View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:19 am 
born to perform.

My point exactly, Your still cool, I just didn't think you would fit in the category.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:57 am 
born to perform.

My new, revised list.

Paul Harris-Incredible mind, creations out the wazoo, we know.

Lee Asher-Visionary, inventive, technical ability is insane, and a very nice guy to talk to.

Phil Goldstein/Max Maven-Incredibly creative, and is a master at mixing magic and mentalism.

Jeff McBride-Awesome to watch.

Lance Burton-Same as Jeff McBride.

-JT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:20 pm 
born to perform.

well i mentioned he wasnt a magician i just said i was interested in the stuff he does

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:55 pm 
Penguin

marlo
vernon
erdnase (cheat or magichan?)
houdini
scarne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:03 am 
born to perform.

Well my favorites in order are:

Criss Angel (he was the one that really got me interested in magic after seeing the quarter in soda can illusion)

David Blaine (I loved seeing his levitation and the different effects he did when he first came out)

Penn & Teller (I think they're amazing and even though they exposed the cups & balls I still think they're amazing)

Jay Noblezada (I have most of the stuff he's done and I think he's a great teacher)

and finally Paul Harris (he's done so much stuff and he's done a lot of Paul Harris Presents effects as well that I've got that are amazing including FLOW which is totally amazing)

and on my list after my top 5 would be:

Cyril Takayama (I loved seeing this routine on this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPXaEOWApu0 it is totally amazing and if I ever get enough money to buy that I'm buying it in a heartbeat)

Ricky Jay (the man is a sleight of hand GOD especially when he does his Alaskan Poker demonstration)

Huron Low (Fire In The Hole is totally amazing and it kills when you do it)

Richard Sanders (I've loved everything he's done and I can't wait to get Tagged)

Alvo Stockman (I loved Postmentalism)

and for non-magicians (I don't know if these guys would be considered magicians because they're XCMers and I don't know if XCM would be considered magic)

Devo Vom Shattenreich (the stuff he's come up with is totally amazing)

Jerry Cestkowski (there's a reason he's been named "The Flourishman")

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:38 pm 
Penguin

My Favorite (I think...)
David Blaine
David Copperfeild
Luke Jermay
Dai Vernon
LAnce Burton

Honorable Mentions
Cyril Takayama
Darwin Ortiz
Paul Harris
Jay Noblezada
Penn and Teller
Oz Pearlman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:52 am 
Penguin

No particular order:

Greg Wilson
Dai Vernon
Cyril Takayama
Ed Marlo
Criss Angel
Jay Sankey

Couldn't settle for just five, so had to go with six. Sankey & Wilson are absolute gods in my eyes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:14 pm 
Penguin

1 Derren brown: Cause he tricked me for 2-3 years before finding out he used tricks and inspired me to go into it.

2 David copperfield, for the chance he gave me to let me dream again(with amazing and beautifull fly presentation what was really good)

3 David Blaine: He makes magic look cool, although some dont like him, i like him and the fact i like his spirit to get most out of things.

4 Siegfried and Roy: Cause theyw ere in a dutch children program agas ago were they rocked, first time i saw magic in action.

5 Uri gellar: The fact that still many people got the doubt he really got special powers shows his showmanship and skills, although i not agree on how he aproach things all the time, i like the message he is sending out to be positive, believe. A fraud,but a fraud person with a good message and good skills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:28 am 
born to perform.

In no specific order:

- David Blaine (Yes, I know but I really like his card tricks. After all, he is the reason behind me learning the 2CM [I know it's not officially called that but I prefer that name] and he is the only person I have seen do it professionally)

- Criss Angel (I've always enjoyed Mindfreak, even if it is all props and gimmicks, he entertains me and he is still a magician even if it is a TV only magician)

- David Stone (He is just so smooth, I have RSoM Vol. 1 and I still get tricked when he does the demos of some tricks after he's just shown me how to do it)

- Oz Pearlman (The man is a legend, working the decks I own like I wouldn't have thought possible)

- Chris Wayne (If you ever get a moment, search him on Youtube, I love his closer)

- Brad Christian (A genius, he is very good at what he does, he'll make you believe)

- John Hirokawa (If you ever go to Oahu, check out his show, "Magic of Polynesia", it's so amazing!)

