View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:29 am 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 18 Aug 2002
Posts: 5856
Location: www.anythingmagic.net
jverrone wrote:
exodus wrote:
jverrone wrote:

And what are these amazing things you have accomplished in your 22 years on this planet? Have a list of awards somewhere? Post them so we can see.


I'm not too concerned with entering contests. I'm more concerned with having people ask me to come back to perform for them again. You obviously don't have this happen much, because you don't seem to be able to entertain your audience to the point that they like you better than Angel.


What are these achievements you've gone on about? Hmm? At 22 what have you achieved?


What achievements are you referring to? I don't recall him saying he has made achievements, in fact he claimed not to care about getting any awards. He clearly stated that he gets more work from paying clients, not awards.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:13 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 823
swatch0 wrote:
Amen to that.


QFE (Quoted for Emphasis).

Brucelee


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:52 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Moderator

Joined: 21 Feb 2003
Posts: 14016
Location: Las Vegas, NV/Albuquerque, NM/Pensacola, FL
magikrn wrote:

What achievements are you referring to? I don't recall him saying he has made achievements, in fact he claimed not to care about getting any awards. He clearly stated that he gets more work from paying clients, not awards.


Yeah, but that's not good enough for him. My achievements speak for themselves once you've met me. My achievements include things like starting the SYM here in ABQ, still being able to enjoy doing magic because it's not not my primary job, and selling magic to people that are starting to express an interest and then getting them hooked. I don't do contests. I've one a few local closeup contests, though. I've done a quite a few lectures here in town, also. There's also this "walking encyclopedia of sleight of hand effects" thing that i've been working on when I'm bored. I'm really not going to get into a ugly contest with you though. It's not worth my time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:18 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 172
exodus wrote:
magikrn wrote:

What achievements are you referring to? I don't recall him saying he has made achievements, in fact he claimed not to care about getting any awards. He clearly stated that he gets more work from paying clients, not awards.


Yeah, but that's not good enough for him. My achievements speak for themselves once you've met me. My achievements include things like starting the SYM here in ABQ, still being able to enjoy doing magic because it's not not my primary job, and selling magic to people that are starting to express an interest and then getting them hooked. I don't do contests. I've one a few local closeup contests, though. I've done a quite a few lectures here in town, also. There's also this "walking encyclopedia of sleight of hand effects" thing that i've been working on when I'm bored. I'm really not going to get into a ugly contest with you though. It's not worth my time.


Oh forgive me, this was his quote "...considering quite a few accomplishments of mine that I seriously doubt you could match".

From what I can see most of your list is just you doing magic. Sorry but those aren't achievements. Any hobbyist can make the same claims. I'm not entering a contest with you in fact I also believe that most awards are lame and not worth the material they are printed on. But don't go running your mouth about your great achievements when really you don't have any.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:41 am 
User avatar
Offline
Moderator

Joined: 21 Feb 2003
Posts: 14016
Location: Las Vegas, NV/Albuquerque, NM/Pensacola, FL
I don't have any? I'm furthering the art of magic, you're complaining about it. Sorry that's not enough of an achievement for you. Either way, I'm done arguing with you over the fact that Criss Angel is a better magician. He's astounds people, you whine because you can't. I really don't feel like dealing with this right now. I'm tired.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:38 am 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 172
exodus wrote:
I don't have any? I'm furthering the art of magic, you're complaining about it. Sorry that's not enough of an achievement for you. Either way, I'm done arguing with you over the fact that Criss Angel is a better magician. He's astounds people, you whine because you can't. I really don't feel like dealing with this right now. I'm tired.


If I wanted to invest more in my editing crew than my actual magic I could do EXACTLY what Criss Angel does. I could make everything from women to planes disappear in what appears to be an impossible situation using digital editing and apparently you would call that magic. I unlike you have more respect for the art. I'm not willing to make movies, I'll stick to making magic.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:03 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Posts: 388
jverrone wrote:
exodus wrote:
I don't have any? I'm furthering the art of magic, you're complaining about it. Sorry that's not enough of an achievement for you. Either way, I'm done arguing with you over the fact that Criss Angel is a better magician. He's astounds people, you whine because you can't. I really don't feel like dealing with this right now. I'm tired.


If I wanted to invest more in my editing crew than my actual magic I could do EXACTLY what Criss Angel does. I could make everything from women to planes disappear in what appears to be an impossible situation using digital editing and apparently you would call that magic. I unlike you have more respect for the art. I'm not willing to make movies, I'll stick to making magic.


Read the thread on camera tricks poll. I covered your argument there.


