View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:41 pm 
born to perform.

Pauldela wrote:
Yu going to kill yourself, you had a fight with your girlfriend too and loved Crisis's show epic fail'd. Don't kill yourself, your not that bad.

Thats not what I meant homie. I'm just sick of the bashing and stuff. So what, I like Criss Angel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:12 pm 
born to perform.

So what?
Criss Angel deserves no respect! That's what.
He has done everything in his power to become the most conniving, unethical, arrogant, d*ckhead "magician" around.
He has made people expect too much from magicians. He doesn't even have to try to do what he does; the editors do it for him.
He mentions other magicians (respected magicians) ONLY to denounce them in the light of his own unfounded self-righteousness.
Sure, what's not to love, right? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:00 pm 
Emperor Penguin

As I said many times before, the "uneducated" like Angel. Uneducated in magic, common sense, or usually a combination of the two. I caught him doing a card effect earlier at a beach, in which he does a version of a color changing deck with his crap deck, and forces the top card etc. His handling of the cards was absolutely horrific. I seen kids do better on Youtube after just getting a trick 5 minutes ago.

He mumbled nervously as he took about 5 seconds or more to do a simple DL get ready, which looked like it was the first time he ever tried it. He has no patter except rambling that makes absolutely no sense. "What's really crazy is...the crazy thing is this....strangely if you watch, and look..." Even worse than Blaine, minus the skill. Also his DL was VERY poorly done and he flashed the ace of clubs as well. He looked as though it was his first time ever touching a deck of cards.

Now I know why he did stage magic and rarely ever talked. He needs to go back to that. Without his camera cuts, which I see he still does every effect, he would not even have any material for a show. He needs paid stooges to watch politely and say that "he rocks," because he unintentionally exposes any close-up he tries to perform. I am sure he also pays girls to say he is hot, although judging by the looks of them, they are probably stupid enough to believe that.

The truth is coming out finally as I said it always would, and hopefully this is the beginning of the end of Siss Angel. It is a disgrace that he has a show period, and even more so that he is rich. He should just run away now with all of that undeserved cash before he loses that too. Hopefully the wife he cheated on takes care of that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:05 pm 
Emperor Penguin

"I Give the Show Two Months. Tops."
A group of us in town from Boston saw the Criss Angel show last night. I had a free ticket and I still felt ripped off. It is sad to watch Cirque, which I generally have enjoyed over the years, put their name on something so awful. There hasn't been a great Cirque show in Vegas since "O" and that was 10 years ago. The Criss Angel show sets a new low."

:lol:

"I'm sure that Mr. Angel was concerned such demonstrations of real talent would up stage him."

:P

"The show had either extremely eager, sycophantical fans, or, more likely, plants who were just hanging out in the bathroom striking up conversations about how great it was with anyone who would listen. I'm guessing plants since three friends went to the bathroom over a 20 minute period and ran into the same woman. It wreaks of desperation. If anyone tells you the show is good, ask them how much of a kick-back they're getting from MGM/Mirage.

I give the show 2 months. Tops."

"If you're a fan of magic and want to see a good show, check out "Penn and Teller" at the Rio or even Lance Burton or David Copperfield when he's in town. If you'd like to see something Cirque-like, go see "O" or "Mystere" or "Le Reve." If you have tickets to Criss Angel, call the box office immediately to see if you can cancel."

:D

Will be interesting to see if Siss can "walk on water" now, being all the bridges he once crossed are all burned down. He already seen his best days up until 2005, and that isn't saying much. It is all downhill from here. So long Siss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:38 pm 
Penguin

A couple of people I knew saw it and they said "Gigli was better" :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:11 pm 
born to perform.

Location: France - Chuckling at funny posts - In the CPC members base
This topic makesme smile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:36 pm 
born to perform.

