View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Is Criss Angel Houdini?
Criss Angel is Houdini. That explains why he talks so much about him 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Criss is not Houdini. Because I think he's not 91%  91%  [ 29 ]
Total votes : 32
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:23 pm 
born to perform.

the one you had before the one before this one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:52 pm 
Emperor Penguin

The fire? :) I have so many I am not sure which one you mean. But they will all be back in the rotation eventually. I think the 2 previous ones were the magic menu books. Just making new ones and testing them as of now. I did not know people would get attached to them. :lol: Frijid got me in the habit of changing them too much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:30 pm 
born to perform.

Comparing Criss to Houdini doesn't seem fair to me. At least Houdini came up with things on his own to make him edgy and new.

-JT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:45 pm 
Emperor Penguin

clarissa35f wrote:

By the way, how does your daughter like the bridge cards? :)

Yeah Criss is only imitating and trying to do what Houdini did. However Criss is never actually in any danger, Houdini was many times. But it would actually be smarter to sell it well and actually be safe.

Last edited by sirbrad on Wed May 28, 2008 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:33 pm 
born to perform.

sirbrad wrote:
clarissa35f wrote:

By the way, how does your daughter like the bridge cards? :)

Yeah Criss is only imitating and trying to do what Houdini did. However Criss is never actually in any danger, Houdinin was many times. But it would actually be smarter to sell it well and actually be safe.

What's funny about that is on mindfreak, Criss would always say that Houdini didn't put him self in danger but he does. There he his trying to put down Houdini and build himself up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:40 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Yeah that is what I said in older posts, it was the exact opposite. Although that would be a good "illusion" he is degrading the most famous magician/escape artist of all time. Either he is outright lying, or is just ignorant in regards to magic history. Probably both.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:19 pm 
born to perform.

DerZauberer wrote:
thecooltonto wrote:
Guyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........

Houdini about dis thread not be! Bein about houdini be cirs! Stay on the right subject lets do.

But da best houdini to be had cuz criss da best magic ever and chriss be houdini! From da dead come back he did! He was like "I'ze goin two death escape" and den he "MINDFREAK!!!!" he said!!

So dat makes kriss da best two houdni be da best two they the same cause!!!

Jesus-Tapping Dancing-Christ! English please or I delete the post. Reading that crap makes my eyes hurt...

Hey do you realize just how hard it is to write like that lol? Some people just don't appreciate art..... :cry: :wink:

But seriously I can't believe this thread made it past a page its so dumb. I mean the idea of one of the best magicians ever being reincarnated I suppose as Angel? :shock: :evil: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:30 pm 
Penguin

wow that is a very intersting idea. that really blew my mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:43 am 
Emperor Penguin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1KM8U--QUU

Here is a good video exposing Siss Angel for what he really is. A middle-aged man dressing a goth-boy indeed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:25 pm 
born to perform.

Talking like this making me angry you were

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:54 pm 
Penguin

sean_mh wrote:
If I had to come back from the dead as Criss Angel, I would rather stay dead.

Sean

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

truth in that statement sir!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:53 pm 
born to perform.

Interesting topic. As someone who is somewhat of an expert on Harry Houdini, I'll throw my 2 cents worth in here. Houdini was on the lower end of mediocrity as a magician. In fact, when he and Bess first started their act, they almost starved to death and had to live off of the rabbits. They also lived with Harry's mother (Cecilia) for a while. His act totally sucked. Harry accepted the fact that he could not make a living as a magician and began entertaining on the Vaudeville Circuit doing small escapes from cuffs and jackets. He was a GREAT showman. Within 10 years, he was making what would be, in todays money, $45,000 a WEEK. And he worked for EVERY penny of it.

Houdini's biggest fan was Houdini. He was so full of himself that he actually believed his own stories of invincibility. If any performer appeared to have more success than Harry, He'd steal their props, or heckle them at their shows and reveal their methods to the crowd. If someone attempted something mind-blowing, he'd boast that he could do it, too...and do it better. He even had a theater burned down to prevent a competitor from performing. His ego was the size of a small country. He was not to be outdone at anything and insisted on being the best at everything....Not just magic and escapes. He was so pissed that the Wright Brothers beat him at flying...When he heard that they were building a plane to fly, he put together a team, built a plane and was going to be the first in the air. He didn't make it. The Wright Brothers beat him to it. He was LIVID! He found out that no one had yet flown in Australia so he set off...Houdini became the first person to fly in Australia.

Sorry...Got a little off topic here. .....Anyway, Houdini and Criss Angel? They're apples and oranges...One can't even begin to compare the two. Houdini would kick Angels's @s$ all over the place.

Post subject: Re: Criss Angel is Houdini.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:59 pm 
born to perform.

Iwant2know wrote:
Hi, today we gonna explore why Harry Houdini (March 24, 1874 – October 31, 1926)...

And for the record, this was his actual birthday, however for some reason, he insisted that his birthday be celebrated on April 6th. Even his own mother observed this day as his birthday, as he wished. Strange.

Post subject: Re: Criss Angel is Houdini.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:38 pm 
Penguin

MichalAngelo wrote:
Iwant2know wrote:
Hi, today we gonna explore why Harry Houdini (March 24, 1874 – October 31, 1926)...

And for the record, this was his actual birthday, however for some reason, he insisted that his birthday be celebrated on April 6th. Even his own mother observed this day as his birthday, as he wished. Strange.

HAHAHAHA that would be so funny if criss's birthday was on april 6th. I dont think it is, but whatever criss is NOT houdini