Garrett


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:46 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Moderator

Joined: 21 Feb 2003
Posts: 14016
Location: Las Vegas, NV/Albuquerque, NM/Pensacola, FL
jverrone wrote:
If I wanted to invest more in my editing crew than my actual magic I could do EXACTLY what Criss Angel does. I could make everything from women to planes disappear in what appears to be an impossible situation using digital editing and apparently you would call that magic. I unlike you have more respect for the art. I'm not willing to make movies, I'll stick to making magic.


See, now you're showing your ignorance. I have never and will never use a camera to get the effect that I'm looking for. Never said I did. I don't agree with the use of cameras to do magic. I just asked you to show me absolute proof that he's using them. ONCE AGAIN, I'm positive he's using them. I just don't have the proof. Now, ONCE AGAIN, if you're making magic for people, then why does Angel bother you so much? I'm too busy to watch his shows or to search Youtube for his videos. I don't waste my time on him. You should stop wasting your time on him. You're pissed at me because I disagree with you, but in reality I'm just trying to figure out why I've been labeled a fan and all this other crap when you obviously care about the guy more than me. To say that you have more respect for the art of magic than I do and then say I have no accomplishments in magic, because mentoring children and promoting the art of magic through dozens of CHARITY events isn't enough for you, is offensive. Get a life and stop watch this show that you "hate" so much.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:41 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 172
exodus wrote:
jverrone wrote:
If I wanted to invest more in my editing crew than my actual magic I could do EXACTLY what Criss Angel does. I could make everything from women to planes disappear in what appears to be an impossible situation using digital editing and apparently you would call that magic. I unlike you have more respect for the art. I'm not willing to make movies, I'll stick to making magic.


See, now you're showing your ignorance. I have never and will never use a camera to get the effect that I'm looking for. Never said I did. I don't agree with the use of cameras to do magic. I just asked you to show me absolute proof that he's using them. ONCE AGAIN, I'm positive he's using them. I just don't have the proof. Now, ONCE AGAIN, if you're making magic for people, then why does Angel bother you so much? I'm too busy to watch his shows or to search Youtube for his videos. I don't waste my time on him. You should stop wasting your time on him. You're pissed at me because I disagree with you, but in reality I'm just trying to figure out why I've been labeled a fan and all this other crap when you obviously care about the guy more than me. To say that you have more respect for the art of magic than I do and then say I have no accomplishments in magic, because mentoring children and promoting the art of magic through dozens of CHARITY events isn't enough for you, is offensive. Get a life and stop watch this show that you "hate" so much.


Let me guess. You are some Christian holy roller? Your so called accomplishments are nothing. Doing magic for people? Mentoring children? Charity events? I'm not sure what planet you are from but no one considers those accomplishments. Like I said before any hobbyist that donates his/her time can make the same claims. An accomplishment would be something like appearing on a tv special or headlining at some resort or even releasing your own dvd.

And didn't DaveV tell us that he knew one of Criss Angel's "strangers" was actually a woman that had been paid? You asked for proof that Criss hired stooges and I believe you got it. That wasn't enough?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:46 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 18 Aug 2002
Posts: 5856
Location: www.anythingmagic.net
jverrone wrote:
exodus wrote:
jverrone wrote:
If I wanted to invest more in my editing crew than my actual magic I could do EXACTLY what Criss Angel does. I could make everything from women to planes disappear in what appears to be an impossible situation using digital editing and apparently you would call that magic. I unlike you have more respect for the art. I'm not willing to make movies, I'll stick to making magic.


See, now you're showing your ignorance. I have never and will never use a camera to get the effect that I'm looking for. Never said I did. I don't agree with the use of cameras to do magic. I just asked you to show me absolute proof that he's using them. ONCE AGAIN, I'm positive he's using them. I just don't have the proof. Now, ONCE AGAIN, if you're making magic for people, then why does Angel bother you so much? I'm too busy to watch his shows or to search Youtube for his videos. I don't waste my time on him. You should stop wasting your time on him. You're pissed at me because I disagree with you, but in reality I'm just trying to figure out why I've been labeled a fan and all this other crap when you obviously care about the guy more than me. To say that you have more respect for the art of magic than I do and then say I have no accomplishments in magic, because mentoring children and promoting the art of magic through dozens of CHARITY events isn't enough for you, is offensive. Get a life and stop watch this show that you "hate" so much.


Let me guess. You are some Christian holy roller? Your so called accomplishments are nothing. Doing magic for people? Mentoring children? Charity events? I'm not sure what planet you are from but no one considers those accomplishments. Like I said before any hobbyist that donates his/her time can make the same claims. An accomplishment would be something like appearing on a tv special or headlining at some resort or even releasing your own dvd.

