View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:19 pm 
Emperor Penguin

iwantgoodmagic wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seriously, this is a guy acting like a girl? :lol:
If it is, then dude I respect Criss too. Big fan. Lots of people don't like that but I don't care, i'm a leader not a follower. I like Criss but I would never ever act like a chick and say he's hot. [pukes all over floor] Don't be a fa g!
It's a girl. It's not that hard to figure it out. You're comment was ignorant and rude; it should never have been stated. So maybe before you state something so ignorant, you should think a little before hand. Just advice for the next time you decide to spout off such rude comments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:55 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Actually more "followers" like Criss than leaders. Anyone who has ever even remotely excelled in the art knows he is a hack, and all wind. However he does seem to appeal to laymen, mostly because they are not educated and easily entertained, and have a very low standard as to what constitutes quality entertainment. At least his followers are...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:38 pm 
Penguin

fallingblood wrote:
iwantgoodmagic wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seriously, this is a guy acting like a girl? :lol:
If it is, then dude I respect Criss too. Big fan. Lots of people don't like that but I don't care, i'm a leader not a follower. I like Criss but I would never ever act like a chick and say he's hot. [pukes all over floor] Don't be a fa g!
It's a girl. It's not that hard to figure it out. You're comment was ignorant and rude; it should never have been stated. So maybe before you state something so ignorant, you should think a little before hand. Just advice for the next time you decide to spout off such rude comments.

Acutually it is hard to figure out when someone actually says "This is a guy" making you think it is. Any guy who pretends he is a girl seems kinda Edited to me. So why don't YOU think before saying something so ignorant. Think "maybe this guy actually thinks this is a guy" Instead of thinking everyone thinks like you, cause they don't.

I'm a leader meaning I pick who I like and who I don't like. I don't give in to peer presure. I'm not the kind of guy to go, " I like Criss Angel." OTHER GUY:I hate Criss Angel. ME:I hate Criss Angel too.
It's my choice, not theirs.

Post subject: Re: Justifying Criss Angel...?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:41 pm 
Penguin

sirbrad wrote:
iheartu34 wrote:
because Criss Angel is hot(

HAHAHAHA!!!!! Ummm yeah...sounds like you have VERY low standards. Any typical bar should do for you. Nice try too by the way, you are not fooling anybody, at least not me. You are just some little boy trying to rile people up. It was humorous though, but after your comment about Jim, and saying Criss was a nice guy; I am afraid you blew it.

You see this falling blood?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:44 pm 
Emperor Penguin

iwantgoodmagic wrote:
Acutually it is hard to figure out when someone actually says "This is a guy" making you think it is. Any guy who pretends he is a girl seems kinda Edited to me. So why don't YOU think before saying something so ignorant. Think "maybe this guy actually thinks this is a guy" Instead of thinking everyone thinks like you, cause they don't.
It's common sense that this person is a girl. Or, if SirBrad is correct, a boy imitating a girl. Either way, the persona of this particular person is female. So let me sum that up for you, this person is meant to be female, as in she is meant to be a girl.

Now, maybe before you get back on this site, you should thing about investing in some English lessons. It would make a conversation with you a lot easier, and less complicated. It would also probably help you with logical thinking, which would have saved a lot of time, as you would have realized that this person was a girl, or at least someone impersonating a girl.

As for you saying that someone impersonating a girl on a internet forum is Edited; that goes back to the whole ignorant and rude comment. It doesn't need to be said, and simply holds no logic what so ever. If you read what Sirbrad stated, you would see the most likely reason for a little boy to come on a site and impersonate a girl is to simply rile people up. If the person was a guy pretending to be a girl, it signifies nothing homosexual. Instead, it would most likely show that the person was a troll, and simply wanted to upset people.
Quote:
I'm a leader meaning I pick who I like and who I don't like. I don't give in to peer presure. I'm not the kind of guy to go, " I like Criss Angel." OTHER GUY:I hate Criss Angel. ME:I hate Criss Angel too.
That really doesn't signify being a leader. It meas you think for yourself. There are more than just leaders and followers. To be a leader, you must lead. If you simply decide that you like Criss, that signifies nothing except that you like Criss. Again, I stress, to be a leader, you must be leading something or another. And by what you said, you don't seem to qualify in that sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:54 am 
Penguin

