View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:12 pm 
Emperor Penguin

And I know we dont always get paid for it... but most of us have used other peoples jokes, lines, presentation, even ones look.

Like blood said, as long as you make it your own... and not just copy it exactly as the original person you heard it from or saw perform it.

His actual stand up is way more original and his own, than his tv series.

How many people that own BTP, I wonder perform the effects taught exactly the same way Oz performed them? Granted one might have paid for the dvd (routine and presentation) its still unoriginal to use it as taught.
Or the people that copy angel or blaine or johnathan...

Not to say I dont like other comdians. I love Robin Williams, Bill cosby, blue comedy tour, Richard Pryor, Jeff Donhum, and many more. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:36 am 
born to perform.

DavidTheCryptic wrote:
And I know we dont always get paid for it... but most of us have used other peoples jokes, lines, presentation, even ones look.

Like blood said, as long as you make it your own... and not just copy it exactly as the original person you heard it from or saw perform it.

His actual stand up is way more original and his own, than his tv series.

How many people that own BTP, I wonder perform the effects taught exactly the same way Oz performed them? Granted one might have paid for the dvd (routine and presentation) its still unoriginal to use it as taught.
Or the people that copy angel or blaine or johnathan...

Y

Not to say I dont like other comdians. I love Robin Williams, Bill cosby, blue comedy tour, Richard Pryor, Jeff Donhum, and many more. :lol:

Yeah, but we pay for the right to use other peoples effects. We don't just use them. Also our secrets are guarded. Jokes are different. They are out in the open for anyone to use. We have to practice until we get everything right.

Mencia takes the jokes and adds swearing and movement. Comics work hard to write that material and Mancia just takes all the hard work away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:57 am 
Emperor Penguin

nikiel wrote:
Yeah, but we pay for the right to use other peoples effects. We don't just use them. Also our secrets are guarded. Jokes are different. They are out in the open for anyone to use. We have to practice until we get everything right.

Mencia takes the jokes and adds swearing and movement. Comics work hard to write that material and Mancia just takes all the hard work away.
And magicians work really hard on their routines, then we see other magicians stealing that. Carlos does add something to those jokes. And really, many comedians do it. Gazzo uses other people's lines. So does a vast amount of other comedian magicians. I use other people's lines. I heard about a British comedian that only used other people's jokes (he bought a book or something). But he changed them to make them fit him. And he does great.

Carlos, even though I don't like his show, does put his own touch to every joke he does. And really, it's no different then us using other people's magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:52 pm 
Penguin

nikiel wrote:
Here is an interresting thing about the Mencia and Joe Rogan feud:
WARNING: INTENSE LANGUAGE (please don't ban me)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoQjzJWUvgk

I found this spoof on it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ephZ0iwwd3s

kinda funny