View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: same
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:36 am 
born to perform.

DB is still a human being, albeit a rich one:) Like to see him make it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:33 am 
born to perform.

there is no reason for them to throw stuff at him. how would those english people like it if they were in a box and people were throwing stuff at them
??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:34 am 
Penguin

smileyface wrote:
there is no reason for them to throw stuff at him. how would those english people like it if they were in a box and people were throwing stuff at them
??

I'd love it! Especially if I was being paid $5m for 6 weeks work :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:32 am 
Penguin

:)

absolutely!

David is without doubt a superb entertainer, be it by doing simple and powerful street magic, or by hangin in a box over the thames for what must seem like an eternity! Either way, he is doing what he loves and it makes me feel ashamed as a "brit" that after all the abuse he's taken from us over here, he will think twice before coming over again! Just because a few mindless idiots don't have anything else to do except try and put a stop to what is quite obviously a great piece of entertainment - be it 100% genuine or not!

ok...now wheres that burger...?

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:45 pm 
Penguin

willmorton if you honestly feel sorry for the poor guy that i horrible. Firstly he isnt really doing what he says obviously. Secondly if you feel sorry for a guy who makes more than I will in 10 lifetimes that is quite sad. lol
Josh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:24 pm 
Penguin

hmm.....if I admire someone for doing something that obviously isnt real?

I'm sorry to shatter your illusions my friend, but i think you'll find that most magic isn't "real" - in the literal sense!

its all about the effort and showmanship you put into something that makes it special. And of course, David Blaine is a superb showman, make no mistake!

Your missing the point, I think there's an element of doubt as to whether David is really depriving himself 100% but let me make the point AGAIN! - its a stunt, for publicity...and whether you like it or not, its a pretty impressive stunt!

Do i detect a hint of jealousy after the comment about the fact David Blaine earns more in 1 lifetime than you will in ten? So what? if it bothers you that much, write in and complain to the people that pay him! I suspect your letter may take a one way ride to the shredder, but whatever lights your candle!

anyway, we, as magicians, whether we agree or not with his methods, should raise a little smile and acknowledge the fact that its a good bit of entertainment! And after all my friend, and this is the point you completely miss...WE ARE ALL IN THIS INCREDIBLE BUSINESS, MAGIC, TO ENTERTAIN! Not to take cheap shots at fellow magicians just because its easy to do so.

it might be an idea to get off the bandwagon and perhaps channel your energies into something more productive!

Good luck! And enjoy your magic,

Justin

p.s. Santa Claus isn't real either! Sorry! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:42 pm 
born to perform.

xxjustinukxx wrote:
p.s. Santa Clause isn't real either! Sorry! :wink:

what do you mean? :(

:wink: LOL!

seriously tho Justin, you made some great points in your post. I don't care for Blaine's style or approach to Magic, but I am happy to see him getting paid for performing, any Magician getting paid for that matter. And IMO, we all should thank him for bringing so many new fresh minds into the Art, so it will survive another generation. 8) And I hope he makes it through this none the worse for the wear.

Last edited by laughingman30 on Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:02 pm 
born to perform.

xxjustinukxx wrote:
hmm.....if I admire someone for doing something that obviously isnt real?

I'm sorry to shatter your illusions my friend, but i think you'll find that most magic isn't "real" - in the literal sense!

its all about the effort and showmanship you put into something that makes it special. And of course, David Blaine is a superb showman, make no mistake!

Your missing the point, I think there's an element of doubt as to whether David is really depriving himself 100% but let me make the point AGAIN! - its a stunt, for publicity...and whether you like it or not, its a pretty impressive stunt!

Do i detect a hint of jealousy after the comment about the fact David Blaine earns more in 1 lifetime than you will in ten? So what? if it bothers you that much, write in and complain to the people that pay him! I suspect your letter may take a one way ride to the shredder, but whatever lights your candle!

anyway, we, as magicians, whether we agree or not with his methods, should raise a little smile and acknowledge the fact that its a good bit of entertainment! And after all my friend, and this is the point you completely miss...WE ARE ALL IN THIS INCREDIBLE BUSINESS, MAGIC, TO ENTERTAIN! Not to take cheap shots at fellow magicians just because its easy to do so.

it might be an idea to get off the bandwagon and perhaps channel your energies into something more productive!

Good luck! And enjoy your magic,

Justin

p.s. Santa Claus isn't real either! Sorry! :wink:

VERY well said.
I have been trying to get that point across, but I think your's did the trick. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:26 am 
Penguin

cowboy4ever wrote:
xxjustinukxx wrote:
<snipped for space reasons>

VERY well said.
I have been trying to get that point across, but I think your's did the trick. :wink:

Here here! I second that motion :)

Post subject: same
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 4:19 am 
born to perform.

Cowboy:

I love the artwork (fireman and angels).........

Anyone have the latest news on Blaine? I ordered his three special DVD off EBAY....Ive only seen Street Magic. Curious about the other two specials especially the one with the South American piece.