And everyone will shun me for this but I only just saw my first clip of Cyril, (posted above) the man is insane!

Post subject: 5 magicians I would love to meet.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:27 am 
Penguin

It's tough to make a list of only 5, but I'll give it a try:

David Blaine - Simply for the fact of breathing new life into the street performing magician

Carl Cloutier - I remember years and years ago when they had the "Worlds Great Magic" series, I saw a performance by this magician, and I was left utterly speechless. Back then when I wanted to record a TV show or make a copy of a tape I just made, would first be recorded through the VCR. Then I used my Dads Video Camcorder, and I recorded his routine 4 times just so I wouldn't have to hit rewind all the time.

Bill Malone - Saw him perform on the "Worlds Greatest Magic" and I absolutely love the way he engages the audience, not to mention his sleight of hand and card routines were top notch, stellar performances.

Banachek - With Banachek, I would love to meet him but at the same time a little afraid because of how subtle his mentalism is, that I know just by talking with him he could be subconciously using his mentalism techniques, and end up showing me something that will blow my mind. I'd have to stand on guard if I ever met him!

Wayne Houchin - I love everything he does from performing to teaching his effects in the best ways possible. I get the distinct feeling that meeting him would be quite the experience.

I know that's five but here's one more:

Criss Angel - I'd love to meet the guy, for the sole purpose to kick him square in the family jewels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:05 am 
born to perform.

*Geoff Latta (RIP)- Very smooth and very exciting to watch even though he was so relaxed and laid back, I just love this guy's sleight of hand.
He also had a very cool voice

*Brian Tudor- I can watch him performing Hypnotic for hours upon hours without getting bored, also without him the Buck twins wouldn't be 0.00001 as popular as they are today.
A lot of today's most popular cuts are based directly on Brian Tudor's creations.
He's also not acting all street and underground like most "flourishers" who think they're doing something that's almost illegal

*Apollo Robbins- His performance is pretty much as relaxed as it gets, and he's probably the best pick pocket today.
His Withers coin vanish is one of the most beautiful coin vanishes I've ever seen, too bad it's being over used by people who ruin all the subtleties

*Fujii Akira- Very charming magician, with amazing technical skills.
He makes me laugh even though he speaks Japanese.

*Steve Forte- Amazing technician, does the most difficult cheating sleights while looking completely natural and relaxed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:10 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Waiting as a final load under a very large set of cups. It is dark......
My new list:

No particular order

Banachek: After seeing his lecture, it really opened my eyes to mentalism. For an extremely modest $20 a person, he lectured everyone who was there (only about 25 people) for over 3 hours! His material was very practical, extremely well thought out, and KILLER! I don't care what people say, he's pretty much the best mentalist in my opinion.

Gazzo: For his ability to gather, hold, and entertain a crowd, as well as making them pay at the end. He is the essence of what every busker hopes to be. Not only is he hilarious, but he backs his humor with SOLID magic abilities. He makes the cups and balls look like it should, while making the audience's sides split. Remember, he doesn't go to the audiences, they come to him!

Bill Malone: Bill's always been one of my favorite magicians. His charm and whit combine to form a lethal combination. He is such a lovable guy, and a quick-whited comedian as well. His technical ability is impeccable, and his presentation is remarkable.

David Williamson: Come on, how can he not be up here with everyone?! He is so energetic, but it isn't annoying. His energy is the lifeblood for his persona and comedy. He is incredibly talented, but his relaxed manner of presenting it, combined with his over-the-top character combine for a lovely magic experience.

David Blaine: I'm not entirely sure he's one of my favorite magicians, but let me explain why he's up here. David Blaine has, like it or not, revolutionized much of what we now call "street magic." Street magic used to be something not talked much about if you weren't talking about buskers. David Blaine changed that. Now, people on the streets can be entertained by David Blaine's monotonous, down-to-earth character. Also, people all over the country and world can see what close-up magic looks like, just on the streets instead. Also, David Blaine could've been all about "camera magic," but he isn't for the most part. He sticks true to sleight of hand in spite of everything. I respect him for his charity work and endurance abilities as well. He's a good guy.