View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:17 pm 
born to perform.

not a glitch a cut

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:24 pm 
born to perform.

In response to magic4mps...

When he pulls that chick out of that guy's bag at the army base thing, there is definite evidence.
They show the table in front of him from all angles at the beginning, then when he is about to produce the chick, we can clearly see a mirror between the table legs (reflecting the grass in front making the illusion of empty space, and it creates a place for the production item (the woman) to hide).

There is some evidence for you. It isn't a camera trick exactly, but it is an effect only suitable for a camera, and it requires camera cuts...

Here is a link... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfg1SCHKwp0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:34 pm 
born to perform.

Uh camera tricks are lame and all but that is exposure....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:37 am 
born to perform.

oh ya sure, he can like just levitate over buildings, walk on water, nah no camera tricks there :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:03 am 
Penguin

Most people don't think Criss Angel uses camera tricks. The layman has no idea but most magicians/illusionists can see that he does. Anyone with experience in magic/illusions can tell which tricks are faked by either using a camera trick or pack of stooges.

I feel the type of cheating Criss Angel does is hurting magic. It raises the bar and hurts live acts that don't cheat by using camera tricks.

Criss Angel = Harry Potter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:56 am 
Penguin

He doesnt use camera tricks hes an illusionist, if he did that means anybody can be chris angel right now.

when he walks on water he uses glass

_ __
| |
| |
| |
___
| |
| |
| |

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:35 am 
Emperor Penguin

With enough money, anyone could be a Criss Angel. Also, you really shouldn't try to expose the methods of Criss Angel. It's still exposure, and you most likely have no idea how he did it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:58 pm 
Penguin

when he makes the card go thru the bus window, if you look at the girls head, you see sunglasses, after she confirms that the card is in the deck there is a camera cut, and her sunglasses are off. how do you explain that one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:10 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Why do some people find pleasure in dissecting his videos? Do you know what, it doesn't matter. If you don't like him, if you're pissed because he uses camera tricks, don't watch the darn show.

I don't like the guy, and I choose not to watch his show, ever since his last Halloween special. However, I'm really sick of people bitching about him, because it means that they are still watching his show. If you don't like him, don't watch him. It's as simple as that.

Also, not all camera edits are camera tricks. They have to do camera edits to reduce time. That could very well explain the reason the card through window one. It's not unlikely that a woman would take her sunglasses off. I'm not defending Criss, but sometimes it just gets ridiculous.

Post subject: Re: Why does everybody think chris angel usues camera tricks
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:25 pm 
Penguin

QD0G wrote:
Why does everybody think chris angel uses camera tricks? I understand if he uses an ocasional spectator he knows, but he only does that if their are audience members he dosent know. It is all about creating the illusion. Just because some kids on youtube posted videos about how chris angel uses camera tricks, dosent meen he does. Come on, he is a proffesional Illusionist. I think it is funny how people think he usus camera tricks, when their is like 20 people watching him. "Their are plants!", is what some people say. But does anybody have any HARD proof, like a leak from his organzation or anything. No.
What part of ILLUSIONIST do you not understand!!! That's what illusionist means. He's a magician and magicians use magic TRICKS to fool people. He gives ILLUSIONS to make people believe that he can actually float or read peoples minds. Those tricks are called illusions!!! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:58 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I rarely ever see the show anymore, although it comes on sometimes after I watch DOG The Bounty Hunter. Sometimes I leave it on as background noise, or just to see some good comedy. I live for the moments when Criss has to use a cut-shot in order to execute a double undercut, or an overhand shuffle. Moves far too advanced for Criss to do without a camera, and would actually require practice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:59 am 
born to perform.

Last Halloween I think it was, when he did buried alive with Rob Zombie, how many of you noticed that the house in the background was the house from Devils Rejects and the rain was Zombies rain macine. I thought that was interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:33 am 
Emperor Penguin

zambini wrote:
Last Halloween I think it was, when he did buried alive with Rob Zombie, how many of you noticed that the house in the background was the house from Devils Rejects and the rain was Zombies rain macine. I thought that was interesting.
I don't know if that was from last Halloween, but I do remember seeing that. What I found interesting is that every time I've seen that feat done, it's always been raining (Banachek did it as well, and I believed it also rained when he did it).

Post subject: Bollocks
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:37 pm 
Penguin

In my opinion, people who say Criss Angel uses camera tricks are merely envious that Angel actually pulls this stuff off. They're angry that they cannot uncover his methods so they must find another means of explanation. If you can find cold hard evidence instead of "no one can really do that" or "it looks he is using tricks" than you are a better man than everyone else who states those quotes along with a myriad of others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:26 am 
Penguin

There are many mixed emotions here. The guy is rich, and he does magic. Camera cinema effects, yessir you can take that stuff to the bank. I do watch the show, but I essentially can't wait for the end of this. I've really had enough. The only enjoyable show I've watched so far on season 3 was when he went to the country and did the trial by fire, with other refinements (chicken- this is real BTW). I've seen some of the magic botched up with none of the subtleties added at all. He can perform, but he likes to use short-cuts on the real deal and I for one do not appreciate this. If you're going to perform a trick, do it with your own style, but please pull it off efficiently with a not-hurried finish? He does what he does but IMHO I think he is destroying the talent that one could possibly have and achieve with this art relying on technology to get him through an effect. I'll give you an example- the hundy 500. It was like he couldn't wait to get done with the effect and it was so fast, no one could really appreciate it. Did it, done, move on. Maybe it was the character. Where's the real magic there? He can't even balance on anything for crying out loud. I think when you build a reputation, you should keep it and not fall on your butt when on a skateboard or something. It seems like Banachek is keeping him in line with the mentalism, and everytime he incorporates this into his routine it is super gold, but other than that it seems as though the real magical talent when performing is not there. Escapes are another good staple for him AKA Banachek, but does anyone else see the train wreck? Tell me I'm not the only one. Look at the new JCP commercial and you know what is going on in a nutshell.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next