View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: David Blaine think Jesus Christ was a magician?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 10:11 pm 
Penguin

i read this in another post can anyone give me more info about this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 10:29 pm 
Emperor Penguin

So what! A lot of the people here think David Blaine is Jesus Christ. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 2:09 am 
Penguin

LOL :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:22 am 
Penguin

I've never heard of him saying that. But if he did, then he just got to a whole new level of dumbness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:32 am 
born to perform.

thats stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:38 am 
born to perform.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:42 am 
Penguin

Quote:
So what! A lot of the people here think David Blaine is Jesus Christ.

ROTFLMAO!!! OMG! Survey Says, Ding! Number one answer! Props to Frijid_Pinks for having the cojones to put that on the board. Thanks for the wake up call, Mick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 9:07 am 
Penguin

Check out David's website for a link to his message group. Yes he does think that Jesus was a magician. Many liberal scholars and weekend historians think the same. Most Christians don't know much about the time frame and history that Jesus lived in.

You see Jesus grew up in Egypt. That was for the most part the magic capital of the world. Many magical practices happened there. And what historians do is the essentially contrast and compare facts and represent Jesus (this goes for any historical figure) to help represent their own beliefs and political views. So for example when Jesus spat on the ground and made the mud to rub on the mans eyes to cure his blindness, this mimicked what was known as Egyptian saliva magic. Jesus actually gave this practice some credibility when he was using it.

More or less Jesus did miracles that mimmicked magical practices in my opinon, because they where known to people and where less intensive. When you claim what He did, people where even leary of His words, none the less His actions. Personally Jesus' miracles are not the things that made me believe in Him. It's His words, and several events in my life. You must remember skeptics are out to prove anything that seems like myth wrong. So Jesus is no exception.

So David Blaine is not really a unique person for this view. I'm quite sure Penn and Teller believe the same ( because they are atheist) , as well as David Copperfield ( Because he is Jewish.)

Just a side note there is much evidence to prove Jesus' miracles from a array of sources, both pro and con. If this is something you are interested in you may want to research it further. But I must warn you. If you are not strong in your faith, or are not willing to read many books on this topic you will most likely read information from liberal scholars. History has been rewritten for the masses, and most book stores carry books on this subject that degredate Jesus and His works. You have to really be a weekend historian and be willing to read some scholarly texts. If you need any further information let me know. I can give you some good sources for books if you are interested. - Brandon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:11 pm 
Penguin

hey i think thats not stupit i think god was a magician. and who knows if thier was a god. today pepole belive everthing they see.

------------jose--------------

:D
smileyface wrote:
thats stupid
[b[/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 8:13 pm 
Site Admin

Let him believe what he wants, if he doesn't want to believe the truth, those that do know what awaits him. And there is no magic that will get him out of that bind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 8:18 pm 
born to perform.

Blaine is smarter than that. smarter than you all think...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:18 pm 

rucusoner wrote:
Blaine is smarter than that. smarter than you all think...

and you know this how?
people can be decieving about throwing "facts" around

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:48 pm 
born to perform.

well honestly my aunt is a personal friend of Blaine for about 8 years. He took my cousin out for a her B-day and she told me much about him. He is a very smart person, very spiritual. He enjoys reading(as most of you already know) and my cousin has told me how amazing his book collection is...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:53 pm 

may be smart but could be wrong... trust me many a science nerd I knew made outlandish claims and tasted their foot.

The hope I have is from no magician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:01 pm 
born to perform.

im not saying you have to look at Blaine as religious figure, but what i was trying too say is that Baine is smart enough not to infor people that he is Jesus. People are reading rumors about this and are questioning if its true or not. im saying its not ossible because i have been in conntact from people who have met him on a personal level. and know that he wouldn't do such a thing...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next