View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 4:57 am 
born to perform.

but david copperfield doesn't do anything.
He relys on the mirrors and smoke, blaine on the otherhand does the effects himself.

Post subject: Re: blaine is a fraud
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:10 am 
born to perform.

zantium2999 wrote:
well you see he tells you that this is all in your face on the street magic...
then you find out half a levitation is done in a studio with wires and then they show you reactions of spectatores who saw the balducci

i'll tell you, if you claim to do all the magic on the street and even going as far as saying he doesn't use trick photography....well don't lie

he would still have my respect if the levitation that they show the t.v. audiance was the same one he showed to the peaple on the street

any ways thats my 2 cents :evil:

thats not how the trick was done

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:13 am 
born to perform.

nathanjay wrote:
db edits out all the tricks that goes wrong like when he does those tricks that just depend on perecentage and statistics. others like david copperfield do it in front of a live audience

right ok then copperfields audience is real.i highly dought that he has a live audience all the time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 10:19 am 
born to perform.

I don't think that Blaine gets his mistakes edited. He probably doesn't make that many. He is after all a professional magician. I'm not saying either, that gravity doesn't work against him, I'm simply saying that there probably aren't mistakes made.

That being said, I do believe that Blaine's specials are edited for maximum reactions and impact. Never have I seen anyone say "That was just ok" The reactions are usually cussing or OMG or big reactions and facial expressions.

Just my HO
Responsible replies are welcome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:53 am 
Penguin

Of course Blaine gets his mistakes "edited". They just don't show the tricks that go wrong. Though, as you said, he is a pro, he probably makes very few.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:58 pm 
born to perform.

ok, let me put it this way, if you were making a tv special, would you put your mistakes in it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:43 pm 
born to perform.

cowboy4ever wrote:
ok, let me put it this way, if you were making a tv special, would you put your mistakes in it?

lol. good call.

anyways, this whole thread is TOTAL BS. David is the reason that many of us are here, why does everyone feel the need to bash him? He edits one trick, I repeat one trick. Half of the people who criticize him can't even perform a DL, lol and david is a sufficient card handler at least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:18 pm 

nathanjay wrote:
db edits out all the tricks that goes wrong like when he does those tricks that just depend on perecentage and statistics. others like david copperfield do it in front of a live audience

You either don't watch copperfield a lot, or you are completely oblivious to other people's performances.

Hint: Copperfield isn't always what he seems to be. Sure you might be sitting in the audience watching, but know that many of his tricks are edited, staged, all that. (When you see Copperfield go to Hawaii or whatever...yeah, that's staged and edited several times).

What I don't get, is all these haters on DB about how things are staged or edited or faked on TV, but then no one ever acknowledges that almost 90% of pro stage magic is nothing but wires, stooges, stages effects, and editing. Most stage magic guys don't really DO a whole lot, really just put on an act while using a bunch of pre-made gizmos and illusions that do all the work. They aren't in anyway better than anything DB has done.

DB's levitation was faked???? Who cares? Newsflash: No magicians do a "real" levitation. It's true! Copperfields levitation is fake too! He's not really flying!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 7:36 pm 

cowboy4ever wrote:
he edits one trick and that is the levetation.

do I sense a bit of jealousy picklefoot?

LOL so true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 3:48 pm 
born to perform.

Quote:
DB's levitation was faked???? Who cares? Newsflash: No magicians do a "real" levitation. It's true! Copperfields levitation is fake too! He's not really flying!!!

lol, I know you guys think that levitation is really possible? this is hilarious. There is absolutely no need to bash David Blaine here. He is a great performer and has made tons of people happy. Thats all I have to say.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:47 pm 
Penguin

its not the fact that he does edit that gets me its the fact that it will say somthing like,it doesnt use smoke,mirrors,or trick photography,anyone can be as good as he looks like he is with a little trick photography. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:17 pm 
born to perform.

okay, I am sick of David Blaine bashers. Get it through your head, he edits ONE trick, that is all. He is a great magician.

btw, it says "without smoke or mirrors" it says nothing about no trick photography.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 8:45 pm 
born to perform.

cowboy4ever wrote:
okay, I am sick of David Blaine bashers. Get it through your head, he edits ONE trick, that is all. He is a great magician.

btw, it says "without smoke or mirrors" it says nothing about no trick photography.

lol, agreed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:11 pm 
born to perform.

laymen watching david blaine - :shock:
picklefoot watching david blaine - :mrgreen:

Post subject: DAVID BLAINE ROCKS
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 3:52 pm 
Penguin

IN DONT CARE WHAT ALL OF TOU PPLE THINK DAVID BLAINE IS THE BEST MAGICIAN WHO EVER LIVED. HE'S THE ONE WHO INSPIRED ME TO BECOME A MAGICIAN :) :) :) :) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)::):):)):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next