View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: This board is kinda slow.....
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 12:14 am 
Emperor Penguin

For as popular as David Blaine is (or was), this board sure doesn't get much action.....wonder why?

Post subject: Re: This board is kinda slow.....
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 10:07 am 
born to perform.

Most magicains hate him in some way or another. If you go to any other forums as soon as his name is mentioned an arguement almost always erupts.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 2:26 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Wonder why they would hate him though....do you think maybe thay hate him because they're jealous?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 12:03 am 
Penguin

they hate him bc he is a horrible preformer durring his specials they video went threw about 3 months of editing bc he messed the tricks up so much. the ppl reacting to him floating were from a diferent trick he did, that were edited into the proper places of him doing the floating when he realy did the trick 90% of the ppl saw how he did it bc he is a poor preformer. not only that but most the shots of him floating were from a special angel taped later that day when he was hooked to wires on a balance beem that one of his camramen held him up on, to hold him up higher than he realy was. since his first few specials went so horribly he then turned to doing this ice man BS and standing on buildings bc he cant do magic and he knows he cant. the only reason he got a tv special in the first place was bc he grew up with that kid from titanic and he did him a favor so the kids adgent got him a special on tv. this is just a few reason why he is so horrible and ppl like myself dispise him. it disturbes me to think that the youth magicians of today are lookign up to someone who puts such a horrible scar on the magic profession if you would like more reason why just ask me i can go on for pages of reasons. ps i would like to apologize to PM since Blain is such an important part of this site.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 1:03 am 
Emperor Penguin

Whatever!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 3:52 pm 
Penguin

hay im only telling the truth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 1:13 pm 
Penguin

to bowman.davids skills are unbelievable. look at his DL. it is perfect there is no counting just perfection. he even broke his 3rd finger of his left hand to bend perfectly for the perfect mechanics grip.thats dedictation.the man is a great performer as for camera tricks he did that to make people who are watching on TV that he is somebody who has special powers but magicians really know and he performs for laymen who have no idea.when i first seen him levitate i thought WOW if he can do it I can do it I thought it was real and started studying all these scientific books on the brain. then I went on the net and found out it was the balducci levitation I kinda lost respect for a minute but then i saw the light.. the light of deception and now Im in love.!!!thanks man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 4:41 pm 
Penguin

paulyd... he just uses pinky counting and such for his double lifts... I've been focusing on card tricks for a month now and can do virtually every card trick he performs just as well. Trust me, there's not thing to it... especially when you can just edit out times that you screw up :). He is a good performer/actor/persona creator... but his slight of hands skills and creativity leave much to desired.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 8:33 pm 
Penguin

You no what. Your an idiot!:P