View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:41 pm 
Penguin

I really want to know how to do the palm thing. That seems like something that would be for sale on penguin! lol
It was crazy though. I liked the walk on lake meade demonstration...edited I liked all of it. And I saw Banacheck! Thought he got fired. Anyways I think that him having the beard was him making a point. Everyone always says that he must spend hours on his hair to try and make it look good and he spends hours in the mirror to look good and I think that pissed Criss off so he grew a beard to look all scragly and stuff for a point. Because even at the end of the episode he said, "I don't give a f*ck what I look like, what I do five a f*ck about is doing demonstartions that touch you on an emotional level." Or something on the lines of that. That's just my opinion though. Anyone else notice that when it showed Criss with the beard he seemed kinda depressed. Maybe he's sick of people bashing him. Or like ive said before it coulda been his mid-life crisis.
But yeah I really want that palm thing. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:50 pm 
born to perform.

What are you talking about. his hair looks horrible all the time. Like he never washes it.

Juliegel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:55 pm 
Penguin

Dude thats just the style of his hair. I have long hair too and like to make it look wild. I like his hair. Liked it better when it was long like in season 1 though. His hair in season 1 looks like what my hair looks like now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:27 pm 
Emperor Penguin

iwantgoodmagic wrote:
His hair in season 1 looks like what my hair looks like now.

I'm sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:45 pm 
Penguin

Dont hate adjones. Just cuz I don't like having a hair style that always looks like I'm ready to go to a really fancy church. Or that looks like I'm a skinhead.
Just to add in that everywhere I go I get a compliment on my hair and never a negative remark. Which I don't see who would say anything negative about someone else unless there complete [edited] to caught up in thereselves to have any respect for anybody else. *cough cough* adjones

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:48 pm 
Emperor Penguin

iwantgoodmagic wrote:
Dont hate adjones. Just cuz I don't like having a hair style that always looks like I'm ready to go to a really fancy church. Or that looks like I'm a skinhead.
Just to add in that everywhere I go I get a compliment on my hair and never a negative remark. Which I don't see who would say anything negative about someone else unless there complete [edited] to caught up in thereselves to have any respect for anybody else. *cough cough* adjones

I never said I didn't have respect for anyone else. But if your hair looks like Criss', then it looks too long, dirty, and nasty. Sorry, that's just my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:55 pm 
Penguin

Well my hair is long. And Criss uses stuff to put in his hair to give it shine which is again just a style he likes and I like to cuz I do the same thing. And I was just sayin not to bash someone elses style. So what if I like to where tight pants slim rock shirts and shiny necklaces and have long hair...it's just my style that I like. I dressed and looked like I do before I even heard of Criss Angel. People respect me for me and don't tell me how to dress or how to have my hair. I'm me..and that's it. No one else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:36 pm 
born to perform.

I am sorry for what I said. It is now obvious that your hair does not look like you copied Criss, he copied you what with your tight pants. Hey do you also do what he seems to do a lot this season, you know kissing ever person he sees.

iwantgoodmagic wrote:
Well my hair is long. And Criss uses stuff to put in his hair to give it shine which is again just a style he likes and I like to cuz I do the same thing. And I was just sayin not to bash someone elses style. So what if I like to where tight pants slim rock shirts and shiny necklaces and have long hair...it's just my style that I like. I dressed and looked like I do before I even heard of Criss Angel. People respect me for me and don't tell me how to dress or how to have my hair. I'm me..and that's it. No one else.

That shine looks like grease to me and bacon does it the same.

Juliegel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:41 pm 
Penguin

juliegel wrote:
I am sorry for what I said. It is now obvious that your hair does not look like you copied Criss, he copied you what with your tight pants. Hey do you also do what he seems to do a lot this season, you know kissing ever person he sees.

iwantgoodmagic wrote:

That shine looks like grease to me and bacon does it the same.

Juliegel

I dont know if you were trying to be sarcastic or what but if you were, haha? I guess? But yeah okaaayy weirdo. I was just saying I dont copy Criss with his style. I have always liked my hair like this and thats that. And tight pants? Are you refering that Criss wears tight pants? Although I don't pay near that much attention to his clothing does he even wear tight pants? And I also would like to comment on how you said, "...something he has been doing a lot this season..." He's had ONE episode out for this season so far. So how can you say that? Plus he kissed one person was it? Or have you been stalking him and watching everything he does?

THAT IS THE STYLE HE LIKES!!!!! Was it supposed to be funny when you said it looked like bacon, tee hee tee hee bacon his hair resembles that of the grease on bacon I just have to point this out God i'm so histerical.
Plus i'm pretty sure that Criss isn't going, Wow I like my hair but I think juliegel doesn't..I better change it!! I know i'm not.
And to go back to your me copying Criss with his hair (if that was sarcasm you were using saying Criss copied me) a lot of people have long hair like this. What do you think Criss invented this hair style? I'm pretty sure you probably don't listen to rock but, the band We The Kings lead singer has hair like mine, along with tons of other rock bands! A lot of people have this hairstyle. I happen to be one of them it's just my style. You don't like it? Bite me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:57 pm 
born to perform.

iwantgoodmagic wrote:

You said you like tight pants.

And I was being sarcastic.

Ok Tight Pants?

