View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Ok Chris Angel Anyone Else Not A fan
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:06 am 
Penguin

I read alot of posts about how Chris is the best in his field, and i gotta say i'm about up to here and buy that i mean the top of my head of hearing about how he is revaluationising magic today. So comon you mean just because he has a rock star image means he won 2007 magician of the year award!?? Or lets think about that, he is the only one getting the exposer with TV so that made him the best!?? I don't think so, that is only my opinion! So if lets say Jay Sankey put on some leather pants and grew his hair long? oops well you know what i mean, he would have been in contention to win the award? Now i know it sounds like im bashing Chris a little but comon his magic is so well, bad! Some of his effects are cool but face it he pays his audience on some of his tricks and on his levitations he either gets stand ins or tells the audience this is how it looks with a wire and then cuts and edits the tape he shows to make it seem as if this is how he levitates! 2 words LAME A**!! Sorry but just had to get this off my chest, there are much much better magicians out there and Chris is getting more credit than he deserves! Im open to comments but keep in mind i dont like the bashing its so childish unless your Chris Angel himself responding then bash away at me all you want but anyone else lets keep it civilized if you know something i don't about Chris plz share
:twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:08 am 
Emperor Penguin

I don't want to get a lot into this subject, but after Criss' little stunt on Phenomenon, I lost what little respect I had for him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:09 am 

Please please please - if you want to rant, do it coherently and really pay attention to the grammar and spelling and paragraph construction so I can read what you have to say.

I don’t especially like Crissy either, so I want to read your thoughts, but it’s a difficult to say the least.

I have mentioned this little tidbit before. Crissy’s image was removed from the Wall of Fame at the Magic Castle and moved behind a telephone booth near the main theater. It was then moved again to the basement on a vacant wall. I was there New Year’s Eve and it’s gone now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:05 am 
Penguin

I agree with the poster above. I wanted to read your thoughts about Criss Angel but your rant was impossible to read. Terrible spelling and grammar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:00 pm 
Penguin

Quote:
I have mentioned this little tidbit before. Crissy’s image was removed from the Wall of Fame at the Magic Castle and moved behind a telephone booth near the main theater. It was then moved again to the basement on a vacant wall. I was there New Year’s Eve and it’s gone now.

wait... is the picture gone from the basement or gone from magic castle compleatly?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:38 pm 

bfan123 wrote:
Quote:

wait... is the picture gone from the basement or gone from magic castle compleatly?

I was at the Magic Castle for a Christmas Party. That is when I noticed his poster had gone from the Palace of Mystery waiting area, to the Inner Circle area next to the W.C. Fields bar.

I was at the Magic Castle for the New Years Party and I noticed the poster was completely gone.

I was chatting with Milt Larson, but I did not ask him who is in charge of hanging art. I noticed Cyril's portrait on the Wall of Fame now right next to Cary Grant.

There is basically this wall between the dining room and the Palace of Mystery where there are loads and loads of portraits and magic posters on the walls. Crissy Angel used to be there.

That's one thing that is fun about the Castle. Things change there all the time, so there is always something new to discover.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:16 pm 

George, I'm planning on being out there in February. We'll have to meet up.

As for Criss, he also wasn't mentioned on the magic award show a while back, from what I've heard. Luke Jermay also left his adviser role because he didn't like what the show was becoming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:57 pm 
born to perform.

adjones wrote:
I don't want to get a lot into this subject, but after Criss' little stunt on Phenomenon, I lost what little respect I had for him.

Same here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:01 pm 
born to perform.

exodus wrote:
Luke Jermay also left his adviser role because he didn't like what the show was becoming.
If this is true, I gained a lot more respect for Luke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:44 pm 
born to perform.

adjones wrote:

what was his little stunt on Phenomenon?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:11 pm 

You missed it? You don't know how lucky you are. I wish I had missed it.

Anyway, you can read all about it in this thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:00 pm 
Penguin

Phenomenon thing, fake. Just sayin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:51 pm 

[quote="exodus"]George, I'm planning on being out there in February. We'll have to meet up.[quote]
I will still be recuperating from my shoulder surgery, but meeting for drinks and appetizers at the Inner Circle would be grand! Let me know the dates and I’ll mark my calendar.