View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Criss Angel making fun of David Blaine
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:34 pm 
Penguin

http://itricks.com/news/?p=2739

I saw this and if he really does do that, i hope DB does the same thing back to him :twisted: What do you think???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:39 pm 
born to perform.

Immaturity, false scandal...seems to be his style.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:17 pm 
born to perform.

Criss Angel is the last person on earth who should be making fun of David Blaine. If it wasn't for David Blaine, there wouldn't be a "Criss Angel" as we know him today. If not for David Blaine, I seriously doubt Angel would never have gotten a TV special.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:28 pm 
born to perform.

TheCaffeinator wrote:
Criss Angel is the last person on earth who should be making fun of David Blaine. If it wasn't for David Blaine, there wouldn't be a "Criss Angel" as we know him today. If not for David Blaine, I seriously doubt Angel would never have gotten a TV special.

Great point. David Blaine laid the groundwork for this type of show. I honestly have always thought Criss was riding his coattails

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:12 pm 
born to perform.

I may have this round the wrong way or messed up or something ( if I am wrong please correct me) but when David was doing his 'Drowned alive' stunt, Criss actually came to see him and he actually told the crew "Tell David, he's doing a good job." and apparently that just meant the world to David.
I do remember though in an earlier interview with Criss, when the reporter asked "What are your thoughts on David Blaine?" he replied "Who?"
I don't get Criss, sometimes he's a complete arse, sometimes he's not. Public apperance maybe...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:37 am 
Penguin

I never really liked Criss Angel and I hate him more and more as time goes on. How does he have a following? His level of arrogance is sickening. On Larry King Live Criss Angel said Copperfield didn't like him and that was probably because Copperfield feels Criss Angel passed him in fame. Now Angel goofs on David Blaine.

I see Criss Angels star falling from the sky soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:52 am 
Emperor Penguin

jverrone wrote:
I never really liked Criss Angel and I hate him more and more as time goes on. How does he have a following? His level of arrogance is sickening. On Larry King Live Criss Angel said Copperfield didn't like him and that was probably because Copperfield feels Criss Angel passed him in fame. Now Angel goofs on David Blaine.

I see Criss Angels star falling from the sky soon.

Now we finally agree on something. Criss Angel is an egotistical nightmare.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:07 am 
Penguin

revelation77 wrote:
I may have this round the wrong way or messed up or something ( if I am wrong please correct me) but when David was doing his 'Drowned alive' stunt, Criss actually came to see him and he actually told the crew "Tell David, he's doing a good job." and apparently that just meant the world to David.
I do remember though in an earlier interview with Criss, when the reporter asked "What are your thoughts on David Blaine?" he replied "Who?"
I don't get Criss, sometimes he's a complete arse, sometimes he's not. Public apperance maybe...?

No, David Blaine went to visit Criss in his 1st season of Mindfreak, when he was performing Oasis. But Criss never went to visit David Blaine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:47 am 
born to perform.

A couple weeks ago I had a long, in depth conversation with someone which has been a consultant for many famous magicians including Criss and David.(which he is currently working with David on his stunt right now.) He told me that A and E was originally trying to get DAvid Blaine But couldn't get him so some how criss ended up getting it. They wanted that sort of street magic style. Thats why Criss started doing "Street Magic" for his A&E series. Before that he did supernaturl which was mostly his stage show. So that's a little bit of insight that I thought I would share with all of you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:46 pm 
Penguin

Hey did you ask your freind what David's stunt is going to be?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:38 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I think it just shows how immature and jealous Criss is that he has to make fun of David Blaine to make himself look like a better magician. Honestly... he will never be a better magician than David Blaine. Yes, Blaine is boring a lot of the time, but he really makes his spectators believe, and that's just his style. Criss, however, poorly entertains us with his camera tricks, stooges, and horrible set of ethics. All IMHO, of course.

*Officially an Emperor Penguin! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:44 pm 
Emperor Penguin

TheCaffeinator wrote:
Criss Angel is the last person on earth who should be making fun of David Blaine. If it wasn't for David Blaine, there wouldn't be a "Criss Angel" as we know him today.

If it wasn't for Blaine, Criss would still be getting confused as a member of Culture Club.....

Fortunately for him, he wasn't well known back then, as his old images would be a edited of a lot easier to find on the internet. Heh.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:30 pm 
Penguin

I click on that link but all I find is a page with nothing on it. Where is the article? What was said?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:39 pm 
Emperor Penguin

"No Loyal would be worth their salt unless they checked out the recently announced Most Memorable Mindfreak Moments special airing Saturday, December 29th at 4:30 p.m. EST. Not only is the hour-long highlight reel a celebrity studded walk down Mindfreak’s memory lane, but unless something has changed since its initial cut, iTricks can report that Criss transforms himself into David Blaine and comically performs around Las Vegas as a parody of the Brooklyn magician. It’s a must-see for any Criss fan."

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:52 pm 
Penguin

wayno wrote:
"No Loyal would be worth their salt unless they checked out the recently announced Most Memorable Mindfreak Moments special airing Saturday, December 29th at 4:30 p.m. EST. Not only is the hour-long highlight reel a celebrity studded walk down Mindfreak’s memory lane, but unless something has changed since its initial cut, iTricks can report that Criss transforms himself into David Blaine and comically performs around Las Vegas as a parody of the Brooklyn magician. It’s a must-see for any Criss fan."

8)

Ok. Thanks. I can't really see how he would think that was funny. I mean why even bother? What's the point?

Criss Angel is very arrogant for his level of skill. I think he'll end up shooting himself in the foot one day.

I was just thinking the other day that Criss Angel is the most popular person in magic right now, unfortunately, and he doesn't even have a live show. Sure he is getting a show that "features" him but what does that mean? Does anyone else find it strange that the "biggest" magician right now doesn't even have a live show anywhere?