View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 3:25 pm 
Emperor Penguin

wiliby11 wrote:
After his "Frozen in Time" stunt he had to be taken to the hospital...

Like I said, I'm a bit skeptical...

Would you happen to know the name of the hospital? His treatment and stay should be a matter of public record. If you can tell me I'll see if I can get info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:33 pm 
Penguin

Frijid_Pink wrote:
Abstract_Angel wrote:
I don't know if this is real enough for everyone , but Blaine was sent the papers by Guinness World Records for his Vertigo stunt. And there happens to be footage of David shot from various angels for the WHOLE TIME!! I suppose most people know how "easy" it is to break world records...

I think most people are frauds themselves for trying to pull the wool over other peoples eyes when it comes to their blatant ignorance.

YOU SEARCHED FOR: david blaineWE FOUND : 0 recordsCan't find what your looking for?
This site features only a selection of the 40,000 records in the Guinness World Records database.

Hey Mr. Pink, You should read David's book. He speaks on this subject. Again I say he was SENT the papers. I never said he FILED Them. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 8:36 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Abstract_Angel wrote:
Hey Mr. Pink, You should read David's book. He speaks on this subject. Again I say he was SENT the papers. I never said he FILED Them. :wink:

Whatever. I still remain skeptical until further proof. You would think that if someone set a Guiness record that their name would automatically be entered into the records without having to "FILE" papers!!! Oh well, you believe without proof, and I don't. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 10:20 pm 
Penguin

David is a performer. No one can stand with their skin next to ice for very long. See how long you can do it. Where did his pee go, as Im sure he had to urinate. Where did his crap go, as I'm sure over all those days he would need to take a dump. If he really stood in a sealed block of ice, it should have been full of urine and crap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 10:26 pm 
born to perform.

I have to say I am with Frijid on this one, I am also skeptical. I have no dislike of the man but I would need solid proof....i.e. standing in front of him watching every moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 7:22 am 
Penguin

I would recommend that all you skeptics go to your library and read from his book about these topics. Most likely won't answer your questions, but will give you the information to ask the questions that would shed light to what you want to know.

As for where did David's body functions go, He fasted seven days before most of the tricks and has a catheter put in.

Post subject: Re: David Blaine could be a fruad with stunts........
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 8:21 am 
Penguin

magicmanxp wrote:
Frozen in Time: On that free site they said Blaine had a trape door and he and his friend Bill would switch out around 6 am when there was no on lookers and when the spread the ice they were not spying it with dry ice but with a fire etinisher.

Buried Alive: When there was no onlookers he and his friend Bill swictehd palced. How? Bu some secret path into a rom just big enough to strecth.

this is true i saw a show that revelead it. and that how

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:54 pm 
born to perform.

Why in the edited would you fake these stunts when they are far from impossible??? 7 days without food and water? Any Ethiopian could do that. Stand in a block of ice? I'll get someone from Siberia to do that! And as far as standing in one place for a ridiculous amount of time, anyone in the military can do it! The only thing these stunts require is preperation. I stayed up fo 72 hours strait once, no coffee, no drugs, and on my feet the whole time working.

Oh yeah, and jumping 80 ft into cardboard boxes? I suppose halfway down he switched with his friend Bill or whoever.

Post subject: Re: David Blaine could be a fruad with stunts........
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 4:03 pm 
Emperor Penguin

miko wrote:
magicmanxp wrote:
Frozen in Time: On that free site they said Blaine had a trape door and he and his friend Bill would switch out around 6 am when there was no on lookers and when the spread the ice they were not spying it with dry ice but with a fire etinisher.

Buried Alive: When there was no onlookers he and his friend Bill swictehd palced. How? Bu some secret path into a rom just big enough to strecth.

this is true i saw a show that revelead it. and that how

I saw that show too, that's one of the reasons I'm so skeptical. That show may not have shown the exact ways Blaine did those stunts...but it certainly offered some very good explanations as to how the stunts could have been done. I prefer to believe those explanations rather than to be gullible enough to think he done them for real. After all, Blaine is in the business of deception and trickery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:56 am 
Penguin

Buried alive is an old stunt that has been done before and will be done again. Standing in one place, yes that can be done. But no way you can stand with your skin in contact with ice. It is not possible for as long as Blaine did it.

Was the amazing Randi there? No.

Was it under test condidtions? No.

Was it made for TV? Yes.

Does David make good TV specials? For the most part yes.

When he levitates for the kid on the Fearless DVD in the extras then collapses on the ground screaming in agony, begging and ordering the kid to get help, well whats that about? Do you think that was real? Do you think his pain was real?

Let me tell you it wasn't. Pretty poorly acted too, but thats just my opinion. I still found it entertaining, entertaining enough to buy his DVD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:17 am 
born to perform.

immortaldusk wrote:
Why in the edited would you fake these stunts when they are far from impossible??? 7 days without food and water? Any Ethiopian could do that. Stand in a block of ice? I'll get someone from Siberia to do that! And as far as standing in one place for a ridiculous amount of time, anyone in the military can do it! The only thing these stunts require is preperation. I stayed up fo 72 hours strait once, no coffee, no drugs, and on my feet the whole time working.

Oh yeah, and jumping 80 ft into cardboard boxes? I suppose halfway down he switched with his friend Bill or whoever.

Lol, not anyone in the military, I have seen several people fall out because they look their knees and cut off circulation. I attended a Cheif's retirement which took 4 bloody hours and we had to stand at attention 3/4 the time and parade rest the other time. Have'nt volunteered for another retirement cermony since.[/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:56 am 
Emperor Penguin

Adam2k wrote:
immortaldusk wrote:

Lol, not anyone in the military, I have seen several people fall out because they look their knees and cut off circulation. I attended a Cheif's retirement which took 4 bloody hours and we had to stand at attention 3/4 the time and parade rest the other time. Have'nt volunteered for another retirement cermony since.[/b]

Exactly. You just reminded me of the time I was stationed at Ft. Campbell, Kentucky when once we had some sort of parade for the General of the base. We were in formation either at attention or parade rest for nearly 5 hours because of some kind of delay of the General arriving in a helicopter. Highly trained Soldiers in perfect physical condition were falling out left and right. I'm just glad I wasn't among those who did. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:19 am 
Penguin

Quote:
Frozen in Time: he was 6 inches off the ground, there was nowhere to go
Am I the only person to notice that the ice was on a base that was 8 inches thick?

Quote:
Buried alive: HE WAS UNDERGROUND! where could he have gone
?

Ever watch hogans heros?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:41 am 
born to perform.

lol, ok not everyone in the military. :D I think it's funny when people fall out. But still, you get the point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:43 pm 
Penguin

as for falling onto cardboard boxes, there's nothing extraordinary about that. it's a standard practice in the stunt industry to use cardboard boxes to break a fall.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next