View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: any one here see him rip his heart out?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:05 am 
Emperor Penguin

I have it on tape, and still gives me the creeps watching it. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:23 am 
Penguin

You mean in London? they broadcast it on CHannel 4 here last night, and I thought the whole show was completely weird and non-magical. Clip of strange looking spectator dancing to weird music. Clip of pigeons in London. Clip of Blaine getting punched in stomach by spectator (Houdini, anyone?). Clip of more spectators being weird. Clip of Blaine covered in stage blood throwing cards at the camera. Clip of more weird people. Clip of Blaine tossing cards between decks while surrounded with several naked models dancing. Clip of pigeons. Clip of naked man stood on a boat. Clip of Blaine complaingin about his heart being broken by his girlfriend, and then ripping his heart out. I almost fell asleep! The reaction of the girl watching him pull his heart out was like zzzzzzzzz.... she couldn't really give a ...fudge. She looked like she was thinking "god, you're weird". I was really disappointed in the whole Above the Below tv show. Shame, I hope they actually put some magic on the DVD when they release it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:30 pm 
born to perform.

that wasn't the special. it was just a quick movie to stop you =watching 1 hour of a mann in a box. the dvd will be different. i agree it was weird and the naked ladies was very strange. the punching thing was cool, people at my school wwre shcoked. just tense up yer muscles and a bit of pain endurance and its easy......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:19 pm 
Penguin

Sure....
He also ripped his heart out on that TV show....

eww :o

I know, that special was crud....
with the weird people talking...and those people dancing....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:39 am 
Emperor Penguin

He ripped it out up close on last call late show, with carson daly. It was pretty freaky, cuz it looks so real, and i could not see a thing as far as gimmicks. It was well done, and the heart was pumping, and his acting was great as he fell to the stage floor. all bloody. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:48 pm 
Penguin

ok, i've got the carson daly show where he ripped his heart out (it looks awesome, im certainly no expert on how big the human heart is, but this thing looked WAY to big for me to expect someone to pull it out of under a shirt) anywho, what kinda special was he in with naked peeps, and was this on tv?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:02 pm 
Penguin

I saw it on carson, it was awesome! david blaine is savage..... what about those naked dancers you all speak of, was it censored, was it aired in the US also?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:01 pm 
Emperor Penguin

The best part was watching his fingers sink in under his skin. The heart was probably bigger for better visibility :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:21 am 
Penguin

i saw a special a while back on how so-called "faith healers" pull "tumors" out of people's stomachs, kinda hard to explain, but it was basically just another scam, looked like the same thing blaine did here, but he pulls it off so well, even watching it again on tape it looks good. that man could sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman in white gloves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:45 pm 
Penguin

the trick was done by having his breast painted with latex paint or something. When placed it looks like flesh. The "heart" was obviously underneath it.

With this same method he also performed "thread from stomach" trick, where he swallowed a thread and removed it from his stomach. Same method applies.

*Card Magic Expert*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:17 pm 
born to perform.

willmorton wrote:
You mean in London? they broadcast it on CHannel 4 here last night, and I thought the whole show was completely weird and non-magical. Clip of strange looking spectator dancing to weird music. Clip of pigeons in London. Clip of Blaine getting punched in stomach by spectator (Houdini, anyone?). Clip of more spectators being weird. Clip of Blaine covered in stage blood throwing cards at the camera. Clip of more weird people. Clip of Blaine tossing cards between decks while surrounded with several naked models dancing. Clip of pigeons. Clip of naked man stood on a boat. Clip of Blaine complaingin about his heart being broken by his girlfriend, and then ripping his heart out. I almost fell asleep! The reaction of the girl watching him pull his heart out was like zzzzzzzzz.... she couldn't really give a ...fudge. She looked like she was thinking "god, you're weird". I was really disappointed in the whole Above the Below tv show. Shame, I hope they actually put some magic on the DVD when they release it

yeah same here i almost feel asleep as well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:20 pm 
born to perform.

andrew41 wrote:
the trick was done by having his breast painted with latex paint or something. When placed it looks like flesh. The "heart" was obviously underneath it.

With this same method he also performed "thread from stomach" trick, where he swallowed a thread and removed it from his stomach. Same method applies.

*Card Magic Expert*

yes that is but one method but i don't think he used that one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:33 pm 
Penguin

I also have that clip. It's great!

Steve