View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:59 pm 
Penguin

Hey, U logical people, think about this...

For Jesus to have been a magician he would have had to gimmick his walking on watter, right? They had no king of oxygen mask, so how could anyone have set up say a platform underwater. Think, they didn't have alot of technology. When one of u can explain to me how someone can have a platform so undistinguishable that wave can come up and down around it and disciple couldn't see it, then walk OFF THE BACK OF THE BOAT (WHERE THEY'VE ALREADY TRAVELED) and walk on water, or another method of doing it...I'll be sceptical.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:08 am 
born to perform.

were is the proof that this happened and don t say his freinds have seen him because they were probely in on it and i could tell you a way he could of walked on water but that would be expossing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 1:38 am 
Penguin

Ok this is What I belive and want to say

Ive relized that almost ever religion has a God and a Profet. Like Jews belive that aberham (which was born 3000 years before Jesus ) and he talked about god and to be good. Then Jesus came around and he said he was the Son of God and people started to follow him. Then about 600 years latter. A man named muhammed and he talked about god and all and said he was the New profet or something like that.

Then I thought was if It was the same GOD and Profet for all of them. just differnt versions but still all the same thing and belive to be good in life and stuff. Its just a thought

Also Im Calthlic (IM very bad at spelling) and I belive if your a good person and do the right things in Life and it doest matter what you belive in you will still go to heaven. Because I thought it would be unfair that a person that was born musslim or jewish or Christen or what ever then died and Relized sorry you where born into the wrong religion tuff luck.
Even though you where a VERY kind and nice person and gave and did all this nice and lived a good life but sorry wrong religion. That wouldent be fair to everone on earth and think it would be wrong.

What im trying to say is if you live a good life and are a kind nice person and enjoy being alive. No matter what religion you belive in you will still enjoy a good afterlife.

P.S what bugs me is when people go if you dont belive in Christen or whatever your going to edited. Its like how do YOU Know I bet everbody says that if you dont follow there own religion all the other will go to edited.
I mean we ALL well just never know intill we die because nobody really knows......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:06 pm 
Penguin

J78, do you realize that all of these friends you mention of Jesus actually died for their belief in him. Every single person in that boat was either stoned, hung, had their head chopped off or was crucified themselves for their belief that he was the Son of God. Now, think about that for a minute. Do you really think these people would have been willing to die for a lie? SOMEONE would have cracked. Besides the Bible also states in that story that Peter walked out on the water to Jesus. Now if you know anything about the personality of Peter (which is easy if you read the Bible) you would know that Peter couldn't keep a seceret if his like depended on it.

MagicFreak44, I can understand you skepticism and you frustrations at the apparent "unfairness" of the Christian doctrine. I used to feel the exact same way. I used to believe the "if you are a good person, you're going to heaven" stuff. But one day someone said to me "You know, what basis do you have to believe that? Other than it's what you WANT to believe?. Just because you WANT it to be so doesn't mean it is. You're going to be dead a lot longer than you're going to be alive. And if you're wrong about this 'God - thing' then your eternity is really going to suck!" So I set out to figure it out myself. I studied the Bible, its history, its authors, its accuracy (there has never been one "missed" or wrong prophecy in the Bible, and there has never been a single archeological find to disprove anything in it., etc.) Here is what I found: The Bible says that there is no one "good, but One" (Mathew 19:17). It also says that all of our "good deeds are like filthy rags in front of a Holy and Righteous God" (Isiah 64:6) I also found that the Ten Commandments (the Law) were given to us to show us just how un-holy we are. It defines sin, and sin seperates man from God. Have you kept the Ten Commandments? I can tell you I'm a Christian and I broke thre of them today!!!

I know I've overstayed my welcome already and probably have most of you are ready to rip my head off. But I can't leave until I say this last thing. Christianity is the only religion that says "you can not EARN your way into heaven". Every other way says you have to do this and this and that and that and if you are GOOD enough (which no one ever can be) then you go to heaven. Christianity says " God knows you can't make it on your own, that's why his son took the punisment for our sins, (if you accept it - but you have to accept it Ephesians 2:8-9)

I know this is not the forum for this type of post, but I figued the moderator let it go on this long.........

Thanks

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:23 am 
Penguin

I say live out your life the best as you know how. I don't believe that God will hold us responsible for something that we didn't know about. I believe that God is a just God, meaning that he won't be unfair. We're all born under different circumstances, into different religions, different countries, different families and so on. God obviously understands this. I also believe that God has one church and one church only. Why would God, being perfect, have more than one church? He is a God of order. And I also believe that through that church only, you'll enter into his kingdom. Many people will think that this is unfair. But, like I said before, God is just. I believe that everyone will get an equal opportunity to become a part of this church. Everyone will have an equal opportunity to accept or reject. If not during this life, then in the afterlife. Isn't that fair? I think it is.
I don't think it's right to tell people to believe this or you'll go to edited. There's only one judge, and nobody here is that judge. Everyone will have a chance to hear the truth and make a decision. Nobody is doomed just because they were born into a certain religion. That's just my two cents.