Juliegel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:38 pm 
Penguin

Wow... Someone posts a serious comment about Criss' outlooks about what's important and what's not, and it turned into a general style discussion! :roll: :lol:

Just to add my 2 cents as a woman, I always liked men with wild long hair- many women do! I'm wondering if all the guys who feel the need to slag about Criss' (hair) style have ever thought about why so many women flock to him? 8)
Of course not only because of how he styles his hair, but I guess it's one of the many aspects. If you watch Criss Angel videos on youtube and scroll through the comments for a while, the most written comment you will find there is something like "He's so hot!"... And on the other side, there's the bashing. I agree to Iwantgoodmagic, I think Criss' wish is that people concentrate more on what he does, not on how he looks like, who he dates or whatever. I regularly scroll through the Loyal forums, and it made me sad when I saw that his beard and when he would shave again seemed to be more important for many fans than what illusion he would do next. As an artist, that's really a reason to get depressed!

I find it nothing but cheap to judge somebody only by how he/she looks. That's my general opinion, but by talking about Criss: I always loved him for the emotions he raised inside of me with his art. The illusions, the stunts, general magic tricks and also the music. He's the one who made me want to learn a magic trick for the first time ever, before I decided to seriously step into the art of magic. It's a minor matter that he looks beautiful in my eyes, I don't care if he wears a beard or decides to shave it all and wear a bald head one day! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:53 pm 
born to perform.

LoyalAnanya wrote:
Wow... Someone posts a serious comment about Criss' outlooks about what's important and what's not, and it turned into a general style discussion! :roll: :lol:

Just to add my 2 cents as a woman, I always liked men with wild long hair- many women do! I'm wondering if all the guys who feel the need to slag about Criss' (hair) style have ever thought about why so many women flock to him? 8)
Of course not only because of how he styles his hair, but I guess it's one of the many aspects. If you watch Criss Angel videos on youtube and scroll through the comments for a while, the most written comment you will find there is something like "He's so hot!"... And on the other side, there's the bashing. I agree to Iwantgoodmagic, I think Criss' wish is that people concentrate more on what he does, not on how he looks like, who he dates or whatever. I regularly scroll through the Loyal forums, and it made me sad when I saw that his beard and when he would shave again seemed to be more important for many fans than what illusion he would do next. As an artist, that's really a reason to get depressed!

I find it nothing but cheap to judge somebody only by how he/she looks. That's my general opinion, but by talking about Criss: I always loved him for the emotions he raised inside of me with his art. The illusions, the stunts, general magic tricks and also the music. He's the one who made me want to learn a magic trick for the first time ever, before I decided to seriously step into the art of magic. It's a minor matter that he looks beautiful in my eyes, I don't care if he wears a beard or decides to shave it all and wear a bald head one day! :wink:

Please, I could judge him on MANY other things besides his looks. I was keeping it tame though.

And a lot of chicks like money. Maybe not you, but a lot.

Juliegel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:10 pm 
Penguin

juliegel wrote:

Please, I could judge him on MANY other things besides his looks. I was keeping it tame though.

And a lot of chicks like money. Maybe not you, but a lot.

Juliegel

I didn't affect you, I was talking in general. But I don't understand why anybody feels the need to argue about style, and I can only reply to the words written here. I don't know you, so why should I judge you? I just saw that your behaviour was not very nice, that's all.
And about chicks who only care about money, you could put that argument on every rich man out there. There are always a lot of those who care about the money, a lot of those who care about the look, and finally those who love and respect someone for what he does and who he is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:23 pm 
born to perform.

LoyalAnanya I am sorry if my posts have offended you but I was simply stating my opinion on the matter. I feel that criss lacks what I would call style but that is just me. How much magic do you do. If you are just a fan of criss and not a real performer you would not realy understand what criss does to us other magicians.

P.S. Iwantgoodmagic, you have the right to your style but some here are bound to disagree about it.

Juliegel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:04 pm 
Penguin

Juliegel, it's okay, I didn't want to start an argue, just add my opinion as well. I saw you guys arguing about something that's a minor point for me and tried to say something that could make people think about it a little in-depth.
I'm not yet a real performer, because I started to do magic only some time ago. I'm practicing every day and all I mastered to date are a few beginner tricks, most with coins and cards which I performed for my friends. And I just got a floating cigarette routine and try to master it... and I will go on. :)
I've read a lot of negative comments about Criss here, and I normally don't argue about personal opinions- but I don't understand the hate and why Criss does anything negative to other magicians? In another topic I've seen posts like, "spectators ask for his stuff and we can't do it". But you could say that about other rich magicians as well, or do you have the money to make the Statue of Liberty disappear like Copperfield did? A good performer must captivate and fascinate his spectators, what Criss already did when he had a low budget. So did you mean that point or something else? I'm really interested to understand the reasons people have. But by what I've read so far, other magicians just seem to be jealous because Criss is so rich and famous. In your eyes he may not be the best magician, but he's a born entertainer. That's what spectators makes not only care about his magic, but also about himself. He started do to magic since he was a kid, and did everything he had to do to get where he is now.
But what I wanted to say, I really see his positive effect on magic. He brings people back to magic who had already lost all interest in it for years, those who maybe could only name Copperfield if asked to name any good magician. People like me want to do magic because of him, and there will always be those who prefer his "modern day magic" and those who prefer "traditional magic". Before I saw Criss, I was one of those who had lost the interest. Now I've seen other great magicians like Banachek, Lance Burton and Jeff McBride. And I'm sure without Criss I would have never known about them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next