I respect Blaine and Angel as skilled magicians, but I dislike their performances. I look more to magicians such as Copperfield, who have so much showmanship its just ridiculous. Personally, I like to make my audience laugh as much as I like to make their jaws drop. Also, I don't like the use of camera tricks and non-legit spectators on TV shows. I mean, outside of how wrong it seems to me, most spectators will attribute everything to a camera trick. And if a spectator "knows" how its done (even if he/she's wrong) then it's just as bad as them knowing how its really done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:49 pm 
Penguin

fallingblood wrote:
iwantgoodmagic wrote:
It's common sense that this person is a girl. Or, if SirBrad is correct, a boy imitating a girl. Either way, the persona of this particular person is female. So let me sum that up for you, this person is meant to be female, as in she is meant to be a girl.

Now, maybe before you get back on this site, you should thing about investing in some English lessons. It would make a conversation with you a lot easier, and less complicated. It would also probably help you with logical thinking, which would have saved a lot of time, as you would have realized that this person was a girl, or at least someone impersonating a girl.

As for you saying that someone impersonating a girl on a internet forum is Edited; that goes back to the whole ignorant and rude comment. It doesn't need to be said, and simply holds no logic what so ever. If you read what Sirbrad stated, you would see the most likely reason for a little boy to come on a site and impersonate a girl is to simply rile people up. If the person was a guy pretending to be a girl, it signifies nothing homosexual. Instead, it would most likely show that the person was a troll, and simply wanted to upset people.
Quote:
That really doesn't signify being a leader. It meas you think for yourself. There are more than just leaders and followers. To be a leader, you must lead. If you simply decide that you like Criss, that signifies nothing except that you like Criss. Again, I stress, to be a leader, you must be leading something or another. And by what you said, you don't seem to qualify in that sense.

I see waht your saying man, sorry. :cry: :oops:
My bad FallingBlood.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:08 pm 
Emperor Penguin

You honestly believe that some girl is going to come on this forum simply to say that Criss is hot? Highly unlikely. Girls do not go searching out magic forums for the most part, especially young ones...they are far too busy doing other things and posting on other forums to do so. If anything they would be on Criss' site, and I doubt many would even go that far. This is just some little boy trying to tick off a bunch of other little boys.

Post subject: Re: Justifying Criss Angel...?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:39 am 
Penguin

iheartu34 wrote:
Criss Angel is hot(lol! :P)

Hmmm ... perhaps the 'hot' comment was from the 'walking around on fire' thing he did?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:02 pm 
Emperor Penguin

sirbrad wrote:
You honestly believe that some girl is going to come on this forum simply to say that Criss is hot? Highly unlikely. Girls do not go searching out magic forums for the most part, especially young ones...they are far too busy doing other things and posting on other forums to do so. If anything they would be on Criss' site, and I doubt many would even go that far. This is just some little boy trying to tick off a bunch of other little boys.
With the way that children act anymore, it really isn't too much of a stretch to think that some girl would go onto a forum to state what she had. I mean, just look at all of the junk on the variety of internet blogs anymore. Or even the meaningless posts we've gotten on this forum. The mentality of children seems to be constantly sinking as time goes on. It's just lucky that some children still have a little motivation to do something better with their lives.

So, I do agree that it is possible that it was just some little boy trying to make trouble who posted all of this, but I wouldn't go as far as to say that it couldn't have been a young girl who did it as well. They way some young females act makes it completely possible for the person posting to be one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:53 pm 
born to perform.

fallingblood wrote:
sirbrad wrote:
With the way that children act anymore, it really isn't too much of a stretch to think that some girl would go onto a forum to state what she had. I mean, just look at all of the junk on the variety of internet blogs anymore. Or even the meaningless posts we've gotten on this forum. The mentality of children seems to be constantly sinking as time goes on. It's just lucky that some children still have a little motivation to do something better with their lives.

So, I do agree that it is possible that it was just some little boy trying to make trouble who posted all of this, but I wouldn't go as far as to say that it couldn't have been a young girl who did it as well. They way some young females act makes it completely possible for the person posting to be one.

I think that she should be encouraged to follow her desires and study magic. I would take her at her word, and not assume anything.

Criss Angel may or may not be hot. He does have that Goth thing going for him, that many females find fascinating. But some people are of the opinion that he is also a good magician. Lance Burton is hot... and a good magician, even David Copperfield is hot, and a good magician.