This is seriously like $#%^&#$ hilarious! :o :o :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:32 pm 
born to perform.

cameronb wrote:
So what?
Criss Angel deserves no respect! That's what.
He has done everything in his power to become the most conniving, unethical, arrogant, d*ckhead "magician" around.
He has made people expect too much from magicians. He doesn't even have to try to do what he does; the editors do it for him.
He mentions other magicians (respected magicians) ONLY to denounce them in the light of his own unfounded self-righteousness.
Sure, what's not to love, right? :roll:

That happened at school today and I was so angry! A magician came to our school, I've met him several times and e-mailed him quite a bit. BTW he was the main reason I got into magic. A really nice guy. Anyway, so everybody sees the show and a couple kids say, "Well that one trick was cool with the Gatorade but have you seen the thing where Criss Angel levitates across the two buildings?" The next thing you know, kids are all huddled around talking about Crissy. Soon their on the computer watching the coin trick where he swallows the coin, etc. Watching him on fire, levitating, walking on water. It was disgusting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:37 pm 
born to perform.

evanbishop wrote:
Anyway, so everybody sees the show and a couple kids say, "Well that one trick was cool with the Gatorade but have you seen the thing where Criss Angel levitates across the two buildings?" The next thing you know, kids are all huddled around talking about Crissy. Soon their on the computer watching the coin trick where he swallows the coin, etc. Watching him on fire, levitating, walking on water. It was disgusting.

*shudders in disgust*

next time that happens, run for your sanity!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:44 pm 
born to perform.

evanbishop wrote:
That happened at school today and I was so angry! A magician came to our school, I've met him several times and e-mailed him quite a bit. BTW he was the main reason I got into magic. A really nice guy. Anyway, so everybody sees the show and a couple kids say, "Well that one trick was cool with the Gatorade but have you seen the thing where Criss Angel levitates across the two buildings?" The next thing you know, kids are all huddled around talking about Crissy. Soon their on the computer watching the coin trick where he swallows the coin, etc. Watching him on fire, levitating, walking on water. It was disgusting.

THIS is why weapons should be allowed in schools. JK

Taking aim as Criss Angel levitates between buildings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:59 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I am the originator of the quote, "He creates unrealistic/unnecessary expectations for real-world performers." Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:58 pm 
Penguin

Wow this news has just made my day. I had hoped that this would happen but even I thought it would do ok since millions of dollars, cirque and the luxor were involved. I thought with all those people involved it would have to at least do ok. But it turns out my prediction of very little magic was correct and that appears to be the biggest complaint. People go to a magic show and don't get any magic. Instead they get Criss singing his MindFreak song. Haha.

I wonder if my next prediction will come true. Will they cancel him?

I imagine that after all the time and money they invested they will at least try to save it but it will probably end as a failure.

I saw Copperfield perform just this past Spring and it was excellent. Small theatre when he was on tour but it was intimate and loaded with tricks and illusions. And the feel of the show was very stripped down. So you don't need million dollar stages for a good show. You just need to be good.

Also I can't see Cyril trying to take over the USA. He pretty much has Japan and parts of Korea all locked up. He is an icon over there. I can't see him trying to force his way into the States... he doesn't need to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:10 pm 
Penguin

MichalAngelo wrote:
evanbishop wrote:

THIS is why weapons should be allowed in schools. JK

Taking aim as Criss Angel levitates between buildings.

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:34 am 

So I’m at the Magic Castle tonight and I hear from some Las Vegas Magicians, firsthand, that Cirque is considering shutting down the show and just letting Criss keep his share of the money! Wouldn't THAT be a magic trick?

Could the show be that awful? Probably…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:04 pm 
Penguin

DerZauberer wrote:
So I’m at the Magic Castle tonight and I hear from some Las Vegas Magicians, firsthand, that Cirque is considering shutting down the show and just letting Criss keep his share of the money! Wouldn't THAT be a magic trick?

Could the show be that awful? Probably…

How reliable are these sources? Sounds like great news but I would think that they would at least want to try and save it first considering all the money they invested.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next