View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Las Vegas Magicians Rally Behind Angel and Believe
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:38 pm 
Penguin

Looks like Angel is getting support from some heavy hitters in the magic community:

http://magicgizmo.com/home/articles-news/76-general/189-las-vegas-magicians-believe-in-angel.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:14 pm 
Penguin

Think this will help any? Having some rather big name Magicians trying to help Angel's career could mean only one thing, he ain't doing so well. But that's just my speculation on his show in Vegas, I'm sure he's doing pretty well financially, but then again that's only speculation. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:18 pm 
Penguin

Aside from what people think about Angel (like or dislike), it's good to see the magic community get together in support of magic. As to whether it will help, It can't hurt.

When I saw this, I was wondering if any other positive articles/reviews had been written on Believe. I am sure there have been some, but I don't think many.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:25 pm 
Penguin

After reading the article it wasn't like anyone other than McBride was quoted, even Lance Burton who consulted Angel on one illusion admitted he hadn't even seen the show yet. Sounds like damage control..

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:37 pm 
Penguin

I went to see the show on October 20th and I really enjoyed it. Everyone I spoke with while I was leaving said they liked the show too. Many of the reviews that I read were from people who saw the show in the preview phase (before 10/31) so they saw the show as all the kinks were being worked out and while the show was still being improved and finalized.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:27 pm 
Penguin

I saw the show this past Tuesday and I enjoyed it. It had a lot of illusions in it from his Season 2. David Copperfeild was there the night I wen and was applauding just as the rest of the audience was. After the show Criss said he was honored David was there and David stood up and got a round of applause. I think if there was anything wrong with BeLIEve they must have fixed it. Also Angel didn't sing afterwards as people said he did when they went. Afterwards he said he was going to do a trick that Oprah Said was a camera trick, which was holding up the shett while he was standing on a table, then drop it and he was gone. That's how he ended the show.
During the show he did things such as, levitate, walk down a wall, Metamorphsis, mutiple Dove appearences, Saw in half with no cover, a women crawl throught his body, dissapearing and appearing, 3 seconds later, in the top balcony, mentalism with a women in the audience, a straight jacket escape, and more. So there was a lot of magic in it, in my opinion. There was also dancing and stuff, which was expected in a Cirque show. It's a Cirque show with a magician in it, what else would you expect?