View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Justifying Criss Angel...?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:39 pm 
Penguin

This is long-but please take the time to read it and maybe respond. This is really bothering me.

ok..I might seem like a freak...I just recently purchased Criss Angel's series Phenomenon on DVD, and I've watched all of them already and I'm like a fan now..and I'm becoming a BIG fan..because Criss Angel is hot(lol! :P) and he seems like a nice guy....sometimes. I was hoping someone could like justify him because I really like him but I've noticed..he sometimes seems like a big jerk...I thought maybe a major fan, if there's anyone on here, could perhaps justify some stuff...I know..I must sound so weird right now. It's just been bugging me and I want him to be like nice but what I've seen..well, anyways. So here's the things that have bothered me. Anyone wanna rebuttal against it?

*In one episode, he claims "I don't do anything for self gain, I never do a trick for self gain", and yet we all know he gets paid, and in one stunt I heard him say "I want more money". Yeah, it's fine he gets money but I don't think he should say he doesn't do it for gain...

*He seems to be REALLY vain. In one stunt, he hypnotized kids to pick up a car, and then when they did it he was like "Yeah! I'm awesome! Yeah!!" Seems vain to me. Plus he's always saying "No one has ever done what I've done, I'm the king of magic". Perhaps, but you don't need to...say that and stuff. and then in a tribute to Houdini he was like "I just upped you Houdini!" Thats not a very nice thing to say at a tribute..Plus he's constantly showing off it seems like.

That can all be opinionated stuff-then there's the facts.

*He just broke up with his wife, and then he's seen with all these girls who are alot younger then him all over them, like Paris Hilton and Britney Spears. Thats his business I guess, but then I read about many people being upset because he seems to be using Britney for publicity. As some people said, "He came with Britney, and when the cameras were gone he paid no attention to her and blew her off. The second the paparazzi started to take pics, he jumped back in and was in every single photo." That seems pretty wrong...

*The whole Jim Callahan thing. That was pretty awesome. lol. I liked how he did that, I get what he's saying about how he was fake, I thought Jim was pretty ridiculous too. But then in an interview they had later where he revealed what was in the envelope, he talked about 911 and saying how no one could tell the future and he was out there to expose the fraud who do that and fool people. Um...In TONS of his episodes, he predicts the future...hypocritical much? hes doing the same thing hes talking about...

and probably the BIGGEST thing-

*He claims he doesn't use camera tricks and that his audiences are real people. I discovered an error where it showed he did use camera tricks. In one of his tricks, he stands on a table, holds up a sheet, drops it, and he's gone. I know how this is done. There's a mirror in the middle of the table...you can vaguely see the outline of it in the video, and you can tell..I can explain it better later if you want. The main point-he uses camera tricks, because at the beginning of the shot, he told his "live audience" to examine the table and make sure nothing was there. Nothing was there when they did that. But then he clearly stopped the camera, put a mirror in the middle of the table, ran the camera again and did it, and paid those people to do all that. I was soooo disappointed when I saw that. It's fine if he does that, actually, its still a cool trick, and if he did it and admitted to it, I would be like ok thats fine. But he claims he doesn't use camera tricks and his live audience is real...No, it's not, at least not for that trick, and if he does that for that trick, whats not to say he does it for all of his tricks?? I was really saddened...and now everytime I watch something of his I wonder "Is it real?"

So there ya have it. I'm not like...being mean or w/e toward Criss..I WANT someone to tell me some things that justify that stuff, because I like him and stuff. But I'm not a big fan(yet! lol. If someone can restore my faith in him) so I thought maybe someone who was a big fan would know something, or know like something I don't know that he's said in interveiws and what not..and I don't know..It's just been bothering me. lol. So...have at it. So if there are any big fans on this forum who know, Please restore my faith in Criss! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:53 pm 
Penguin

Location: Hattiesburg, MS or Provo, UT Depending on the season.
Can't really justify any of that. Of course one some things I agree with Criss and some things I don't. He's doing what he wants and you have to make you're own decision on him. I think he's a great magician who's egotistical and narcissistic, but a lot of magicians are, he just happens to have a camera to prove it. What you presented were facts so make your own decision.

Also, this forum isn't the nicest to Criss, so you might not get what you're looking for here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:55 pm 
Penguin

Nigromante wrote:
Can't really justify any of that. Of course one some things I agree with Criss and some things I don't. He's doing what he wants and you have to make you're own decision on him. I think he's a great magician who's egotistical and narcissistic, but a lot of magicians are, he just happens to have a camera to prove it. What you presented were facts so make your own decision.

