View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: I will be as or better than david blaine one day i dream
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 4:32 pm 
Penguin

Hi, i just wanted to say.....do any of you support a stunt where I would jump off a pole three stoies high or five into a airbag? Would that be a good stunt to start my magic career like daivd blaine?

Post subject: Re: I will be as or better than david blaine one day i dream
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 5:09 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I don't think jumping into an airbag has anything to do with "magic".

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 8:42 pm 
born to perform.

Location: I shall not capitulate... no never. I may be destroyed, but if I am, I shall drag a world with me...
I just had to reply. People get drawn into david stunts because they are dangerous in one way or another. Whats dangerous about just into an airbag? It's not like your up there for 48 hours or anything. And people need to stop coping david. People like him because his style is original and stunts never before tried in modern magic. If 500 people went around jumping off poles after being up there for 48 hours it would be another trick. Try to be original and make up your own creative ideas..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 10:11 pm 
Penguin

And let's also remember that you can't just go jumping into bags as if it were easy, Blaine was trained by professional stuntmen on how to do what he did. Unless you've got the training don't ever go doing anything like that. It's not as easy as it looks. This has been a public service announcement from Eddie.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:39 pm 
born to perform.

I think its a great way to magically break your neck :) Yeah you gotta know how to land and everything I watched a show on it I think they said onto your back or something but I forget - not like I was gonna try it anyways. Yeah but climbin up a pole and jumping off into an airbag...nah...besides I dont think Blaine just said "Ah, lets jump off a high pole today" it was a long prep. thing...and plus thats good for publicity but dont forget, what REALLY made him huge was his ORIGINAL magic - imagine the Vertigo special without the magic clips?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:21 am 
Penguin

You people don'tget want i'm saying...i'm not really going to do that..i was just seeing...and i know this person who meet david blaine and said he was dull. But i still think blaine is the best. I know blaine had training i'm not an idiot. i was just going to see what other magicians would say...but i am working on a stunt..but not one like blaines...would that be a better idea..to do know one not like his?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:06 pm 
born to perform.

Location: I shall not capitulate... no never. I may be destroyed, but if I am, I shall drag a world with me...
You said would we support it, as if you were going to do it. Maybe you should word your topics better so we can understand exactly what you mean.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:49 pm 
Penguin

Do you think what david blaine did standing on the piller ten stories high was anything do do with magic FRijid_Pink? I don't think so...it was just a stunt and that....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:28 pm 
Emperor Penguin

No, I don't think standing on a pillar ten stories high has anything to do with magic...and neither does jumping on an airbag. Those kind of stunts have nothing to do with magic. That's why I said that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:02 pm 
born to perform.

Vertigo, Frozen In Time, Buried Alive: all summed up with one word: no, not magic; PUBLICITY. Thats all he did it for.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 10:11 pm 
Penguin

i think that if you parachutte out of an airplane and when your like 100 feet high drop the chute then freefall into the airbag.... THAT MIGHT start off your career

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:28 pm 
Penguin

Your right not magic, but think of the little boy whos sitting in front of his television whatching a man stand on a whatever while frozen about to jump into a pool of SARS infested phiranah. Or whatever. Don't you think that young childs mind would belive in magic from then on. Maybe not just puiblicity as some say, maybe a way to entertain. To make that young child believe in magic.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 4:00 pm 
Penguin

I agree....I should re word what i was typing, but since so many think a air bag ain't good....I now agree. I like the jumping out of plane and droping your shute and landing in a ait bag...thats cool. But i hope to do something as all you said....to make a chaild sitting in front of a tv to beleive in magic. Thanks for you help everyone.Thank you so much!