View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Blaine Out of the Box!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 4:10 pm 
Penguin

Just saw it live! The guy looks... actually not that bad. There is no way he hasn't eaten in over a month. His beard makes him look a bit like Jesus though, freakin me out. Anywho he's finally out, my question is what does sitting in a box forever have to do with magic, what's he trying to prove?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 4:40 pm 
born to perform.

umm... he's testing his endurnace using it as performance art...

Post subject: Re: Blaine Out of the Box!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 4:51 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Sushi wrote:
... my question is what does sitting in a box forever have to do with magic, what's he trying to prove?

Millions of people are wondering the same thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 10:01 pm 
Emperor Penguin

It's kind of an upgrade of a classic illusion. He did a similar stunt when he buried himself.

Back in the day, there were religious groups (magicians/illusionists) that would entomb "themselves" for a long time underground without food or water. Of course there were methods to get out of the tomb. Either before going into it, or once inside, use a tunnel and a hidden door on the coffin.

Blaine talked a lot about this in his book. I think he had a obsession with this stunt and decided to do something similar, but in a way other people could actually see him at all times.

8)

Post subject: same
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:16 am 
born to perform.

Maybe there was just so much weight he would loose and that would be it...I did think he should have looked much skinnier...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 2:00 pm 
Site Admin

Yes way he did not eat for the 44 days. I know of people who go on 30 day fasts once a year for religious purposes. You can go without food, but not water. Of course it will take him about 2-3 weeks for his body to get acclimated to solid food again, you just don't go out and start eating Big Macs after that long of a fast. He will start out with IV Dextrose then graduate to soups and juices and slowly start with soft foods until he can tolerate solids.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:29 pm 
born to perform.

I respect Blaine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:19 pm 
born to perform.

i jsut bought like5 newspapers... dam Blaine was cryinglike a child when he came. out. VERY emotional stuff man... they said there feeding him a drink which includes like a whle lota vitamins and nutritional things te body needs... they gave him 660 milliliters so far. thats a little right? dam Blaine is the man!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 8:15 pm 
Emperor Penguin

rucusoner wrote:
i jsut bought like5 newspapers... dam Blaine was cryinglike a child when he came. out. VERY emotional stuff man... they said there feeding him a drink which includes like a whle lota vitamins and nutritional things te body needs... they gave him 660 milliliters so far. thats a little right? dam Blaine is the man!!!!!!!!

I'd be willing to wager that the "emotion" and "crying" were nothing more than showmanship to impress the cameras and to get lots of press.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 8:48 pm 
born to perform.

Frijid_Pink wrote:
I'd be willing to wager that the "emotion" and "crying" were nothing more than showmanship to impress the cameras and to get lots of press.

I think they were more. He completed his goal, and accomplished something he knew would be extremely difficult for him.

I don't think professional athletes make large emotional outburst when they win simply for the press.

I think this is a very legitimate analogy.

Last edited by immortaldusk on Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:03 pm 
born to perform.

I could see the crying being fake if it was just a couple of tears....

but he was balling! I doubt those were fake tears.

BRAVO, DAVID, BRAVO!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:44 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Frijid_Pink wrote:
rucusoner wrote:

I doubt it. There was literally NO human interaction with the exception of visual stimulation, while he was in there.

I was backpacking in Holland last year and there was about a four day stretch in an area where nobody spoke english or french, and no tourists visited. It was pretty intense. By myself in a country so far from home. I couldn't communicate with anyone there. All older people. I was lucky I was able to find meat and bread at the market. I spent four days unable to understand anyone. It made me feel so alone. Of course their liberal drug policies didn't help. But after that, I headed to a beach hostel because I desperatly needed human interaction.
I would have went insane in 44 days of solitary confinement.

8)

Post subject: Balling ?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:55 pm 
Penguin

:D Yeah, he was BALLING, Cowboy! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:54 pm 
Penguin

what blaine was real, and a true stunt, no cam edits or illusions in his work in london, don't be fools, He was visible at all times in mid air hanging from a box , and you could see him thru the little window. There was no tunnels or walls or way out of that box...So better think again. I think the problem is, you're all being pestimistic just because you think everything he is done, is fake, or whatever. This was for reral and could have killed him... so have some respect

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 1:12 pm 
born to perform.

he was fed food and water through the straw my friend also he had some other hidden features