View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Halloween Phenomenon!!!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:35 pm 
Penguin

Im watching it right now. Do you think Criss did the right thing by busting the physic (sp?) guy????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:57 pm 
Penguin

If by the right thing you mean he @ssed out a performer during his act, nope.

That's as unprofessional as you can get. I wonder if Criss would tolerate someone in the audience busting him in his own show. I doubt it.

As for what was in the envelope - seeing how small the envelope was - it must've been Criss' #$ck.

Robert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:27 pm 
Penguin

Location: President of the Criss Angel hate club (pm for registration)
The right thing? Surely you're joking?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:08 pm 
Penguin

It probably wasn't the "right" thing to do.. but even I felt that the performer's act was a bit over the top.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:01 pm 
Penguin

YellowSuge wrote:
It probably wasn't the "right" thing to do.. but even I felt that the performer's act was a bit over the top.

Even if it was over the top, it doesn't make it right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:10 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I was reading online about how Criss Angel said that he would bust anyone who said they had real powers, which this guy did. Maybe the guy was defying Criss, I don't know... maybe he deserved it. I don't think Criss should have taken it nearly as far as he did, and I'm not really defending him, just pointing out some interesting facts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:13 pm 
Penguin

I fail to see how any magicians could have any respect whatsoever for this "magician" Criss Angel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:38 pm 

Just to be clear – Jim Callahan stated that he was an entertainer. Being a “Paranormalist” is his character! Be reasonable, do you really think he was trying to put one over on us? Are you people that are screaming “Fake!” the same people that stood up during Jurassic Park film and yelled that the Dinosaurs weren’t real?!?!

Criss Angel starting the fight and challenge was an insult to the performers, and the magic community. I find it funny how he did not call-out any of the other performers. Furthermore, I find it reprehensible for him to have called out Uri Geller, when this is Uri’s show! (I hear from people in the studio audience that during the commercial break, Uri was furious).

Lest we forget that Criss did a Halloween show. Mindfreak, Season 2, where he claimed to commune with the dead? Was that not comical?

Criss is just showing his true colors, he’s an egotistical moron that only thinks about himself and he will insult any real talent because he is jealous and feels threatened that he has to share the spotlight.

Criss feels obligated to “call out” the paranormalist? How about we “call out” Criss Angel for claming to be a real magician when we all know he relies on camera edits, stooges and an army of magic advisors that instruct Criss on how to wipe his nose!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:56 pm 
Penguin

DerZauberer wrote:
Just to be clear – Jim Callahan stated that he was an entertainer. Being a “Paranormalist” is his character! Be reasonable, do you really think he was trying to put one over on us? Are you people that are screaming “Fake!” the same people that stood up during Jurassic Park film and yelled that the Dinosaurs weren’t real?!?!

Criss Angel starting the fight and challenge was an insult to the performers, and the magic community. I find it funny how he did not call-out any of the other performers. Furthermore, I find it reprehensible for him to have called out Uri Geller, when this is Uri’s show! (I hear from people in the studio audience that during the commercial break, Uri was furious).

Lest we forget that Criss did a Halloween show. Mindfreak, Season 2, where he claimed to commune with the dead? Was that not comical?

Criss is just showing his true colors, he’s an egotistical moron that only thinks about himself and he will insult any real talent because he is jealous and feels threatened that he has to share the spotlight.

Criss feels obligated to “call out” the paranormalist? How about we “call out” Criss Angel for claming to be a real magician when we all know he relies on camera edits, stooges and an army of magic advisors that instruct Criss on how to wipe his nose!

I don't blame Geller one bit. Angel shouldn't have mentioned his name at all. It really was uncalled for.

However, I don't see how everyone can say Angel is not a "real magician". Sure, his show is produced with lots of edits etc etc. but it seems that many neglect the fact that he does perform a lot of other magic tricks/illusions (or whatever you want to call it) that don't involve such camera work.

A lot of magicians also have an "army of advisors" and consultants; only difference is that on MindFreak, Angel chooses to give them air time. Not a big deal to me, but to each his own..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:02 pm 

If Criss Angel is really at the top of his game, in the eyes of his blind followers, then a little humility is in order. This isn’t the Criss Angel show, it’s Phenomenon.

The first episode, Criss had no problem interjecting himself into every critique. I thought he had calmed down during the first half of the show, but it seems he was saving himself to bash Callahan.

Angel is a prissy, spoiled “expletive goes here” that really has a problem sharing the spotlight. I have to agree with Jim Callahan, Angel is an ideological bigot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:24 pm 
Penguin

YellowSuge, did you realize that all 3 of your posts are just defending Criss Angel?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:08 pm 
Penguin

Good job ZekeB, you realized I'm new to the forums... but do you really care that much to make a post about it? I find many of your (and everyone else on this forum's) arguments very valid; Although I'm not completely defending CA, I'm just being non biased about it. I guess I don't share in the complete hatred of his work that you do. I have several complaints about Angel which I've shared with my own colleagues for years but I can appreciate the good parts of his performance instead of focussing on all the negative aspects. I post things I believe just as you post on things you do.

And if you were thinking it, this is and will always be my only account (you can have the mod check my ip on that).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:59 pm 
Penguin

I wasn't biased against Criss until very recently :P. Sorry for the confusion, I thought you might be someone disguised as a new account so you wouldn't be bashed for defending Angel :).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:03 am 
Penguin

I think /criss went to hard on him, but his act did go over the top...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:30 pm 
born to perform.

Well, Monsieur Angel will be here in Toronto in the coming weeks. I plan on tracking him down and asking hiom to tell me what I have inside MY envelope.