View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:28 pm 

It seems that so far the show is fine except for Criss' part. My speculation is that the show would work with a new lead character just as well. They do it with Broadway shows all the time. Just find a new "name" to plug into that spot and they're good to go.

Post subject: MAGIC SHOW HARD TO 'BELIEVE'
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:38 pm 

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10192008/go ... 134215.htm

Quote:
DID the Luxor Las Vegas make a $100 million mistake? Criss Angel fans are starting to think so.

Quote:
But early buzz is it's a disaster. "Criss had 100 percent creative control over the show," a Vegas businessman said. "It was a risky bet and, so far, it looks like it might backfire." Guy Laliberté, the head of Cirque, is even said to have walked out of one preview.

Quote:
And he wouldn't be the first one. According to the Las Vegas Review-Journal, the show, which opens officially on Halloween, "is a possibly unsalvageable waste of time and a dead end that literally bored some audience members to sleep."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:50 am 
Penguin

How can a show be so bad after putting $100 million into it? Where did the money go? It's almost criminal.

But in all honesty you don't need $100 million to put on a good magic act. I admit I don't know but I seriously doubt that much went into Lance Burton or Penn and Teller. They are two of the best magic acts in Vegas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:34 am 

KingMilo wrote:
How can a show be so bad after putting $100 million into it? Where did the money go? It's almost criminal.

Quote:
"Criss had 100 percent creative control over the show," a Vegas businessman said. "It was a risky bet and, so far, it looks like it might backfire."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:18 pm 
born to perform.

DerZauberer wrote:
So I’m at the Magic Castle tonight and I hear from some Las Vegas Magicians, firsthand, that Cirque is considering shutting down the show and just letting Criss keep his share of the money! Wouldn't THAT be a magic trick?

Hmmm. While I hope that it wasn't a project that was planned as a failure as a means to make money; that kind of statement makes one wonder if that might have been the case.

In the midst of some big television hype and a bunch of blind fans spending money and talking you up, pitch your idea to a big production company who agree to build a big theatrical show at their expense. Don't prepare. Don't worry about delivering. Hope response and ticket sales are bad enough that they just give up and let you keep the money associated with your part of the bargain.
It's just crazy enough to work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:55 pm 
Emperor Penguin

That moron should pay THEM for the trouble. At least half of his total money, then walk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:59 pm 
born to perform.

sirbrad wrote:
I considered Blaine's show a success because I don't watch for the stunts. I surf the net while they show that crap, and then tune in for the magic. I look at the stunt as filler. or as a commercial in between the magic.

This is also how i watch his specials. I like it too because its not so frequent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:56 am 
Penguin

So Believe opened officially last night right? I'm anxious to hear the official reviews.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:53 pm 
born to perform.

I saw a pic of C. wearing Angel wings from the believe show but I didn't have the time to read it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:08 pm 

It's Official! Criss Angel's Show is a HUGE Stinker!

http://www.lvrj.com/news/33685929.html

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2008/no ... s-believe/

Quote:
The single most amazing thing about “Believe” is that it’s still so boring.

For a reported $100 million, Cirque has bought itself its first bona fide bomb.

He’s got nothing without postproduction editing.

A charmless mook, Angel is a rudimentary stage performer — he’s barely believable playing himself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:32 pm 
born to perform.

Is anyone really surprised? It sounds like they made it even worse! Increased his dialogue? Please! It's been said time and time again that he's a mediocre stage magician. It's also been said that all his lackluster lies in the camera work.

It'll be closed in 6 months. Criss will keep his earnings as he and Cirque are under contract, if they release him, they'll have to fulfill the contract price. It really doesn't matter to Angel...this is just another bullet point on his resume.

It's not surprising that his star is beginning to fall. He was on top for a while, but when you're on the top, where do you go from there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:57 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I am glad to see what I have said all along finally prove to be 100% true. Where are all those fanboys that argued with me over the years? That is right, you better stay in the woodwork too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:12 pm 

Perhaps it was coincidence or possibly fate, but it was one year to the day, (October 31st), that Criss shot his mouth off on Phenomenon and now Karma comes back to bite him in the butt…

Post subject: DOUG ELFMAN: New Criss Angel show is unbelievably bad, sad
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:30 pm 

DOUG ELFMAN: New Criss Angel show is unbelievably bad, sad

http://www.lvrj.com/news/33740174.html

Quote:
If Cirque thinks the sleeeeepy-paced execution of the plot in this supposed-$100 million show is engaging, then so would watching a cat poop in a gilded box.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:31 pm 
Penguin

We all know the show is weak from what we hear and most of the reviews appear to be terrible. But the real question is... Will any of that matter? Will it hurt the show? Apparently people are giving him a standing ovation.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next