View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 3:57 pm 
Penguin

im not sure if im allowed to say, but theres 2 guys in the giant ice block blain was in, the switch places, the other guy is under the cube and when they go to "refreeze" the ice and all that frost goes in the air, they switch, well thats how i think it goes, i could be wrong

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 6:11 pm 

Razor3487 wrote:
im not sure if im allowed to say, but theres 2 guys in the giant ice block blain was in, the switch places, the other guy is under the cube and when they go to "refreeze" the ice and all that frost goes in the air, they switch, well thats how i think it goes, i could be wrong

How about: David Blaine just stayed in a block of ice for 3 days. If I said it once, I said it a million times. His stunts ARE NOT magic tricks... they are real.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:27 pm 
Penguin

no, im pretty sure too that is what happen b, i heard when they refroze the ice, him and another guy switch places, eat or drink, then go back in the cube, then the other guy eats drinks then he goes back and so on, the buried one and the pillar are real, im sure of that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:26 pm 
Penguin

b-msgic ill write for u because i know u are about to blow up. ok that tv special that u saw that showed how they think they know how to stay in a block of ice was stupid and ignorent. david really is dooing these feats. he practices for days and days. that show was the stupidist one ive seen in a long time. so ill say it one last time HE REALLY WAS IN THE ICE. NO STOOGES OR ANYTHING OK. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:17 pm 

That's what Im saying. He really does do the stunts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:03 pm 
born to perform.

yeh bmagic was right i read his book mysterious stranger, and even got it signed, all his stuns are REAL i mean, i think that there would be some stuff in the newspapers about david blaine being a fake for the stunt since there were like 50 SPECTATORS watching blaine like the whole time... :wink: read his book, watch "frozen in time" "vertigo" street magic magic main or w/e "fearless" (great) and maybe ull be able to respect him a bit more..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:45 pm 
Penguin

[edited] NO EXPOSURE! -Bs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:06 pm 
Penguin

lol sorry didnt think it would be considered as such :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:14 pm 

you were asking people to email it to you.
it's fine you didn't know :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:02 pm 
born to perform.

ya ...you saw that on that exposure show... but remember he was in time square. and on that tv show they had the guy go under the stage. it's true that it would not be freezing cold in the block but he didn't switch with people. it's only 3 days. on the exposure show it was like...7 or something

Post subject: how is this DONE??? (reword)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:15 pm 
born to perform.

dude get book and they show a picture of David and the ice is like 3 in. from the ground. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:20 pm 
born to perform.

just incase someone red that wrong, i'm agreeing that those stunts are not tricks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 7:53 am 
Penguin

Just hypothetical, How many of you could tell the difference between David Blaine and a David Blaine Wax figure with a few Jim Hensonish robotics eyes blinking and nose twinking under a huge block of Ice c'mon buried alive has been done in several methods for decades.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:45 pm 
born to perform.

(sigh) when will u ever learn...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:06 pm 
Penguin

I love blaine, but buried alive is a very old effect and he has simply remade it three times. Buried alive, frozen in ice, standing on a poll. They are all based on the same principle. I understand that many of the magicians who post here are close up or street performers, but any magic lover worth his salt knows that stage performers use these principles every day. He is a street performer who has set himself away from the audience and given himself a "stage" to work his "magic" from. I have never seen these exposes on Blaine that I have been reading about, but I have studied magic for many many years and I do understand that just because it looks like Copperfield is standing in that box, it really isn't him and Doug Henning never really made it snow. It's entertainment. The entertainment of allowing yourself to suspend disbelief. I love it that all of you, whose posts I have read, are marveled by Blaine's stunts. That is what magic is about...and Blaine is a superb magician.
gf

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next