View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:47 pm 
Penguin

He dosen't pay girls he pays transvestites. Come on it was absolutly horribly done! When he didn't get on the helicopter my heart started beating fast at the possibility that he might die and we would be rid of him. But wait! this is Chris Angel. He won't die-Because he will never be in danger in the first place!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:59 pm 
Emperor Penguin

It is entertainment for the "easily entertained" maybe. To me it is pure crap TV.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:42 pm 
Penguin

Hey guys, can anybody please post a short summary of what the heck was going on, what they showed from inside the building and so on? I thought they would show online the same as on tv, but obviously they didn't. :cry: It freaked me out that the webcast most of the time showed the audience and other stuff, and at the end I was really shaking, though I believed he would come out anywise. But that was a real mindfreaking moment!!! It was absolutely awesome, I just hope the tv version will be on youtube soon...

P..S.: Thanks Juliegel for posting the link to the interview, I didn't knew that one before and it was great! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:47 pm 
Emperor Penguin

http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/vie ... p?t=149166

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:50 pm 
Penguin

Oh thanks, I didn't see that there's already a topic for it. Will repost it there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:59 pm 
born to perform.

LoyalAnanya wrote:
Hey guys, can anybody please post a short summary of what the heck was going on, what they showed from inside the building and so on? I thought they would show online the same as on tv, but obviously they didn't. :cry: It freaked me out that the webcast most of the time showed the audience and other stuff, and at the end I was really shaking, though I believed he would come out anywise. But that was a real mindfreaking moment!!! It was absolutely awesome, I just hope the tv version will be on youtube soon...

P..S.: Thanks Juliegel for posting the link to the interview, I didn't knew that one before and it was great! :D

That interview is proof that criss uses stooges and does not care for the magic community.

Juliegel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:07 am 
Penguin

juliegel wrote:
LoyalAnanya wrote:

That interview is proof that criss uses stooges and does not care for the magic community.

Juliegel

Come on, name one famous magician that never used stooges. Even the headline of the stage section here on the forum makes fun of it. It's nothing bad. Some tricks aren't possible without them. I mean, nobody with half a brain would believe that you can cut out a card of a random guy's head, for example.
And since I entered this forum, I can very much understand why Criss doesn't care about the magic community anymore! :wink:
Seriously, I have to say that I admire the fact that he follows his own mind and heart and doesn't allow himself to be influenced by anybody else who say's "it's wrong" or "you can't do that".

Edit: He also said something about this in the interview that I posted in my topic. You posted there, but said nothing on topic- did you even read the interview?

Last edited by LoyalAnanya on Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:11 am 
born to perform.

LoyalAnanya wrote:
juliegel wrote:
LoyalAnanya wrote:

Juliegel

Come on, name one famous magician that never used stooges. Even the headline of the stage section here on the forum makes fun of it. It's nothing bad. Some tricks aren't possible without them. I mean, nobody with half a brain would believe that you can cut out a card of a random guy's head, for example.
And since I entered this forum, I can very much understand why Criss doesn't care about the magic community anymore! :wink:
Seriously, I have to say that I admire the fact that he follows his own mind and heart and doesn't allow himself to be influenced by anybody else who say's "it's wrong" or "you can't do that".

You know who else was told he was doing wrong and did not listen... George Bush.

Thanks I think my edit is a better representation.

P.S. Sick and accurate, Very thin line.

Juliegel

Last edited by juliegel on Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:15 am 
Penguin

Juliegel, please. Somebody else made such a sick comparison here and the post vanished, I guess by the mods. I tell you that because I'm not a tattletale who will call them to delete your post, please reconsider about what you just wrote.

