View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Great article on Angel
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:34 am 
Penguin

http://blogs.creativeloafing.com/blurbe ... iss-angel/

The best part is that he admits he doesn't know how he does his stuff but is sure that he uses really badly acting stooges..A layman can see through that hack..

:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:16 pm 
born to perform.

Sweet, another Angel bashing thread!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:20 pm 

Maloney123 wrote:

That's what many many others think to themselves when they read Angel "Butt-Kissing" threads...
You do know that it is not required for you to participate in a thread if you’re unhappy about it.

There is clearly a majority of people that do not like Criss Angel and another group that prases him. No matter what your opinion is, you are not the designated champion to defend him.

You are entitled to your opinion, but do not challenge others that differ from yours…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:00 pm 
Penguin

Not a great article in my opinion. But it's usual that the reporter brings in his own opinion.
For me, the best articles are the neutral, factual ones and I always prefer these ones. If articles are praising, they seem like one-sided advertisement; if they are bashing, they are one-sided critiques. Both are more reporting an opinion than reporting the issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:05 pm 
born to perform.

LoyalAnanya wrote:
Not a great article in my opinion. But it's usual that the reporter brings in his own opinion.
For me, the best articles are the neutral, factual ones and I always prefer these ones. If articles are praising, they seem like one-sided advertisement; if they are bashing, they are one-sided critiques. Both are more reporting an opinion than reporting the issue.

That is weird because all your posts seem kind of one sided, completly disregarding any fact given to you.

Juliegel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:05 pm 

I am trying to locate the source of this news article, but it seems Cirque is losing faith in Criss Angel even before the show has opened"

Quote:
tumbling admission fees for Believe!

At $59, "Believe" has the cheapest seats ever offered to a new Vegas show by the Canadian company with five shows currently running on the Strip. "Believe," Cirque's sixth show here, will even be cheaper than the veteran Cirque shows that have become more affordable in recent years. Take "Mystere," the oldest Cirque show on the Strip, which sells its cheapest and obstructed-view seats for $60. "Believe's" bottom seats will be a $1 cheaper.

Whoever expected low prices to be Cirque's and Angel's first foray into true originality?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:12 pm 
Penguin

What's your point, Juliegel? Don't know the difference between personal posts in a forum where people discuss, and an investigated article in a newspaper?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:13 pm 
born to perform.

DerZauberer wrote:
Maloney123 wrote:

That's what many many others think to themselves when they read Angel "Butt-Kissing" threads...
You do know that it is not required for you to participate in a thread if you’re unhappy about it.

There is clearly a majority of people that do not like Criss Angel and another group that prases him. No matter what your opinion is, you are not the designated champion to defend him.

You are entitled to your opinion, but do not challenge others that differ from yours…

Well thats what people who don't like Angel are doing. Calling us stupid, very mature. Lets all act like 2 year olds now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:16 pm 
Penguin

Zauberer, here is the source:

http://vegasblog.latimes.com/vegas/2008 ... lieve.html

It's old news though, I've read the article weeks ago. There are many comments under the actual article. Some of them already explained questions raised in the article.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:25 pm 

LoyalAnanya wrote:

It's old news though, I've read the article weeks ago. There are many comments under the actual article. Some of them already explained questions raised in the article.

Thank you for finding the source.

I find the article credible since I am familiar with the LA Times reporter.

As for the comments, you have to realize these are from normal people so you must read those with a grain of salt, the positive and negative. They are not reporting facts, they are only stating their opinion with no way to verify truth or fiction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:51 pm 
Penguin

DerZauberer wrote:
LoyalAnanya wrote:

Thank you for finding the source.

I find the article credible since I am familiar with the LA Times reporter.

As for the comments, you have to realize these are from normal people so you must read those with a grain of salt, the positive and negative. They are not reporting facts, they are only stating their opinion with no way to verify truth or fiction.

You're welcome.

Right, most of the comments are just personal opinions, that's clear. Though I find it interesting to read them, it's a good way to get different angles about how people see an issue and how they came to their conclusions. Sometimes they even post links to other sources, but I didn't remember if this was the case in this article when I posted the reply.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:39 pm 
born to perform.

DerZauberer wrote:
I am trying to locate the source of this news article, but it seems Cirque is losing faith in Criss Angel even before the show has opened"

Quote:
tumbling admission fees for Believe!

At $59, "Believe" has the cheapest seats ever offered to a new Vegas show by the Canadian company with five shows currently running on the Strip. "Believe," Cirque's sixth show here, will even be cheaper than the veteran Cirque shows that have become more affordable in recent years. Take "Mystere," the oldest Cirque show on the Strip, which sells its cheapest and obstructed-view seats for $60. "Believe's" bottom seats will be a $1 cheaper.

Whoever expected low prices to be Cirque's and Angel's first foray into true originality?

Thats really interesting, I would think Cirque uhm whatever could produce a good show with almost any magician involved, even Angel.. maybe his ego is in the way or something. I would think their great uh whatever it is they're known for combined with the illusions of a pro magician would make an awesome show.