Also, this forum isn't the nicest to Criss, so you might not get what you're looking for here.

lol. Well I tried looking for Criss Angel fan forums, but I couldnt really find any..all I found was this. XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:28 pm 
Penguin

Wow you guys are mean to Criss!!

Hate to say it...

but it made my day in the "Criss angel is hot" thread." XD

Lots of haters on here. lol.

I dont know what I am...O.O

All I know so far is that I think he's hot and since watching his show I'm kinda upset at him but I'm getting into magic now...even though all the tricks I've tried so far I sucked at. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:43 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I sincerely hope you are a woman. But no, there aren't very many things that Criss Angel has done that can be justified. The whole Jim Callahan... I won't even get started on it. What he did was rude, uncalled for (especially calling out Uri), a direct violation of the magician's code, and what did it show us magicians? That he's an egotistical jerk that can't stand it when the spotlight's on somebody else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:19 am 
Emperor Penguin

Personally, if you want to get into magic, and have someone to look up to, don't look up to Criss. You've pointed out quite a few reasons not to. Once you start getting more serious about magic, and find the type that you want to perform, you will find many great magicians. Who are decent people, very helpful, and are nice people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:08 pm 
Penguin

Quote:
What he did was rude, uncalled for (especially calling out Uri)

Hate to change subject, but Uri is not a magician. He's a fraud who says what he does is real, so he's in a place to be called out. However what Criss did towards Jim was rude and uncalled for, so I agree there, but please don't try to defend Uri, he's worse than Criss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:45 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Nigromante wrote:
Quote:

Hate to change subject, but Uri is not a magician. He's a fraud who says what he does is real, so he's in a place to be called out. However what Criss did towards Jim was rude and uncalled for, so I agree there, but please don't try to defend Uri, he's worse than Criss.

Him calling out Uri being rude has nothing to do with Uri being a magician. Uri was the creator of the show, and it was probably by his invitation that Criss ended up on the show. So Criss needs to get his head out of his [edited] and stop being so self-centered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:46 pm 
born to perform.

adjones wrote:
Nigromante wrote:
Quote:

Him calling out Uri being rude has nothing to do with Uri being a magician. Uri was the creator of the show, and it was probably by his invitation that Criss ended up on the show. So Criss needs to get his head out of his [edited] and stop being so self-centered.

Agreed. It's Uri's show. He let Criss on the show. He's was very disrespectful to call out Uri on HIS show that HE created. The guy is a jerk.

As for Uri, I don't aree with what he's doing, but he's not doing as bad as other people that claim to have powers. He doesn't take peoples money for a fake mind reading. He provides entertainment like a magician. I definately don't support what he claims to have, but it's not as bad as others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:20 am 
Penguin

I have to admit I didn't think of it that way, and yeah it was Uri's show and as such he deserves respect from his invited guest, so I was wrong and it was rude, however Uri might not currently be taking money but through out the 70's and 80's he did. He took lots of money for the powers he claimed to have. Hence why Randi was such a opponent of his, because he was defrauding money from people. However I'll still admit I was wrong and that Criss shouldnt' have called Uri out, regardless of how much of a fraud he is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:00 am 

There are so many other threads that state Crissy's incompetence as a magician and show that he's an egotistical spoiled ideological bigot!

Two things I really need to point out though. Crissy's series is Mindfreak, not Phenomenon. iheartu34 - you stated you recently purchased the DVD series. How could you mistake Mindfreak for Phenomenon?

I find it strange that you could not find any Crissy Angel fan sites! He has a huge following on MySpace and of course on his own website. Reading the mindless, butt kissing drivel from his prepubescent fanbase is nauseating…

Post subject: Re: Justifying Criss Angel...?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:57 am 
Penguin

iheartu34 wrote:
This is long-but please take the time to read it and maybe respond. This is really bothering me.

ok..I might seem like a freak...I just recently purchased Criss Angel's series Phenomenon on DVD, and I've watched all of them already and I'm like a fan now..and I'm becoming a BIG fan..because Criss Angel is hot(lol! :P) and he seems like a nice guy....sometimes. I was hoping someone could like justify him because I really like him but I've noticed..he sometimes seems like a big jerk...I thought maybe a major fan, if there's anyone on here, could perhaps justify some stuff...I know..I must sound so weird right now. It's just been bugging me and I want him to be like nice but what I've seen..well, anyways. So here's the things that have bothered me. Anyone wanna rebuttal against it?

