View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: explanation needed
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:49 pm 
born to perform.

ok i read an articleon Blaines site and there was a part that interested me... i don't know if i read it wrong or if its exactly as i think it is. can someone clear this up and explain what is being said...

"Stardom was fun. There was a string of high octane, incredibly beautiful girlfriends, including singer Fiona Apple, supermodel Josie Maran, actress Daryl Hannah and possibly even Madonna. Stardom wasn't such fun. He fell out with DiCaprio at one point; later, he took too many drugs.

"I tried everything. Everything going, ever since I was 15. It is important to experiment. But I think you learn a respect for life. If you smoke or snort anything, I suppose you are trying to ignore some sort of pain within you."

Today he takes no coffee, no alcohol, no cigarettes, no drugs and his girlfriend is a model called Manon von Gerkan. She can't be thrilled about her boyfriend starving himself for six weeks, but Blaine is not bothered.

is blaine saying t hat he tried all types of drugs :shock: since i idolize Blaine, it makes me look at him diferently and instead of the cool layback intelegent person i think he is, it makes me think he is a strange character...the entire article was pretty interesting though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:16 pm 

well he did learn a good lesson though, some must learn the hard way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:59 pm 
Penguin

I don't think it should come as a surprise that Blaine did drugs. I mean, he was the magic darling of the Hollywood scene, so to speak, right? I'm sure he's seen alot of things at all of those Hollywood parties that he went to with Leo DiCaprio (in the early 90's when he was causing a buzz amongst Hollywood's elite). And much like the glamour and glitz lifestyle dictates, I'm sure he's done alot of things as well (he has the fame, the money, the women. I mean, it comes with the territory and is virtually unavoidable). Case in point, when he was on the Howard Stern Show (a while back when he was still going out with Josie), he talked about how he and Josie like to go to strip clubs, check out women, and sometimes take them home with them (that will come as a shock to some of his fans, but that's what he said). And I won't even get into the whole P. Posse thing which consisted of Blaine, Leo and Q-Tip (P. is short for another word that I obviously cannot state on these boards). Although I admire the guy, I never once saw him as this wise magical god. I was aware of the lifestyle that he lived. Of course, there's no mention of this lifestyle in his book since he is in character for most of the book (and also it would be inappropriate material for youngsters to read and non-conducive to his portrayal of a mysterious stranger). I'm just being realistic. But I would definitely be interested in reading a book where Blaine tells all, out of character and no holds barred (but that will never happen as he needs to maintain his godly public image...and of course, his personal life is none of our business). Regardless, he is the man, a really cool guy, and I enjoy watching his magic and admire him for what he has accomplished (and I wouldn't mind hanging out with him at a party either). And now that he's become disillusioned with the Hollywood lifestyle that he's lived for the past 12 or so years, it will be interesting to see what he has in store for the future with this new mind state of his (starting with his new stunt).