View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:26 pm 
born to perform.

Jesus! I didn't realize I was so tired at 1 a.m.
I just read my post, and barely understood it.

In case anybody else experienced that, I will clear it up:

I am not opposed to his creation of the illusions by using camera tricks. I just don't like the fact that it doesn't really take any magic skill to do so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:14 pm 
Emperor Penguin

As I said many times in the past, Criss hurts real-world performers by creating unrealistic expectations. You will have laymen asking you to walk up a wall, or float across a building, and Criss can actually do it because he "said so." I also do not find him appealing as a performer in any sense, especially as a magician. A stuntman at best maybe.

You have magicians that are enjoyable to watch, and very artistic in their craft. Lance Burton, Jamy Ian Swiss, Daryl, etc...Then you have Criss standing there mumbling, attempting to do a bad Blaine impersonation, decked out in ridiculous biker attire and bling; acting like he is a God. When in fact his actual technical skill is mediocre at best. Even Blaine is far more superior technically, and comes as more likeable. Plus his presentation/character is original to him, not copied.

You look at Blaine and think, "he is cool." He don't act like he is superior to you, and does not scream in your face; and performs "real magic" by its core definition—which says a lot that he is able to do this on TV. Then you look at Criss, and can only think "what a d***." At least that is my perception. He just comes off as some hack looking for attention, not a magician/entertainer. At least nowadays as opposed to his past stage performances.

Last edited by sirbrad on Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:56 pm 
born to perform.

sirbrad wrote:
As I said many times in the past, Criss hurts real-world performers by creating unrealistic expectations. You will have laymen asking you to walk up a wall, or float across a building, and Criss can actually do it because he "said so." I also do not find him appealing as a performer in any sense, especially as a magician. A stuntman at best maybe.

You have magicians that are enjoyable to watch, and very artistic in their craft. Lance Burton, Jamy Ian Swiss, Daryl, etc...Then you have Criss standing there mumbling, attempting to do a bad Blaine impersonation, decked out in ridiculous biker attire and bling; acting like he is a God. When in fact his actual technical skill is mediocre at best. Even Blaine is far more superior technically, and comes as more likeable. Plus his presentation/character is original to him, not copied.

You look at Blaine and think, "he is cool." He don't act like he is superior to you, and does not scream in your face; and performs "real magic" by its core definition—which says a lot that he is able to do this on TV. then you look at Criss, and can only think "what a d***." At least that is my perception. He just comes off as some hack looking for attention, not a magician/entertainer. At least nowadays as opposed to his past stage performances.

STFU NOOB.

lol just kidding, that was a great post and i agree with it 100%

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:41 pm 
Emperor Penguin

daniel116 wrote:
STFU NOOB.

I thought I was in Counter Strike there for a minute after putting an Pwning on another kiddie. I am 1337!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:52 am 
born to perform.

thangdeu wrote:
Because, he does.

haha too funny...I think that puts an end to this whole argument.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:07 pm 
Penguin

sean_mh wrote:
A magician fooling people with camera tricks is essentially the same as a singer performing by lip-synching.

Sean
no its not lip synching is a sneely way of getting people to like you what criss angel is doing should be concidered criminal lets use an example, on tv there are 5 magic shows on t.v. one of them uses camera tricks and is discovered then what happens? people get togther and convence themselves that ALL the shows are fake and that starts a chain reaction and reputations go down. so that that one show can be better only if the others suffer this does happen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:47 am 
Penguin

sirbrad wrote:
I thought I was in Counter Strike there for a minute after putting an Pwning on another kiddie. I am 1337!!!!

I'm guessing the "P" must be silent. Very intellectual of you, gypsy gamer.

And America's Army kicks CS's bootay by a long shot. If you'll pardon the pun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:50 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Pwning, or to "Pwown", is the act of being supernaturally Uber. Uber ofcourse a name given to people who Pwown.

citing the word "Pwning" and/or to "Pwown" is often used as a first line of mental defense by [edited], also known as n00b$.