*In one episode, he claims "I don't do anything for self gain, I never do a trick for self gain", and yet we all know he gets paid, and in one stunt I heard him say "I want more money". Yeah, it's fine he gets money but I don't think he should say he doesn't do it for gain...

*He seems to be REALLY vain. In one stunt, he hypnotized kids to pick up a car, and then when they did it he was like "Yeah! I'm awesome! Yeah!!" Seems vain to me. Plus he's always saying "No one has ever done what I've done, I'm the king of magic". Perhaps, but you don't need to...say that and stuff. and then in a tribute to Houdini he was like "I just upped you Houdini!" Thats not a very nice thing to say at a tribute..Plus he's constantly showing off it seems like.

That can all be opinionated stuff-then there's the facts.

*He just broke up with his wife, and then he's seen with all these girls who are alot younger then him all over them, like Paris Hilton and Britney Spears. Thats his business I guess, but then I read about many people being upset because he seems to be using Britney for publicity. As some people said, "He came with Britney, and when the cameras were gone he paid no attention to her and blew her off. The second the paparazzi started to take pics, he jumped back in and was in every single photo." That seems pretty wrong...

*The whole Jim Callahan thing. That was pretty awesome. lol. I liked how he did that, I get what he's saying about how he was fake, I thought Jim was pretty ridiculous too. But then in an interview they had later where he revealed what was in the envelope, he talked about 911 and saying how no one could tell the future and he was out there to expose the fraud who do that and fool people. Um...In TONS of his episodes, he predicts the future...hypocritical much? hes doing the same thing hes talking about...
and probably the BIGGEST thing-

*He claims he doesn't use camera tricks and that his audiences are real people. I discovered an error where it showed he did use camera tricks. In one of his tricks, he stands on a table, holds up a sheet, drops it, and he's gone. I know how this is done. There's a mirror in the middle of the table...you can vaguely see the outline of it in the video, and you can tell..I can explain it better later if you want. The main point-he uses camera tricks, because at the beginning of the shot, he told his "live audience" to examine the table and make sure nothing was there. Nothing was there when they did that. But then he clearly stopped the camera, put a mirror in the middle of the table, ran the camera again and did it, and paid those people to do all that. I was soooo disappointed when I saw that. It's fine if he does that, actually, its still a cool trick, and if he did it and admitted to it, I would be like ok thats fine. But he claims he doesn't use camera tricks and his live audience is real...No, it's not, at least not for that trick, and if he does that for that trick, whats not to say he does it for all of his tricks?? I was really saddened...and now everytime I watch something of his I wonder "Is it real?"

So there ya have it. I'm not like...being mean or w/e toward Criss..I WANT someone to tell me some things that justify that stuff, because I like him and stuff. But I'm not a big fan(yet! lol. If someone can restore my faith in him) so I thought maybe someone who was a big fan would know something, or know like something I don't know that he's said in interveiws and what not..and I don't know..It's just been bothering me. lol. So...have at it. So if there are any big fans on this forum who know, Please restore my faith in Criss! lol

Theres nothing wrong with a prediction, there is something wrong with telling your audience you have supernatural powers instead of it being entertainment, and to my knowledge criss didn't do that.

Criss still is pretty annoying though, it's much more entertaining to watch anybody else.

Garrett

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:14 pm 
Penguin

iheartu34 wrote:
I'm like a fan now..and I'm becoming a BIG fan..because Criss Angel is hot(lol! :P)

How typical...

I guess this means that if he was ugly, you'd just call him an a--hole and be done with it, but because of his looks, you want to make it okay for him to be one.

Why do you feel the need to do this? Just be honest and call him a hot a--hole.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:31 pm 
Emperor Penguin

iheartu34 wrote:
because Criss Angel is hot(

HAHAHAHA!!!!! Ummm yeah...sounds like you have VERY low standards. Any typical bar should do for you. Nice try too by the way, you are not fooling anybody, at least not me. You are just some little boy trying to rile people up. It was humorous though, but after your comment about Jim, and saying Criss was a nice guy; I am afraid you blew it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:10 pm 
Penguin

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seriously, this is a guy acting like a girl? :lol:
If it is, then dude I respect Criss too. Big fan. Lots of people don't like that but I don't care, i'm a leader not a follower. I like Criss but I would never ever act like a chick and say he's hot. [pukes all over floor]