View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: blaine's new stunt
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm 
Penguin

he's going to try to stay awake for 11 or 12 days...

http://perezhilton.com/?p=10123#respond

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:54 pm 
born to perform.

I hear that this guy USED to be a magician.

Sean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:32 pm 
Penguin

Ma foi, this man was a magician, indeed, and likewise he still is one. Ah, tis a humble life he prefers, I am sure, and after his water failure perhaps he has remained "underground", if one will. But body-stunts, death-defying deeds of dastardly devised and dumb dangers, are the key to controling just how the populace is pleased. Angel, Blaine, and Copperfield all used such stratagems, my dear "sean_mh". And so, on that note, I will remind you, that this man who USED to be a magician (pardon me, if I misunderstand, but it seems as if you say he no longer is) has achieved more reputation and infamy than either you, Sean, or I, Susto.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:15 pm 
Penguin

http://www.oddee.com/item_91848.aspx

How is gonna beat the chinese guy (#7) who can stay awake for months?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:50 pm 
Penguin

It is, my friend, quite simple. He won't. But eleven days? I don't see, to be frank, how cheating his way out of this stunt is possible. This is, though it may not seem so as of now, his most dangerous stunt yet, in terms of long-term brain damage. And lots of coffee. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:34 am 
Penguin

Ok, so is there gonna be someone who changes shifts to watch him? 11 days is redonkulous. I'm gonna try and talk him out of this, but it will probably be futile to say the least. If he says he's going to do something, ya darn well sure it's gonna be on television. What I want to know is: What happened to the Strebler Vs. Criss stunt? Criss probably said edited no if I know him. Morgan needs to get in with Dave, and then we'll see a real stunt beings he wants to do a stunt. Call out to Morgan: This is where it's at, leave CA alone cause we know you won't own up when talking about real shI7. Give DB a challenge and you might get the respect you deserve. When talkin' 'bout stunts, this guy is a madman. Spect ||n/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:58 am 
born to perform.

Oh, I know I will never be famous. I'm fine with that. I quite enjoyed his original magic specials because I like the close up setting (street or otherwise) - he is, of course, quite good! I'm just disappointed that he's ditched most of that to concentrate on stunts, which, in my non-famous opinion, are not magic. Endurance stunts have been around for a long time (Ripley's, Guinness Book etc) and I don't think the majority of them have been done by what any of us would call magicians.

Sean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:25 pm 
Penguin

Location: Hattiesburg, MS or Provo, UT Depending on the season.
We must remember though that the most famous magician of them all wasn't a magician he was an escape artist. Harry Houdini, shunned the name magician, but never the less made magic big, in the same way David Blaine is doing that with these stunts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:33 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Sounds cool, but horribly boring to me. Is there anyone that would actually want to watch this? Didn't think so... I would much prefer it if he came out with the news that he was doing another magic special... I liked watching those, and they were what originally got me into magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:43 pm 
Penguin

Ahh, but alas, my fellow illusionist, there is indeed a thrill in this stunt. The part we, as the viewer, anticipate, is not watching the thing commence, for it is less intriging than Vertigo or Frozen in Time. Blaine's stunts are great symphonies of the bold and daring, if you will. The thrill we all get is what the result will be, and when it shall end. As for his magic in terms of sleight-of-hand, his specials are bound to show some magic, if not the jist of the feature including feats of card and mind. No sane man (or magician) would dream of watching a lethargic illustionist sit in a chair... :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:23 am 
Penguin

Any hard core gamer with 3 cases of BAWLS, pizza, counterstrike, and halo can stay awake for 11 days….
I wish he would do things that were impressive……

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:10 am 
born to perform.

Location: President of Cool People Clique-now accepting applications
SUSTO wrote:
Ahh, but alas, my fellow illusionist, there is indeed a thrill in this stunt. The part we, as the viewer, anticipate, is not watching the thing commence, for it is less intriging than Vertigo or Frozen in Time. Blaine's stunts are great symphonies of the bold and daring, if you will. The thrill we all get is what the result will be, and when it shall end. As for his magic in terms of sleight-of-hand, his specials are bound to show some magic, if not the jist of the feature including feats of card and mind. No sane man (or magician) would dream of watching a lethargic illustionist sit in a chair... :twisted:

You use interesting grammar and punctuation. :lol:

-Rob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:11 pm 
born to perform.

Nigromante wrote:
We must remember though that the most famous magician of them all wasn't a magician he was an escape artist. Harry Houdini, shunned the name magician, but never the less made magic big, in the same way David Blaine is doing that with these stunts.

I get so sick of hearing that. Houdini was a talented MAGICIAN and not just an escape artist. He became famous and synonymous with escapes because he performed then more and more often because thats what his audiences back then enjoyed, like they like levitations right now. Houdini was talented with card manipulation, and performed (and maybe invented too? I can't remember) a needle tying effect very well. He was also a good mentalist because he performed spiritualist effects good enough to where lots of people that believed that type of thing swore Houdini was the real deal but only claimed it was fake for whatever reason.

So no, I'm sorry but Houdini was not just an escape artist. Escape artists are boring, just like stuntmen, and barely get famous if they ever do. Beleive it or not, when Houdini performed his shows, he did do magic! I get so tired of hearing that myth that Houdini was only an escape artist mainly and that was the only thing he was good at doing really because its just not true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:17 pm 
Penguin

Location: Hattiesburg, MS or Provo, UT Depending on the season.
I didn't say he was JUST an escape artist, but that was his specialty. He was a magician an excellent one at that. However, he hated the title. He did not want to be called a magician. I know he did both, but he preferred one. Again, I know he was a great magician, but the Man himself preferred not to be called that.

Post subject: Re: blaine's new stunt
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:26 am 
Emperor Penguin

plasticfood000 wrote:
he's going to try to stay awake for 11 or 12 days...

http://perezhilton.com/?p=10123#respond

Big deal, I do that all the time on a daily basis. It is called being a professional performer/entrepreneur. I believe Bravesaint also stays up this long frequently. :) I just wish this idiot would go back to doing magic, I am so sick of his stunts.