View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: David Blaine- New Specials and Stunts
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 6:37 pm 
Penguin

Hey you guys heard of Blaine's new stunt. Unless he backs down from it, this should definitely be the new stunt he's doing. David Blaine is going to be shot with a real gun and real bullets. Blaine said that he would find out the area in the body where least pain and harm to his body would happen and get shot there. No joke. I was just wonderin' if you guys heard of this or any new stunts, specials or even tricks Blaine is workin' on. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 9:25 am 
born to perform.

are you for real?you mean it man? :?

Post subject: FOR REAL
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 9:07 pm 
Penguin

I'm serious. This is da real deal man. David Blaine said this himself somewhere and I remembered it ever since. CAN ANYONE BACK ME UP ON THIS OR TELL ME NEW INFO ON BLAINE'S NEW TRICKS, NEW SPECIALS OR NEW STUNTS???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 9:35 pm 
born to perform.

This sounds like a bad idea... I like David Blaine a lot, and I am sure he can pull this stunt off. However, remember the story of houdini? He said that someone could punch him in the stomach and he would be fine even the person was really strong. Then, not during a performance, he gets punched real hard without time to prepare and he dies. This might happen to Blain - Someone might think that they could just shoot him and he won't get hurt, but I assure you that David is a real person and that if someone does this, he will get hurt.

Post subject: Blaine
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 9:58 pm 
Penguin

Hey don't give people ideas man. LOL. No, but really i don't think that will happen because Blaine would be prepared to tell the veiwers and audience that he can not really take a bullet, but for this stunt it was highly supervised with pros around. People would then know whats goin on, but there might be someone crazy out there.......... PLEASE GIVE ME THOUGHTS OR INFO ON NEW STUNTS, TRICKS OR SPECIALS BLAINE IS PRODUCING. THANKS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 10:03 pm 
born to perform.

yeah, I would think people would have too much respect for Blaine to put a bullet through him, but you never know. Btw, I wasn't trying to give people ideas, but I guess it did come out that way :lol: . PLEASE DON'T SHOOT DAVID!!! I didn't mean it that way :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 10:45 pm 
Penguin

another thing to consider is you have to get marksman or else he might miss. if he hit a bulls eye 99/100 times then david could be very unlucky to be that 1 time. Or do u think is pre positioned in a rack or sumthin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 11:27 pm 
Penguin

in blaines book i think its at da beginning of wun of the chapters he talks about a magician who caught a bullet wit his teeth didnt he?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 11:33 pm 
born to perform.

I don't know about Blaine's book but the famous bullet-catcher is Chung Ling Soo. He was an American, but pretended he was Chinese.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:03 am 

I've heard that Blaine was going to do something like this...where he would stop the bullet in his skin before it actually went all the way through or something to that effect.

But then again, I've also heard he was going to do something while jumping off the Brooklin Bridge. Go figure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:42 am 
Penguin

Just a note : In Blaine's book he talks about Robert Houdin's exploits with some arab magician and how he uses a magic trick ( the catching a bullet in his teeth effect) to help settle down a political dispute.

This could lead up to mearly speculation but, David Blaine talks about getting shot at by bullets on his message board at his website. He also talks about wanting to re-inact a ressurection style production. So we may just see him attempt to get show and fake his death or something like that. You have to remember David Blaine says he was heavily influenced by Jesus Christ, although he believes Jesus was nothing more than a magician. So if this is the case and he intends this, don't be surprized if many people get offended.

-Brandon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:50 am 
born to perform.

i remeber hearing something about this and from what i now he is not going to do this (i could be wrong though). from my knowledge david is going to go to some river (i think its the hudson) and wear like extremely heavy boots and be shackled and chained and in a strait jacket and fall into the river. he will have like 5 min to escape. if you ask me that doesn't sound that exciting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:39 am 
Penguin

Smar99-

David talked about this in his book, but opted to do the vertigo stunt instead. He talked to some magicians and came to the conclusion that simple is better. He made statements in his book about how people remember you better if you do something they can sum up in one sentence i.e., putting your hand through a window. Least thats the example he sited.

Post subject: Faked Death
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:06 pm 
Penguin

Blaine could really be faking his death. Rem da rapper 2Pac. I believe he is still alive and comin. back on Sep.13th from so much proof put together. Anywayz 2Pac was a fan of Niccolo Machiavelli, and read his books many times. 2Pac lata called himself Makaveli (same pronunciation, diff. spelling). Machiavelli taught faking one's death to fool the enemy. Anywayz on page 210 in da bac of Blaine's book, he has a sec. on da bottom that sayz Books of Interest; one being The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli. Makes you think did 2Pac and now Blaine think of fakin their deaths. For more on the 2Pac- Machiavelli; check out this website http://ewsonline.com/2pac/alive.html and look at Reason 1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:11 pm 
born to perform.

Hey thanks, Street_Magic. Even though it's a bit off-topic, the rumors surrounding Tupac's death have always interested me. :)