Putting aside the idea of Criss' Hotness..( I happen to disagree), I do not find him a good magician. First he violated our code by exposing... deliberately.

Secondly, he claims that he actually has powers, and that it is not just entertainment. Which i find unethical.

Whether he is arrogant or not the question is, is the arrogance deserved? If Juan Tamariz or Daryl were arrogant, i might not like it, but i would understand it...they are Like Uber Skilled man... Ok Geek speak off.

Do you know I have read some people saying that Criss Angel won the Magician of the Year award 5 years running? Is this so? Also they say he was and i quote" The best magician ever." So this means better than Dai Vernon, Better than Harry Kellar, better than Howard Thurston... Chung Ling Soo, ... Daryl...Tamariz... Pepe Carrol, Giobbi...etc... and the guy from what i have heard, cannot do a double undercut, without having the camera pan off , because he sucks so bad...

Is it true he uses a stunt sleight-of-hand double?

Sorry, but Criss does not have the skills to back up any of his arrogance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:49 am 
Emperor Penguin

Criss is all about Criss, and not this art. He violates the Magician's Code of Ethics, it hurts us all.

His ego is huge, and has gone out of his way to 1-up the likes of Copperfield and Blaine, he has countless times stressed effects or stunts he has done has never been accomplished before. The majority of that is just lies.

Easily verifiable ones at that.

Criss has done nothing for this art but hurt it.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:43 am 
Penguin

Hi all, I am new to this forum so this is my first post. Well, you can see it by the nickname I use, that I'm a Loyal of Criss Angel- that's the reason I feel the need to post the following now, but not the reason I came to this forum. Just to make clear nobody thinks I just joined the community to defend Criss... But of course I read the posts about him. I'm just one of those people who got interested in learning magic because of him, I'm not even performing for my friends yet, but practicing a lot. There are 2 things I wanted to reply to:

sirbrad wrote:
Girls do not go searching out magic forums for the most part, especially young ones...they are far too busy doing other things and posting on other forums to do so.

I am a 23-year-old girl from Germany. (Just mentioned my nationality to explain I don't speak perfect english, so please don't bash me for spelling or grammar mistakes, I've already seen that here.) It's true that magic is still a male dominated business, but I hope to be one of those who will change this! :)

clarissa35f wrote:
Secondly, he claims that he actually has powers, and that it is not just entertainment. Which i find unethical.

Could you please tell me where you ever heard Criss Angel claim something like this? He may create the illusion of those powers in some of his Mindfreak episodes, but when asked in interviews he always says that he has no supernatural powers and doesn't even believe that the supernatural even exists. And for once, here's a quote from his book "Mindfreak: Secret Revelations":

"I'm trying to create an experience that could be perceived as supernatural, unexplainable, otherworldly. I'm going to let you in on a little secret. They're not."

I'm definitely not going to reply on every hatred comment against Criss Angel I read anywhere- I'm not that kind of girl, it makes no sense. I won't post things like "He's hot" just to annoy other people, that's so silly. I have my opinion, others think different, so why should I argue about that? But I will react when I read a lie like this mentioned above! You can say about him whatever you want, but PLEASE don't lie, ok? :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:11 am 
born to perform.

Thanks for the heads-up that you're from Germany, but your English looks fine to me! It's better than most people here from America.

My only problem with Criss is that he called out Jim Callahan on Phenomenon, who stated that his act was entertainment. None of the other performers went out of their way to say this, but Criss called out Jim. This was also recently after Criss had a seance on his show, and the only "disclaimer" he had was a 2 second bit after his show. You'd think that if he hates performers claiming the supernatural, he'd go out of his way to make sure everyone knew it was a trick. Plus, his disclaimer didn't work, because people left numerous comments on his MySpace that said that they believe in the supernatural, think they are psychic, and loved his episode because of that reason.

I don't hate him, I've never met him. I just think he lacks a lot of skills in both sleight of hand and presentation. It just doesn't do it for me.

-JT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:57 pm 

I had decided some time ago to quit wasting my time and energy on Criss Angel and focus on my own art instead. Its pointless to argue for or against him. Better to use him as inspiration to excel at your craft.

LoyalAnanya Servus! Willkommen zum Penguin Forum.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next