View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:41 pm 
born to perform.

MichalAngelo wrote:
Let me tell you something. As one who has done so much research on and have knowledge of Houdini that I could now be a relative, I can say, without a doubt, that IF Houdini came back and was reincarnated into Criss Angel, he would've committed suicide soon after birth. The ONLY thing that Houdini and Angel have in common is the fact that they both have HUGE egos and think that no one is better than them. Both of them were (and in Angel's case, still is) a pompous A$$.

Yeah I agree. Houdini would have considered coming back as Angel a practice attempt that he messed up, kill himself, and try again lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:01 pm 
born to perform.

adjones wrote:
eadanow wrote:
ayli wrote:
OMG! He shaved that beaver off his face!

Yeah! Really! Why did he let that thing grow anyways?

He was too "busy" practicing his close-up skills. No joke, that's what he told "reporters". :lol:

he was busy learning more tricks with Final Cut Pro

this is like way boring!!!

oh my God 100th episode, and he's doing something he already did!

...I love how he says "attempt"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:08 am 
born to perform.

Mentalism Newsflash: the beavers of lake mead violently attacked Angel today as he attempted to walk onto their territory, hopefully the beavers will survive this traumatic event :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:22 pm 
born to perform.

Well this is one big bashing thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:28 pm 
born to perform.

When Angel does something WORTH making positive comments on, those comments will be made. But in the meantime, he's a hack that has all but cmpletely lost respect in the magic community. Even the Magic Castle frowns on him now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:40 pm 
Penguin

MichalAngelo wrote:
When Angel does something WORTH making positive comments on, those comments will be made.

So you think the walk on the lake was not worth it? I didn't reply to all the bashing in this thread because it's a waste of time... But I want to let you know that the walk on the lake was one of the best illusions I've ever seen in my life! (I don't get A&E, but watched the scene on youtube.) It doesn't matter that he did it before on a pool. This one was far bigger, it looked awesome. It was magical to watch, and nobody has ever done it before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:26 pm 
born to perform.

Ah...the magic of Television. He's still a hack. I know you're a loyal, and all...but you might think differently if you KNEW what he REALLY thought about the LOYALS. I've heard it from his own mouth. He's a pompous @$$ who can't breathe unless unless someone his stroking his ego and telling him how great he is. He can't stand for anyone else to get more attention than him, and does everything he can to make sure the people "below" him stay there. He's a legend in his on freaky mind, and everyone (yes, I can speak for everyone) in the magic community agrees that he can go crawl back under the rock he came from.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:46 pm 
Penguin

Those are pretty cruel words, but it's not the first time I hear something like this. I already know that many magicians think like you do, but nevertheless you can't claim to speak for everyone in the magic community- nobody can. I could name at least 2 other magicians here in the penguin community who would be contrary to your last sentence, and you think you know the opinion of every single magician all over the world? :?
However, with the other things you said, I don't call you a liar, but facts are that I will probably never have the possibility to find out what's true and what's not when it comes to statements like this. They may be true or not, and even if they are I'd still have enough reasons to stay a Loyal. So, a long time ago I asked myself the question what I want to believe and what consequences each decision would have on my life. And I came to the conclusion that it doesn't harm me to believe in Criss. In contrast, it pushes me forward in many aspects of my life. There are so many things I will always be grateful for and that have to do with Criss' influence on my life, and that's what is most important for me. When you believe in something and this belief has a very positive influence on you, who cares if it's the truth or just a big illusion? And I just love what he does, his illusions, stunts and so on, and also his music. When I look up to an artist, primarily I look up to the art before I even start to care about the personality of the artist, and that was also the case when I became a Loyal. There are Loyals who want to make a saint out of him, I just accept him as a man with strengths and weaknesses, with skills and faults like everybody else. Without his huge ego, he wouldn't be the performer he is. For me he's somebody special, for others not- doesn't make sense to argue about personal opinions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:32 pm 
born to perform.

