View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:57 am 
Penguin

I will say this
It doesn’t matter what any of us think, it is entertainment.
Wrestling is fake, people love it
Criss makes a lot of money of what he does. Is it fake? Sure but
Isn’t all magic?

The millions of people who watch his show every week are the ones who say it all
Am I defending criss? Sure, I enjoy his show I am not a huge fan but it is entertaining, and that’s all that matters to me.

Now just because millions of people watch doesn’t make it good
But good is in the eyes of the beholder

Post subject: Re: For All Criss Angel Followers
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:44 am 
Penguin

Criss lying about using camera tricks is no different than you doing a KM move and lying about doing a double.

Magicians are liars. In your ACR routine... "Watch as I place your card into the center of the deck." That's probably a lie. "Your card is now lost in the deck." Another one.

Many stage magicians use stooges. The point is to entertain. Your audience doesn't care if you are using sleight of hand or some sort of gimmick. They don't know the difference.

Quote:
Criss Angel does not do much to protect his secrets. Many of Criss's tricks are known. One of the levitations Criss performs on his show comes to mind. He did a levitation up an escalator and then did the same one in the middle of a food court while completely surrounded. For everyone that knows how it is done you realize that Criss allowed everyone infront of him to see the tricks gimmick. He does this on many of his illusions. Way to protect the secret.

You don't know that. He could be using camera tricks to make it look like he's surrounded... you claim he uses them for so much else. (I'm not arguing, I can't think of any way to do some of his stuff without camera edits. I also don't care, his job is to entertain.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:53 pm 
Penguin

wow... OK for my imput Criss is a great performer, I understand why some people say he uses cam tricks and hires actors because they are true, however... Criss also has done stunts that are not in anyway or form of magic. He pushes himself over the bodies normal limit! Some tricks, like him walking on water, is an example of him hiring the ladie who swam underneath him. In the magic world I have known that some tricks do require someone to be the secreat assistent. So then why are we getting mad at that? Hmmm?????

Kyle
AKA Spydude777

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:12 pm 
Penguin

spydude777 wrote:
wow... OK for my imput Criss is a great performer, I understand why some people say he uses cam tricks and hires actors because they are true, however... Criss also has done stunts that are not in anyway or form of magic. He pushes himself over the bodies normal limit! Some tricks, like him walking on water, is an example of him hiring the ladie who swam underneath him. In the magic world I have known that some tricks do require someone to be the secreat assistent. So then why are we getting mad at that? Hmmm?????

Kyle
AKA Spydude777

Because I think there is a difference between a secret assistant and a stooge. An assistant secretly helps without being seen and in most case it still requires practice to perform the trick smoothly. However with a stooge no practice is required. Just take an object from a stooge, make it vanish and then appear back in their pocket, which would really just be a duplicate object that was there the whole time. To me there is a big difference in assistants and stooges.

And I just found this online for those of you that wanted proof that Criss Angel uses stooges.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL_86AFKEXI

Post subject: I looked up to Criss Angel
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:13 pm 
Penguin

I think its messed up up, cause criss angel is the reason why i started doing magic, i looked up to him, then i found out that he uses actors and camera tricks i lost a lot of respect for him as a magician. Does anybody feel the same way?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:49 am 
Penguin

KingMilo wrote:
And I just found this online for those of you that wanted proof that Criss Angel uses stooges.

Why were you searching for exposure and why are you posting it?

Also, that is no proof at all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:44 am 
born to perform.

KingMilo wrote:
spydude777 wrote:

Kyle
AKA Spydude777

Because I think there is a difference between a secret assistant and a stooge. An assistant secretly helps without being seen and in most case it still requires practice to perform the trick smoothly. However with a stooge no practice is required. Just take an object from a stooge, make it vanish and then appear back in their pocket, which would really just be a duplicate object that was there the whole time. To me there is a big difference in assistants and stooges.

This is interesting. The fact is, that stooges have always been a part of Magic. There have always been people that acted like members of the audience but were payed by the magicians to play that role.

I see nothing wrong with the judicious use of stooges.

But Camera tricks are something else, even camera editing is simply cheating. Why bother learning sleight of hand if all I need to do is get a camcorder and use editing and post videos on Youtube? I can just Put the card in the middle of the deck... stop the camera... take it out of the middle, then put it on top. start the camera, and tada... Ambitious Card...

Why bother learning sleights then? And saying that it is entertaining is a cop out. Criss may be an awsome stage performer. When he is on stage in front of a live audience that is one thing...what he does on youtube, while entertaining, is not magic... may as well say that Star Wars was magic... Ok ya it was, but not the way we mean.

PS. Why is Criss Angel exposing secrets? even if it is am old effect like the one he did? It's against the spirit of even being a magician. What gives?