View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: David Blaine's email????
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:48 pm 
Penguin

Does anyone know an email where DB can be reached at??? I know it sounds crazy but usually people have an email on the website but DB doesn't. I was just wondering. Thanks.

PS: his MySpace doesn't work, I tried already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:34 pm 

At the bottom of http://www.davidblaine.com/ there is a text window to receive updates and news. Sign up for that.

FYI - His MySpace page does work. I just checked. (He is on my friends list). Make sure you find the official one and not a knock-off or fan site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:44 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Heh. No, unfortunately he doesn't. Even their online shop does not have any contact information.

But I wonder why. heh. ;)

Best bet is to try contacting one of the mods in his forums, and see if they can pass whatever message it is that you have for him.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:58 pm 

A few months back I received my International Brotherhood of Magicians Directory. There are quite a number of famous magicians in the directory. Names, Mailing Addresses and Telephone numbers. I remember seeing David Copperfield, Lance Burton and Siegfried & Roy. I will check for David Blaine. But I will keep it to myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:55 pm 
Penguin

Location: In some sweet limo, with a hot girl *wakes up and cries*
DerZauberer wrote:
A few months back I received my International Brotherhood of Magicians Directory. There are quite a number of famous magicians in the directory. Names, Mailing Addresses and Telephone numbers. I remember seeing David Copperfield, Lance Burton and Siegfried & Roy. I will check for David Blaine. But I will keep it to myself.

???

So why the heck did you post?

*sighs as he notes the stupidity of his fellow magician*

8)

-Trix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:40 pm 
born to perform.

mmroczka wrote:
DerZauberer wrote:

???

So why the heck did you post?

8)

-Trix

That's not stupidity, he's saying that in the International Brotherhood of Magicians Directory it lists many professional magicians numbers. Useful information IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:00 pm 
Penguin

Oh.

So to get back to my question. WHY DOESN'T HE PM IT TO THE DUDE? Last time I checked IBM didn't ban giving out there addresses...so I am lost as to why he hasn't done anything...

Perhaps I am the one being stupid, if that is the case then I apologize ahead of time, I just don't understand... :cry:

-Trix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:11 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Because you don't deserve it. Simple as that. If you want to find out his address, get the directory yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:38 pm 

I looked at the directory; David Blaine is not an I.B.M. member. There are many big names in magic in the book though.

If you want the information from this directory, I suggest you join the organization and purchase the directory yourself. I have an unopened copy of the directory in CD-ROM form which I will gladly part with for the low low price of $75.00.

And to answer your ridiculous question. I‘m not going to give out someone else’s personal contact information that’s not mine to give.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:55 pm 
Emperor Penguin

mmroczka wrote:
WHY DOESN'T HE PM IT TO THE DUDE? Last time I checked IBM didn't ban giving out there addresses...

The directory has private information in it. To be used exclusively by members of the fraternity.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:13 am 
Penguin

Oh, ok. Sorry, I thought since it was in the book, they were sort of "forfeiting" the right to keep it quite.

My bad,

-Trix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:01 pm 
born to perform.

These guys are just being jerks. "To be used exclusively by members of the fraternity.?

*Yawn* Give me a break. Everyone on Penguin Magic is part of the magic fraternity. They just haven't joined an official one. Get off your high horse.

(I'm in both the S.A.M. and the I.B.M.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:59 pm 

DVLKCC wrote:
These guys are just being jerks. "To be used exclusively by members of the fraternity.?

*Yawn* Give me a break. Everyone on Penguin Magic is part of the magic fraternity. They just haven't joined an official one. Get off your high horse.

If your in the I.B.M. then you are part of that Fraternity are you not? It’s an exclusive club that I am proud to be a member of. It’s not for everyone; you need to prove your interest in the Art of Magic and you need members to sponsor your application. I am also a member of the Academy of Magical Arts, (Another Magic group that is not easy to join).

To generalize and say that everyone at Penguin is a member of this “Fraternity” is up for interpretation. There are numerous forum members that lack the maturity or common sense to be taken seriously here.

If you cannot realize that being a member of these organizations is a privilege, why did you join in the first place?!?

The book in questions is to be used by members only. (It states that on the first page!) Also, some noob asking for David Blaine’s email without showing initiative to do the simple research necessary doesn’t deserve the answer given to him. (Why is it so urgent that he contact him anyway? Does he have this fantastic idea that he wishes to share? Or is he a fanatic that just wants to contact him to kiss his butt?)

For someone protesting about being on a “High Horse” you seem to think your opinion is better than ours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:16 pm 
Emperor Penguin

DVLKCC wrote:

Then you have no idea what a fraternity is, and you shouldn't have wasted your money becoming a member of I.B.M. and S.A.M. You seem confused between the difference of being in the magic community, and being in a magic fraternity.

Not to mention that, but oviously mislead whomever it was who sponsored your approval for membership in those fraternities based on your ignorance.

8)