And didn't DaveV tell us that he knew one of Criss Angel's "strangers" was actually a woman that had been paid? You asked for proof that Criss hired stooges and I believe you got it. That wasn't enough?


WOW, you have A LOT to learn about being in the entertainment industry. You are saying that the only accomplishments in Magic are your own dvd, making it on T.V. and headlining a resort?

I once pulled a half dollar out of a ladies ear on request, at the exact moment she asked me to, with her knowing I was a magician for about 5 seconds. The look on that ladies face was pure joy and I will bet she still hasn't forgotten that moment. To me, that was an accomplishment. Not the fact that I did a magic trick to her, but to see her respond the way she did. It made my day.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:47 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Moderator

Joined: 21 Feb 2003
Posts: 14016
Location: Las Vegas, NV/Albuquerque, NM/Pensacola, FL
I brought up the girl first. Dave just said that he knew one of the people, then clarified it was the same one I was talking about. At the same time, for you to say that helping advance the art of magic isn't important shows a lack of respect for my art. I've been doing this for a while. I've done quite a bit. See, in talking about how my mentoring and doing shows aren't accomplishments, you've neglected lectures, performing around the country, and other things that I've done. Honestly, I'm done with this conversation. This is a waste of time and now you've escalated to putting down my accomplishments because I've proven you're more of an Angel fan than most of the forum. Get over yourself. Toss out some of your accomplishments. The only other guy I know of that "hates" Criss Angel, yet watches his shows all the time, is Morgan and he's already got an account here, so I'm guessing you're not him. I'm done with this conversation. Call me out some more. The guys here that have opinions I'm worried about, know me well enough to know my accomplishments. You're not worth my time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:24 am 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 172
magikrn wrote:
WOW, you have A LOT to learn about being in the entertainment industry. You are saying that the only accomplishments in Magic are your own dvd, making it on T.V. and headlining a resort?

I once pulled a half dollar out of a ladies ear on request, at the exact moment she asked me to, with her knowing I was a magician for about 5 seconds. The look on that ladies face was pure joy and I will bet she still hasn't forgotten that moment. To me, that was an accomplishment. Not the fact that I did a magic trick to her, but to see her respond the way she did. It made my day.


I can't believe this is what you consider an accomplishment. Based off of what you are saying everyone that ever pulled a quarter out of someones ear is an accomplished magician? Give me a break.

I think you are the one that is completely in the dark when it comes to the entertainment industry. People will ask you what you are famous for and what are you going to say? That you pulled a half dollar out of some strangers ear?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:30 am 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 10 Dec 2005
Posts: 1394
Location: Newmarket, ON, Canada
jverrone wrote:
I can't believe this is what you consider an accomplishment. Based off of what you are saying everyone that ever pulled a quarter out of someones ear is an accomplished magician? Give me a break.


This is not what he is saying. He is saying that any time he has completely astonished someone is an accomplishment. And I agree, if you are a magician and you have, at some point, completely astonished someone, you have made an accomplishment. You are putting words into his mouth by saying that he said everyone that ever pulled a quarter out of someones ear is an accomplished magician.

jverrone wrote:
I think you are the one that is completely in the dark when it comes to the entertainment industry. People will ask you what you are famous for and what are you going to say? That you pulled a half dollar out of some strangers ear?


Have you ever even had someone ask you what you are famous for? I haven't. Any time I have told someone I am a magician, they ask me what I do, not what I am famous for. Even if they did ask me what I was famous for, I would reply by stating the generalization of liquid metal "I can bend metal with my mind". There I have an answer. I'm sure magikrn has liquid metal too, so he could say the same thing and then bust into liquid metal if there were forks nearby... at least half of it.
You seem to be one to make HUGE generalizations to try and make your point. I seriously doubt that you are 27 years old as you previously stated. Nobody who is 27 would continue an argument for 4 pages of a magic forum, let me re-phrase that, no mature 27 year old would continue that argument. Please, if you can't stop taking every single word that someone says out of context to make your argument, then stop arguing, you are retreating when you do this so you might as well give up. I will no longer be responding to this post, even if you make me angrier than I was with Zanthor. Wait, you're not the re-incarnation of Zanthor are you?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:22 am 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 172
I don't ever recall stating my age. Where and when was this?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:34 am 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 10 Dec 2005
Posts: 1394
Location: Newmarket, ON, Canada
Sorry, it was magikrn, I just read it quickly.
Either way, my post still stands, and I'm only replying for the sake of correcting my mistake. I'm done. I notice you have no rebuttal.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.