View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:36 pm 
Emperor Penguin

djmick wrote:
Quote:
Frozen in Time: he was 6 inches off the ground, there was nowhere to go
Am I the only person to notice that the ice was on a base that was 8 inches thick?

Quote:
Buried alive: HE WAS UNDERGROUND! where could he have gone
?

Ever watch hogans heros?

And what was under that base?...I wonder, a trap door perhaps, where he and a double could switch places!

Not only Hogan's Heros, but movies like The Great Escape and other tunnel escape type movies.

C'mon people....you don't really beleive Blaine pulled of those stunts for real do you? You don't really beleive he did those things without some kind of aid, trickery and deception do you? It's his business to trick and deceive us...that's what he does.

Post subject: Re: Blaine
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:29 pm 
born to perform.

magic2323 wrote:
My friend acually worked for him. All of his stunts are fake. (unlike lance burton) Ice man was not ice on ice it was ice on glass. He was straped in and ect. Just thought you should know. :(

if it was ice on glass, then why was he soaked when he came out of the ice block???

and I am sure the pole he was standing on was really an elevator so he could switch with bill, right frijid?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 9:07 pm 
Penguin

no when they suposobly spray the ice with more ice he got the double to stand behind him then he would slowly go down a least thats what i saw on a tv show.

--MARK--

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 3:00 am 
Emperor Penguin

cowboy4ever wrote:
magic2323 wrote:
My friend acually worked for him. All of his stunts are fake. (unlike lance burton) Ice man was not ice on ice it was ice on glass. He was straped in and ect. Just thought you should know. :(

if it was ice on glass, then why was he soaked when he came out of the ice block??? Effect....like I said, Blaine is in the business of making the his audience beleive he did it!

and I am sure the pole he was standing on was really an elevator so he could switch with bill, right frijid? Can't really comment on that one since I didn't see it. I don't know how he did it, but I'm 100% sure that some kind of trickery was involved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 8:27 am 

The only thing I have to say is that if DB was switching in the underwater deal...he must have been purposely not switching when I or any of my buddies were standing overtop him, looking at him clear as day.

He must have switched during on of the times I wasn't around...but before another spectator came up and was staring at right at him. Would be hard to do, since almost everytime I was around there were tons more people looking at him too.

And I can garuntee there was no switch on the pole he was standing on.

Even if somehow there was a switch/trickery involved....then we all got to give it up to David Blaine, even above many other pro magic guys on TV. I watch other guys in real life and on TV, and about 80% of the time I catch what's going on, figure it out, or follow something about the trick...no matter who its been. If DB is pulling the wool over my eyes with his stunts...he's darn good to have me never catch him. He should then stick to his stunts...since his magic I catch all the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 1:12 pm 
Penguin

this is the question that questions me, where does he go pee and take a dump?? i dont think he did it in his pants

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 2:17 pm 
born to perform.

tripper1425 wrote:
this is the question that questions me, where does he go pee and take a dump?? i dont think he did it in his pants

Go out and read his book, it explains it all. There is also a picture in there of david in the block of ice. He is on a platform that is about 8 inches or more ABOVE the ground. He was in the middle of times square (I think that's where it was), was there a trapdoor in the concrete? I don't think so. I agree that david uses camara trickery, but I don't think that he does in any of his stunts. They aren't magic tricks, they are stunts that's all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 4:33 pm 
Penguin

I watch shows on tv all the time like "magic revealed" and all the crap.
It showed that the ice stunt that there was a room just big enuff to fit 1 person with a small tv and food. but there could have not been one in concrete.his levitations are nothing but lots of editing and camera trickery. :roll: sometimes you wonder if he i a real magician or just a publicity stunt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 5:30 pm 
born to perform.

thephantom wrote:
I watch shows on tv all the time like "magic revealed" and all the crap.
It showed that the ice stunt that there was a room just big enuff to fit 1 person with a small tv and food. but there could have not been one in concrete.his levitations are nothing but lots of editing and camera trickery. :roll: sometimes you wonder if he i a real magician or just a publicity stunt.

but the one where they reveal the ice stunt, the base is much bigger than blaine's. There is not enough room for even the littlest compartment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 5:36 pm 
Emperor Penguin

B_Magic wrote:
....then we all got to give it up to David Blaine,..... If DB is pulling the wool over my eyes with his stunts...he's darn good to have me never catch him. He should then stick to his stunts...since his magic I catch all the time.

Yes, I agree...we do have to give it up Blaine, he has deceived/tricked us...like I said, that's what he does, that's his business. And He's good at it...but that doesn't necessarily mean that his stunts are done for real. It's his business to trick us into to beleiving what he's doing is real.

If he's pulled the wool over our eyes then he has been successful.

All I'm saying is...don't be so naive and gullible as to think he's fooling you without the use of deception and trickery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 5:48 pm 
born to perform.

thephantom wrote:
sometimes you wonder if he i a real magician or just a publicity stunt.

I guess I just don't get it. He's as real a magician as anyone here but has made a much bigger name for himself. Congratulations to Blaine!

Or all of you guys doing REAL magic?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:27 pm 
Penguin

you know what magic2323 you just wrong if his stunts are fake explain this who did he jump huh did you think he fake jump or what.

magic2323 wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:40 pm 
born to perform.

This thread bothers me, because it seems everyone is trying to change the opposing side's views, and guess what....nobody is going to change their mind. So I am just going to look forward to seeing what DB has in store for next time. When he's done his next amazing stunt, you can all argue about that too.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:42 pm 
Emperor Penguin

magicboy2003 wrote:
who did he jump huh

LOL :lol: I'm afraid none of us know who he jumped. :lol: LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:46 pm 
Emperor Penguin

immortaldusk wrote:
When he's done his next amazing stunt, you can all argue about that too.

OK, we will...and thanks for your permission. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next