View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:08 pm 

Once again, who cares? The show is for laymen, not us. It's entertaining to them, so it's good for all of us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:44 pm 
born to perform.

I really don't consider that woman a stooge in that illusion. She is part of the illusion, not a stooge in my opinion. I think there is a difference in an assistant and a stooge. Sometimes I think you have to make your assistants appear to be random people, or else your audience won't be as amazed. However, when Angel did his levitation that you can buy those people surrounding him were definately stooges, and not assistants because the illusion could be done without them. Thats my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:20 am 
Penguin

Obviously it's an assistant. If a random stranger went up to you, hypnotised your wife, grabbed her, told you to hold her head and feet and levitated her, would you not even say anything and act like this happens everyday? They are just standing there saying "wow" in a bored monotone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:31 pm 

I've been saying that from the beginning. A stooge is no more than an assistant with a different role. No one listens when I say it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:57 pm 
born to perform.

But the stooge has no role except to stand where the trick is exposed or be where the trick is exposed or be in on the trick? You consider that an assistant? I'm not being rude I'm just asking. Personally I think it would be ok to use like one or two stooges, but using them like Angel does is a little ridiculous, I mean completely surrounding himself with spectators for his self levitation that he sells? I think I should go do the balduci levitation, but film me doing it surrounded and have all of my stooges freak out that can see me doing you know what. (it would be funny)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:07 am 
Emperor Penguin

"Stooge Freak!!!" "Stooge Freak!!!" "Stooge Freak!!!" "Are you ready?!" For some reason I just had a visual of him singing that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:12 am 
Penguin

I am the stooge freak!! STOOGE FREAK!! but I still have alot of respect for him. He knows how to keep an audience interested and he is a showman. He has the presentation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:17 pm 
born to perform.

Personally I think he comes across as being arrogant, not entertaining. I don't see where he has that good of presentational skills, especially when he does any real street magic. All he ever does then, whether its shown on the show or not, is say "can I try an experiment with you?" I'm sorry, but that doesn't work in street magic. That will make people think you're a wierd pervert and try to get away as quick as possible. He also doesn't seem to have patter planned out for his street magic, or know what to say to what and when to say it. Its not uncommon at all to see him kind of laughing, but thinking of what to say next while he is kind of laughing.

But I can clearly see his stage shows are the exact opposite, he clearly plans out every single motion he makes, and of course what he says. So I don't understand why he wouldn't approach street magic the same way, but he doesn't seem to have much of a clue as to what he is going to be saying other than "can I try an experiment with you?."

About me saying he comes off as arrogant, thats the way his presentation often seems to me, if you want to call it presentation, but I'm not saying he is arrogant. A lot of people say he is a really good person, and I haven't met him so I don't know. I just think his presentation or style comes off as arrogant. But thats just me.