LoyalAnanya wrote:
Those are pretty cruel words, but it's not the first time I hear something like this. I already know that many magicians think like you do, but nevertheless you can't claim to speak for everyone in the magic community- nobody can. I could name at least 2 other magicians here in the penguin community who would be contrary to your last sentence, and you think you know the opinion of every single magician all over the world? :?
However, with the other things you said, I don't call you a liar, but facts are that I will probably never have the possibility to find out what's true and what's not when it comes to statements like this. They may be true or not, and even if they are I'd still have enough reasons to stay a Loyal. So, a long time ago I asked myself the question what I want to believe and what consequences each decision would have on my life. And I came to the conclusion that it doesn't harm me to believe in Criss. In contrast, it pushes me forward in many aspects of my life. There are so many things I will always be grateful for and that have to do with Criss' influence on my life, and that's what is most important for me. When you believe in something and this belief has a very positive influence on you, who cares if it's the truth or just a big illusion? And I just love what he does, his illusions, stunts and so on, and also his music. When I look up to an artist, primarily I look up to the art before I even start to care about the personality of the artist, and that was also the case when I became a Loyal. There are Loyals who want to make a saint out of him, I just accept him as a man with strengths and weaknesses, with skills and faults like everybody else. Without his huge ego, he wouldn't be the performer he is. For me he's somebody special, for others not- doesn't make sense to argue about personal opinions.

I think that is kind of judging things at face value, and then seeing through those eyes the person you want to see on the inside.

Juliegel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:38 pm 
Penguin

Juliegel, that sounds right but it doesn't matter when I will never have the possibility to know the truth. I think I already explained why I see things like I do. But when you, for example, see a painted picture anywhere and you like it, would you make up your decision about admiring or even buying it or not by the personality of the artist? That's what I wanted to say with the sentence you accented in my quote.
Edit: Always you first see the art, and if you really like it, then you research about the artist as a person, don't you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:18 pm 
born to perform.

To each their own. Of course, you are entitled to your opinion, just as I am. However, it is better to base your opinion on actual facts than some made up persona you create in your mind of how someone must be based on what you see on television.

For example, most of us in the U.S. grew up watching Mr. Rogers Neighborhood on television. That mild mannered, gentle man who loved kids and shared his love and imagination with the kids of America for over 30 years. We all know that to be his persona. Very few know that he was an ordained minister or that he was formerly a sniper in the military and had several kills, and that he was covered with tattoos. I'm not saying his tattoos or former career is a bad thing....My point is...From what you see on television, you would never know what his life was really like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:26 pm 
Penguin

Yeah and thats why I don't care about celebs personal lifes. I care about there perfomances as to whether there an actor actress singer magician whatever. Lots of people don't like Angel's looks or dressing style or whatever which has NOTHING to do with his magic performance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:46 pm 
Penguin

iwantgoodmagic wrote:
MichalAngelo wrote:
To each their own. Of course, you are entitled to your opinion, just as I am. However, it is better to base your opinion on actual facts than some made up persona you create in your mind of how someone must be based on what you see on television.

For example, most of us in the U.S. grew up watching Mr. Rogers Neighborhood on television. That mild mannered, gentle man who loved kids and shared his love and imagination with the kids of America for over 30 years. We all know that to be his persona. Very few know that he was an ordained minister or that he was formerly a sniper in the military and had several kills, and that he was covered with tattoos. I'm not saying his tattoos or former career is a bad thing....My point is...From what you see on television, you would never know what his life was really like.

Yeah and thats why I don't care about celebs personal lifes. I care about there perfomances as to whether there an actor actress singer magician whatever. Lots of people don't like Angel's looks or dressing style or whatever which has NOTHING to do with his magic performance.

That's exactly what I meant, thanks for pointing out what I tried to explain. I just seem to be unable to make it short! :wink:
Well when it comes to Criss, I do care- but not about his personal life, but about his influence on me and that's a positive one. And as an artist, he captivates me like no other.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:00 pm 
Penguin

Your Welcome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:56 pm 
born to perform.

LoyalAnanya wrote:
That's exactly what I meant, thanks for pointing out what I tried to explain. I just seem to be unable to make it short! :wink:
Well when it comes to Criss, I do care- but not about his personal life, but about his influence on me and that's a positive one. And as an artist, he captivates me like no other.

As I said, you're entitled to your own opinion. I'm glad you're captivated. I'm just sorry it's Angel who's done it. Just do us a favor and stay away from Sharon Tate's house. The older ones here will get that reference. :wink:

I hereby make a motion that from henceforth, Christopher Nicholas Sarantakos, a.k.a. Criss Angel, shall be called Voldemort. LOL. Actually, I like "He who shall not be named". I can take 20 showers in a row and still not get the taint of Criss Angel off me after watching or looking at him. :!:

Last edited by MichalAngelo on Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next