In the real world, this is often a discussion killer, laughing and pointing at one whom your having a discussion with and shouting "Pwowned!" has the almost magical ability to stop almost every conversations carried out with normal people. Beware, a n00b will often be able to counter this by yelling "I pwown your n00b [edited]", which will either result in a never ending contest of wits, or the ultimate surrender of one of the participants. After which he/she will of course be the other's "Biatch".

As any word in moronian, Pwning can be used as a verb, noun, curse, shovel, or dead elephant.

Reasons to proclaim the fact you are "Pwning":

-After gathering 5 people to backstab someone, having backstabbed one of your closest allies, backstabbing the 5 people who helped you, then claiming all their earthly goods for the sake of your mission concerning taking over the world.

-Generally, doing anything that makes any head (but yours of course) asplode.

-Talking to a (living, and awake) girl for more then 3 seconds.

-Generally, wrecking something that took other people hours to do in a matter of minutes, just because you can.

-Having written this article about Pwning.

-hot sexx

When however on the receiving end of some serious Pwonage, it is best to lower your head in shame, and never go back. Or hit back so hard, all the Pwn will flow towards you enabling you to use it to shape the universe to your will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:24 am 
Penguin

Nerd.

PWOWNED!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:33 am 
Emperor Penguin

Krokaholic wrote:
Nerd.

PWOWNED!

Ok, THAT was funny...... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:58 am 
born to perform.

thangdeu wrote:
Because, he does.

QFE The levitation's camera tricks. Not all the stuff. I hate it when people just blame all magic on camera tricks and paid actors :evil: PWNOWNED! End of topic!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:17 pm 
Penguin

Location: I will reveal my location when 'key' villians kill S.D.Congro.
How can people prove whether or not camera tricks were used?

Post subject: hey
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:16 am 
Penguin

like i said in another forum, we are all here to entertain. I dont really care if he uses camera tricks or not. Because in the end he is just trying to entertain just like all of us.

its also a 30 min TV so of course they have to cut seens to make the cut for the 24 min deadline. anyways im so tierd of magicians complaining about Chris Angel and David Blaine. Respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:06 pm 
born to perform.

Some great peices of proof of criss staging his tricks is that in one of his season 3 episodes he and his girl are out on a date and he shows her a trick where he flotes a flame in the air. I find it a bit long reaching that his camera crew would follow him this far into his personal life, unless it was fake and staged.

Another reason is to look at some of his big stunts and you can see some real proof in the episode where he is on a motor bike makes a 100ft jump and dissapers, there were hundreds of people watching.this was not the work of camera tricks. Now take the building to building levitation there were very few people there. At the time that was supposed to be his greatest levitation, if it was not camera tricks I am sure there would be hundreds of people there or it would in a more public place not some buildings hidden some were in las vegas.

Think about every stunt that criss does they will fall into one of these examples.

I rest my case JULIEGEL HAS SPOKEN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:14 pm 
Emperor Penguin

juliegel wrote:
Some great peices of proof of criss staging his tricks is that in one of his season 3 episodes he and his girl are out on a date and he shows her a trick where he flotes a flame in the air. I find it a bit long reaching that his camera crew would follow him this far into his personal life, unless it was fake and staged.

Another reason is to look at some of his big stunts and you can see some real proof in the episode where he is on a motor bike makes a 100ft jump and dissapers, there were hundreds of people watching.this was not the work of camera tricks. Now take the building to building levitation there were very few people there. At the time that was supposed to be his greatest levitation, if it was not camera tricks I am sure there would be hundreds of people there or it would in a more public place not some buildings hidden some were in las vegas.

Think about every stunt that criss does they will fall into one of these examples.

I rest my case JULIEGEL HAS SPOKEN

I beg to differ. My Dad and I noticed while watching this stunt that, when he is in mid-air (seen from the back), you can actually see "him" jump to the left about 6 inches. "Glitch"? I don't think so...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next