View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:55 am 
born to perform.

spaden32 wrote:
My theory is that theories are not the kind of thing that can be proven or disproven. Theories are explanations. Theoretically, the number of explanations for any event is unlimited. However, some explanations are more plausible than others. For example, if the Mona Lisa were discovered in someone's cellar which of the following explanations would you think is most plausible?

(a) human beings physically removed and made an unauthorized transfer of the painting
(b) aliens from another planet removed and transferred the painting
(c) the painting appeared miraculously in the cellar
(d) the painting was transferred there by Uri Gellar using only the power of his mind to manipulate physical reality (psychokinesis)

I maintain that of these four explanations, theft is more plausible than extraterrestrial, miraculous or psychic event. I think any reasonable person would agree. I hope you would agree. We may never be able to prove theory (a), but it is still the most plausible and reasonable.

Likewise with evolution vs. creationism: evolution is a more plausible and reasonable explanation of species than is special creation. We can't prove either theory.

My theory is that religious writings such as the Bible originated for spiritual and social purposes, not to teach science. But if one wants to treat Genesis as if it were a scientific theory and match it with natural selection, I think any reasonable person, skeptic or not, would select natural selection as more plausible

I cant believe that ANYONE would think that evolution make more sense than creation please check out answersingenisis.com

If we came from monkeys why don't anyone have monkeys as kids every now and then? 50% of my genes are exactly the same as a banana but I don't look like that. Why cant we re create one molucule out of nothing!!! Even Einstien one of the greatest minds in the world came up with the 2nd law of thermo dynamics which proves God exists.

Why did the public school system in the state of Kansas(and other states) stop teaching evolution and start teaching more about creation because itmake more sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:16 pm 
born to perform.

check out www.christiananswers.net

put anything about religion on the search engine it is a HUGE sight lots of questions and study can come out of this sight.

second check out www.answersingenesis.org

lots of stuff on evolution vs creation from many Doctors, Scholors and Professors with lot of FACTS for you to go through!!!

if that is not enough free stuff for you to go through I challange you to go on to www.equip.org

you will see studies, facts, therioes that are free that will educate and feed your minds check out and post back what you think unless you are just to scared to read the truth......

NOW LET TALK ABOUT SOME MAGIC :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:02 pm 
Penguin

Dinotech,

I applaud your approach, and sense of reasoning.

There is far more scientific evidence out there to support 'christian' views, than most people realize. In an age of scientific enlightenment, we now realize the true complexity of such things as the eyeball, and the human egg. These things were already placed into a 'black box' category by Darwin hundreds of years ago. I too strongly encourage people to investigate and find answers for themselves. Study what is really out there, and what really is not out there regarding such topics.

It interesting that most people would look at a simple hunk of rock like Mt. Rushmore, and know that it had a creator and did not evolve to its current state over millions of years. And yet many of these same people would dismiss the possibility of 'intelligent design', and accept that something as deeply complex as life it self, was pure random chance. But don't simply take my word for it.....go find out for yourself.

Post subject: Chill out
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:37 pm 
Penguin

Does it really matter what David Blaine thinks about Jesus? Just because the guy is in the public eye doesn't mean he is more accountable than anybody else. Remember, that's why there are non christians in existence: because not everyone believes it. How about a little bit of that famous christian tolerence here?
Do you believe mohammed was a prophet or that the Buddha achieved enlightenment? How about Ganesh, the many armed hindu god?
In short, it doesn't matter what Blaine or anyone else thinks about any religion, because they all have different beliefs and none can be proven right or wrong, so let's all just agree to believe what we believe and let others do the same.

Deal?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:45 pm 
Penguin

P.S.- Of course everything has to be created, but the law of thermodynamics only proves that a catalyst would be needed to start everything as we know it. A phenomena that could be considered God, but certainly not the God described by most religions. There is no definite proof of god, but there is no way to disprove god either. The human brain is probably still too primitive to fathom any kind of divine being before death anyway.
Anyway, the moral is, just believe it or don't believe it, but whether others do or not should surely be their own business.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:47 pm 
born to perform.

spangle.... I GIVE UP!!! You did not obviously goto any of my websites I listed I would beg you to go to them on my previous post or let me send you a free book.
God has already been proven so has Jesus

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10