View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: What trick is at the open of his TV SHow?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 4:12 am 
born to perform.

I know I asked this on general board already but:

At the open of his TV special, he flips through a deck of cards
and ask you to choose one. My wife and I both chose
the four of hearts and it was correct.

Is this just a special deck or what he uses?

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 8:25 am 
Penguin

No, it is not a special deck. It uses a regular deck of 52 playing cards. If you have the video of David Blaine performing this, try putting the speed in slow motion when he flips through the cards. You can probably tell how it was done by then. It is kind of like a psychological trick. PM me if you dont understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 4:18 pm 
born to perform.

the cards are gimmiked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:36 pm 
born to perform.

Please.... the cards aren't gimmicked in any way. I think the explanation is fairly obvious. Think about it: watch it several times; why do you always just see one card and only that card? I think the answer is fairly straightforward. It is a mental force, Ray Kosby uses it in Impossible Card Magic. It's a pyschological thing. It can be done with any deck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:25 pm 
Penguin

It is done with a single gimmicked card. That's how blaine did it, and that's how everyone I have ever met that is good with cards does it.

You can also do it a way without a gimmicked card, but it isn't anywhere near 100%. It's probably the way most of you first thought it was done, I know it's the first thing I thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:22 am 
Penguin

There are several ways to do a thought force in the same manner that David had performed. Both gimmick and non-gimmick...

One is obviously harder than the other.

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:53 am 
born to perform.

Been working on it and did watch it on CD Rom a number of times.
Still not 100 percent yet:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:06 am 
born to perform.

Shibaz wrote:
It is done with a single gimmicked card. That's how blaine did it, and that's how everyone I have ever met that is good with cards does it.

You can also do it a way without a gimmicked card, but it isn't anywhere near 100%. It's probably the way most of you first thought it was done, I know it's the first thing I thought.

I don't want to turn this into a debate, but no, Blaine did it with a normal deck of cards, doing it with a gimmicked card is redundant. I've never ever seen anyone do this with a gimmicked card unless they are using a forcing deck, that is.

Watch it several times. It is a mental force. I think it was called the Optical Riffle Force. It's a fact that when you riffle a deck of cards, you slow down right at the very end.

When I perform this mental force, I have never had anyone tell me that they saw a different card. So, to me, it is 100% accurate - technically, it isn't, but when i perform it, and I've used a mental force thousands of times - it has never failed. Not to sound arrogant or anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:18 pm 
Penguin

the trick is called a snap change and no there is no gimmicks
:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 4:35 pm 

You can do the trick both gimmicked and non-gimmicked. Honestly, arguing about it is dumb being that none of us are going to know whether the one card in the deck was gimmicked or not. It's not like you can tell. LOL.

I think forever it will be DB only who truly knows. Who cares anyway?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:42 pm 
born to perform.

i do

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:55 pm 
Penguin

be quiet i am trying to read :!: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 1:14 pm 
born to perform.

lfkwee wrote:
Shibaz wrote:

I don't want to turn this into a debate, but no, Blaine did it with a normal deck of cards, doing it with a gimmicked card is redundant. I've never ever seen anyone do this with a gimmicked card unless they are using a forcing deck, that is.

Watch it several times. It is a mental force. I think it was called the Optical Riffle Force. It's a fact that when you riffle a deck of cards, you slow down right at the very end.

When I perform this mental force, I have never had anyone tell me that they saw a different card. So, to me, it is 100% accurate - technically, it isn't, but when i perform it, and I've used a mental force thousands of times - it has never failed. Not to sound arrogant or anything.

Shibaz is right, Blaine does do the trick with a gimmiked card. He tells of the non-gimmiked way in his book, but that is not the one he performs on his show.

Post subject: Force of Thought
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 1:09 am 
born to perform.

Read a good review on FORCE OF THOUGHT deck by Charles Reynolds and this is on my wish list.......

Does anyone know anything about Force of THought? Details said spec sees TWO cards, wondering if it can be done with just ONE like Blaine did with 4H. Also you can use this on two spec at one time "seeing" different cards.

Thanks

Last edited by sapolice on Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:30 am 
born to perform.

cowboy4ever wrote:
lfkwee wrote:
Shibaz wrote:

Shibaz is right, Blaine does do the trick with a gimmiked card. He tells of the non-gimmiked way in his book, but that is not the one he performs on his show.

He doesn't teach any method of the force in his book. This can go on forever... as B_Magic said, only DB will know... but I still stick to my decision that he didn't use a gimmicked deck. THink for yourselves, people.