View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Angel's 'Believe' magic: Miffed fans disappear
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:58 pm 

I rarely say, "I told you so" but in this case... "I did tell you so!"

http://www.lvrj.com/news/29875759.html

Quote:
Criss Angel left many audience members unsatisfied at the opening of "Believe" at the Luxor over the weekend. Some complained the magic was subpar. "Belief was not suspended once," said one fan.

Quote:
Wilson said it should be called "Criss Angel -- Don't Believe."

Moffett and Wilson walked out before the ending, because Angel started singing the finale, a cover of his "Mindfreak" TV theme song.

"He broke into song. I said, 'He's singing. Now we're leaving,'" Wilson said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:10 pm 
born to perform.

I'm not surprised that this is how it ended up. All the delays, the cheap prices, free drink coupons, it all adds up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:08 pm 
born to perform.

how can a show with free drink coupons fail! I believed you DerZauberer :D any predictions on when his show will be cancelled? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:26 pm 
Emperor Penguin

HAHA!! I told you all too. Wake up Loyals before it is too late! Take off the blinders and actually listen to those who know what they are talking about. I can picture that moron singing and looking at his own reflection thinking he is God. I want a video clip.

"Criss Angel fans flew in from as far away as London to see his new Cirque du Soleil show open at the Luxor on Friday. The verdict by many? Creatively, "Believe" is a possibly unsalvageable "waste of time" and a "dead end" that literally bored some audience members to sleep.

On Saturday night, reaction was even worse.

"Everyone in the bathroom was chanting 'bull----'" from the urinals, Damon Ranger of Chicago told me Saturday. "It was absolutely awful. You can 'Believe' how bad it is -- because it's terrible!

People streamed out of the theater on Saturday screaming about how poor it was. A group of six women was led by a woman yelling furiously, demanding their money back...."

Even Blaine's worst stunt could not equal that. I love it!! :lol:

"Dude, it's a train wreck," Ranger said. On a scale of 1 to 10, he declared "Believe" a zero."

:lol: :lol:

Well there goes that battle, all the Loyals just fell to the ground. This is what happens when you try and build a career off of lies, and a false ego based on nothing but more lies. The truth comes out eventually. "It wasn't like his TV show" because this "hack" can't do what he does on TV in real life, duh. More people are more gullible than I thought.

Last edited by sirbrad on Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:33 pm 
born to perform.

What did he do in the show, does anyone know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:41 pm 

ROFL

http://www.vegastripping.com/news/news.php?news_id=2298

I don’t know what's funnier, the comments after the news story informing Criss of his Epic Fail or the mindless Loyals desperately grasping at anything to defend him?!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:29 pm 
born to perform.

This is awesome! Criss' star may finally fade one day soon! Take that Loyals! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:49 pm 
born to perform.

Why would they go to the magic castle instead? There isn't anyone decent performing there either! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:50 pm 
Penguin

I always thought that once Angel went back to do his stage material, that he might actually do better and not just for his image. But to read that, it almost seems he's only good when there's a camera in front of him recording his "magic" and then editing the sh*t out of it.

I personally don't think he has any respect for Magic, and only wants to make a name for himself by any means necessary. We did a lot of trash talking about Angel's close-up magic skills (or lack there of) so then he tries to cram as much close-up magic material he can get his hands on. A lot of stuff that I know isn't for the public, and yet he still has a total arrogant aura around himself, like he's trying to prove to everyone that "he's the best" and has recently said, "I will do everything in my power to make sure no one is able to beat my magic records".

Hopefully his next show will go better for him, that way he can try to focus more on certain aspects of his magic career. Rather than putting himself in every magic venue there is out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:53 pm 
born to perform.

hahahahahahahaha. I haven't felt this giddy since Christmas 1984! I find it all very funny and extremely ironic...What comes around, goes around. When word really getsout that the show blows and it's because of Criss, he'll realize that he pissed in his Cheerios because A&E won't renew his show. Then he'll have to go back to his obscure stage show..which won't fare well, because he's already disappointed all the fans he had.

The people are starting to figure out that the magic they saw on TV isn't the magic they saw on stage....You mean it really WAS all camera editing and stooges?! Aww. Poor loser. :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:01 pm 

Sweepingreaper4 wrote:
Why would they go to the magic castle instead? There isn't anyone decent performing there either! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you so sure about that? How often have you been there?!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:25 pm 
born to perform.

DerZauberer wrote:
Sweepingreaper4 wrote:

Are you so sure about that? How often have you been there?!?

Surely, that was meant to be a joke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:32 am 
Emperor Penguin

I always said how Siss creates false, real-world expectations for real-world performers, and this time he did it to himself! :lol: He could not live up to his camera fantasies and was shot down. Now everyone knows that "what you see is what you get" for certain. He shot himself in the foot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:48 am 
Penguin

It will be interesting to see who's careers will thrive now that Blaine had his stinker of an ending to Dive of Death and Angel has his show getting such bad reviews. My guess is Blaine will survive and Angel's star is about to fall. This would be a great time for Cyril Takayama to make his big US takeover...

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:59 am 
Emperor Penguin

I considered Blaine's show a success because I don't watch for the stunts. I surf the net while they show that crap, and then tune in for the magic. I look at the stunt as filler. or as a commercial in between the magic.