Edit: Ok, and I deleted the quote in my reply so we can leave it at that. Have something else to say: Criss has some really good reasons for what he does that you maybe can't understand if you don't deal with his personality and think about his statements from various points of views. When you only see it from the magician's point of view, I understand that in your opinion what he does may be bad. From another point of view it can be seen as a comprehensible conclusion. What I meant when I said that I think it's admirable when he doesn't care should be obvious. It means that if you have a dream, don't let any naysayers keep you away from realizing it. He doesn't harm anybody- look, he's bashed so much and even if he were mad and hurt because of it, he wouldn't show that. He stands above all that, and many other's can't, they waste a lot of time by showing how much they hate him, instead of just getting over it. But this is another discussion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:11 am 
Penguin

Yes Anna Your right. Stooges play a large part in magic. But Chris is not preforming magic. He uses stoges and video editing not stooges helping preform a trick. He doesn't preform something for audience's. He preform's for preconditioned stooges that already know what's going to happen and how to respond. Look at the building implosion. He picked the handcuffs only. Swith and Wesson Model 100 Handcuffs. Some of the easiest to pick. He then doesn't pick a door lock he smashes a window. HE doesn't continue. Pre recordeed footage takes over and he runs downstairs to be found after the implosion. That's it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:54 am 
Emperor Penguin

That is the problem with Stooge Freak, he uses them for every single effect he does. Actually they are not even effects, they just TV BS. Kind of like the "ring in bread" trick, which I laughed my butt off through each phase. There is no way you could ever actually do it the way Criss acts like he is doing it. You are not going to make a ring vanish in someone's hand, they are not going to be able to just pick any loaf, or any number, and you just pull a ring out cleanly.

Anyone who thinks this was a legitimate effect has never studied magic for very long, if at all. It is just plain stupid and like I said any bum off of the streets could do this because it requires zero skill. Even sadder is that Criss has zero acting and speaking skills, and only has to focus on presentation. Yet it still sucks.

Last edited by sirbrad on Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:58 am 
born to perform.

PatrickS wrote:
He dosen't pay girls he pays transvestites. Come on it was absolutly horribly done! When he didn't get on the helicopter my heart started beating fast at the possibility that he might die and we would be rid of him. But wait! this is Chris Angel. He won't die-Because he will never be in danger in the first place!!!!!!!

Did you see the look on his face before he started? He was scared out of his mind. He was in danger. If he didn't manage to get the first two doors open, he would have died.

I can't believe anyone who wish his death, I wouldn't wish death on anyone, even my enemies.

Everyone needs to grow the heck up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:01 pm 
Emperor Penguin

HAHA! I hope you are being sarcastic and just trying to rile people up. If not, you are the one who needs to "grow up" and get educated. Criss has NEVER been in any real danger in his life, not on his show anyway. Only a layman would think so, but even most of them know better. A couple of years from now you are going look back and laugh at your posts here like Magikrn. I hope...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:41 pm 
Penguin

Maloney123 wrote:
Did you see the look on his face before he started? He was scared out of his mind. He was in danger. If he didn't manage to get the first two doors open, he would have died.

I can't believe anyone who wish his death, I wouldn't wish death on anyone, even my enemies.

Hey Maloney, seriously how old are you? I can't believe how big a sucker you are. You have over 700 posts at a magic message board and you haven't learned a thing. It's hilarious.

This is a quick break down just for you. I suggest you listen to me and the rest of the people here.

-Criss was never in any danger. The entire thing was planned to go down that way from the start to build suspense.

-After Criss picked the handcuffs and kicked his way through the glass the video went to pre-recorded footage. Once the pre-recorded footage takes over Criss just makes his way down and out to safety.

-His crew threw dust all over him and got him ready for the reveal.

-And that countdown clock was bogus. It was just for show. The explosives where detonated manually by a professional team, not a clock.

I'm dying to know how old you are. It might help explain why you don't know this was fake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:51 pm 
born to perform.

KingMilo wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:

Hey Maloney, seriously how old are you? I can't believe how big a sucker you are. You have over 700 posts at a magic message board and you haven't learned a thing. It's hilarious.

This is a quick break down just for you. I suggest you listen to me and the rest of the people here.

-Criss was never in any danger. The entire thing was planned to go down that way from the start to build suspense.

-After Criss picked the handcuffs and kicked his way through the glass the video went to pre-recorded footage. Once the pre-recorded footage takes over Criss just makes his way down and out to safety.

-His crew threw dust all over him and got him ready for the reveal.

-And that countdown clock was bogus. It was just for show. The explosives where detonated manually by a professional team, not a clock.

I'm dying to know how old you are. It might help explain why you don't know this was fake.

I am 14 my friend, and yes I know that's how it went. But you could see that the second door was locked. How did he get out?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next