View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Blaine sux! sorry fans out there!!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 7:07 am 
Penguin

why do i said that? indeed he is amazing because he just able to perform those surviving stunts. why he sux.
YOUR ANSWER WHY : that is not a true magic/illusion if he need to be sent to the hospital right after his performance. if he shake some of his fans' hand or maybe just go home straight or in another words he is just looks unharmed, in this case then that it is a true magic/illusion if he does that.
If Not... he is just merely risking or trying to survive in his impossible act. i think he better join the game show "The Survivor". Any1 with high endurance level can do what he perform. eg. Frozen In time.

i think the person/organizer who paid him is stupid. i rather they would just let me perform for free. Because althought it seems impossible for most people, any1 who lives in extreme cold or eskimos can do that. 3days is just a piece of cake to them. i can even try because although i dont live in cold countries, i should able to go through for at least one day, and i trust medical science nowdays that i will be safe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 7:45 am 
born to perform.

Seriously, all this jealousy isn't necessary. Blaine was doing tricks you haven't even heard of before you were born.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:46 am 
Penguin

ya that is true that i haven't even heard of him before i was born of all his trick. But if i were to born before him i think now i am the world best illusionist or better than him. Anyway i like Blaine's street magic rather than his single impossible performances. So dont get the wrong idea that i dont like him, i just meant that he sux at his single performance. And those are just flaws or ways he can improve on his performance because i dont think he need any treatment if he is performing illusion or magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:12 am 
born to perform.

penginangel,

nobody said his stunt was going to be magic. I knew all along that it was a test of survival skills. If he wanted it to be magic, they would have put a curtain over the box, and then *POOF* he appears on top of the box.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:40 am 
born to perform.

cowboy4ever wrote:
penginangel,

nobody said his stunt was going to be magic. I knew all along that it was a test of survival skills. If he wanted it to be magic, they would have put a curtain over the box, and then *POOF* he appears on top of the box.

That would have been better than his endurance crap.....the guys a flake imho......I respect his talent with magic though......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 11:49 am 
born to perform.

but penguinangel is talking as if it was supposed to be magic..... It wasn't, it was meant as an endurance stunt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:10 pm 
born to perform.

cowboy4ever wrote:
but penguinangel is talking as if it was supposed to be magic..... It wasn't, it was meant as an endurance stunt.

i agree
like i said in another topic i think blaine does his big stunts as self fulfillment

Post subject: My own Survival Stunt Experience
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 1:11 am 
Penguin

First of all anyone who puts down Blaine is obviously jealous because he's able to combine unbelievable skill tricks with simple tricks a first grader could pull off and you cant tell the difference. His Ice stunt was not just cold temp. Remember he went without sleep for around 72 hours. I was in a contest called Survive to Drive where contestants put their hand on a car and the last person standing wins the car. I got second lasting 60 hours and 8 min until I passed out and was carried away. At around 55 hours EVERYONES mind snaps and you become delusional. Why is Blaine Rich and Famous and your not? Because he's able to convince the lay person that he has supernatural abilities with even the simplest of tricks.

Post subject: Re: Blaine sux! sorry fans out there!!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 1:19 am 

penguinangel wrote:
Any1 with high endurance level can do what he perform. eg. Frozen In time...

i can even try because although i dont live in cold countries, i should able to go through for at least one day, and i trust medical science nowdays that i will be safe.

Then do it then. Get a big pool, fill it with ice, and stand it in. Tell your local presses about the stunt, and you should make at least the afternoon news locally. If its so easy, go for it. Wouldn't be too hard to organize, and too hard to get the ice and a big tub to stand/sit in for a day. All you'd have to do is organize peeps to keep filling it with ice every couple hours or so.

Really, if you say you can do it...go for it. Why pass up the opportunity? You might even make a good amount of money if you get a sponsorship going.

But that won't happen, will it? It won't ever happen... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 1:42 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Oh yeah? Well a 7 nation army couldnt hold me back biaaaaaaaaaaaaatch
Bmagic, if people came to me and said that they would give me millions to sit in a glass box for a few weeks i can honestly say i would do it. Its not magic, just a pretty stupid illusion that doesn't prove anything nor impress anyone. I dont know why David stopped doing magic for stunts. Most of them seem pretty stupid to me. It seems to me that now hes only in it for the money. Of course hes going to say otherwise but i cant not see what im looking at.

Post subject: Re: Blaine sux! sorry fans out there!!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:53 am 
Emperor Penguin

penguinangel wrote:
Because althought it seems impossible for most people, any1 who lives in extreme cold or eskimos can do that. 3days is just a piece of cake to them. i can even try because although i dont live in cold countries, i should able to go through for at least one day.

If you are talking about Frozen in Time, I agree. Because all the Eskimos up here in Canada's Arctic walk around in cargo pants and cotton sweaters for days on end without sleep.

Heh. I don't know where you gets your facts from.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:59 am 
Penguin

sit in a glass box for a few weeks??? it was FORTY FOUR days thats like SEVEN WEEKS... try not eating for a week and see how long u last... see how long it takes for u to sanp and start gnawing on ur elbow...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:59 am 
born to perform.

Freed wrote:
Bmagic, if people came to me and said that they would give me millions to sit in a glass box for a few weeks i can honestly say i would do it. Its not magic, just a pretty stupid illusion that doesn't prove anything nor impress anyone. I dont know why David stopped doing magic for stunts. Most of them seem pretty stupid to me. It seems to me that now hes only in it for the money. Of course hes going to say otherwise but i cant not see what im looking at.

yo haven't the right to say a thing like that unless you've attempted the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:48 pm 
born to perform.

This is a stupid ridiculous thread. Everyone grows sick and tired of people who open threads saying "Blaine sucks this, Blaine sucks that". Jesus, if you think he sucks, and you've got something negative to say, don't say it! You'll just pass on the negative influence to other people. Don't comment on it at all. Period.

Try and accomplish what he has accomplished before shooting off your mouth like that.

I don't see you freezing yourself for three days or burying yourself alive, and I doubt I will EVER see you doing any of that.

It was meant to be an endurance stunt, not some magical illusion.

Freed wrote:
Bmagic, if people came to me and said that they would give me millions to sit in a glass box for a few weeks i can honestly say i would do it.

Easier said than done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:50 pm 
born to perform.

P.S "Blaine sux! sorry fans out there"

This title is utterly stupid. You have just insulted a great man in magic in a harsh and crude way, and then you "apologise" to everyone else for doing so? You could have at least phrased it nicely.