stuff criss does is just so ridiculously stupid.

Theres just some of my rage for criss angel, who does stupid stuff and gets paid millions for it.

/END RANT/

-Ninja_K

Post subject: Re: Bad work
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:08 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Ninja_K wrote:
Overall I think that criss angels work is pretty pathetic. The only thing I think is good from him is the cool tricks he does, like floating dollar bills, street magic, the easy and entertaining stuff. However, I find that all of his supposedly 'mind reading' stuff is absolutely dumb and planned. If you have ever seen his show, there have been episodes that are extremely fake and setup. Like one of the episodes where carrot top or whatever his name is and criss angel 'magically' went through the two peicess of paper on a motorcycle without hitting carrot top. And another one where he got 'cut' in half and survived, he was 'magically' put back together. They had actors crying on the ground and a lady fainted, come on. I know magic is supposed to be fun and entertaining but some of the stuff criss does is just so ridiculously stupid.

Theres just some of my rage for criss angel, who does stupid stuff and gets paid millions for it.

/END RANT/

-Ninja_K

Ummm, he actually does that in his stage show, so therefore it is not fake.

You say he does stupid stuff, yet you can recall alot of his episodes, which makes me believe that you watch him all the time. He does make millions, because to laymen, not jealous Magicians, he is entertaining and mystifying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:36 am 
Penguin

For real??... I too assumed it was too good to be true (either camera edits or a mass of stooges).

Massive props to that illusion if it's real.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:40 am 
Emperor Penguin

That illusion is legit. It's just a standard illusion, that many people do. He does modify his somewhat, so it's more believable, but he's not the only one that does that illusion.

Also, the mind reading stuff, isn't too hard. The majority of it is legit. You have to remember that he has Banachek and Luke Jermay who both specialize in mentalism. So it's not surprising that Criss does a lot of mentalism.

Yes, he does use stooges and camera tricks for the bigger stuff, but a lot of which he does, don't need any additional trickery. And this is coming from someone who doesn't care much for Angel either. But if you want to bash him, atleast know what you're talking about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:05 pm 
Penguin

It seems almost all your posts are just pointless rants. We all know Criss Angel isn't as amazing as he may claim, but ranting about it doesn't do anything. We already know all of this, and quite frankly its a bit childish to rant about someone who is being payed millions for something stupid. You could say that about sports to. Millions to catch a ball at the right spot? Anyone could do that. Calm down.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:56 am 
born to perform.

Ninja_K wrote:

/END RANT/

-Ninja_K

On eall of his mentalism is legit. He has some of the two best mentalist in the world i not he best working for him. Trust me it is legit. Also His sawin gin half illusion is real. Those weren't actors. HE does htis in his stage show and a lot of people have seen it done live. So grow up. Fac ethat fact that just becuase YOU can 't figure somehtin gout doens' tmean it is a camera trick. I am tired of all these [edited] kids coming on her eand compling and bithcing aobut how criss angle uses camera tricks becaus ethey can't figure it out. If you say he uses camera tricks then proove dont be a little Edited aobut it an dstart saiyng it on here. Do you honestly think the AMgic castl eis goign to there highest prestiged award to soem one that is good at filming ? I don't think so. He amy use sthe camera s to cut out misdirection and thing slike that but common now if he didn't people with tv would just rewind it and play it slowmotion and figur eit out.

SO STOP!

Sean

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:56 am 
born to perform.

Ninja_K wrote:

/END RANT/

-Ninja_K

On eall of his mentalism is legit. He has some of the two best mentalist in the world i not he best working for him. Trust me it is legit. Also His sawin gin half illusion is real. Those weren't actors. HE does htis in his stage show and a lot of people have seen it done live. So grow up. Fac ethat fact that just becuase YOU can 't figure somehtin gout doens' tmean it is a camera trick. I am tired of all these [edited] kids coming on her eand compling and bithcing aobut how criss angle uses camera tricks becaus ethey can't figure it out. If you say he uses camera tricks then proove dont be a little Edited aobut it an dstart saiyng it on here. Do you honestly think the AMgic castl eis goign to there highest prestiged award to soem one that is good at filming ? I don't think so. He amy use sthe camera s to cut out misdirection and thing slike that but common now if he didn't people with tv would just rewind it and play it slowmotion and figur eit out.

SO STOP!

Sean

Post subject: saw in two
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:46 pm 
Penguin

When people wil realize that the sawing in half he does that COPPERFIELD has done it befoe him ? it's the same thing . same round saw, can be surrounded, etc.. he si not the first to do it is as he claims it (I m not an Angel hater, btw) but I don't like some things he says