View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: blaines next stunt, lame...
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:34 pm 
Penguin

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainmen ... 246287.stm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:47 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Oh no, not again!!! Where's his "magic"? I have now lost all respect for the man!!! :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:01 pm 
born to perform.

he never really said he was a magician. he said he was a performer...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:10 pm 
Emperor Penguin

rucusoner wrote:

Yes, but he "performed" magic didn't he? Where's the magic in living in a suspended box for a month and a half and jumping out of a chopper???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:28 pm 
born to perform.

performed magic but never claimed to be a magician therefore hes unpredictalbe what to do... i thinks its great it adds to the mysteriousness..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:37 pm 
Emperor Penguin

rucusoner wrote:
performed magic but never claimed to be a magician therefore hes unpredictalbe what to do... i thinks its great it adds to the mysteriousness...

"Unpredictable" what to do is the understatement of the year!!! :lol: But I can't see where fasting and living in suspended box and jumping out of a chopper is sooooo "mysterious"!!! Oh well, to each his own. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:47 pm 
Emperor Penguin

it does not matter what he claims to be. it was magic that made him who he is. now he is just taking all the fame magic got him, and using it to do lame stunts. i am not the least bit impressed by them. if i wanna see stunts i will watch a movie. i would be more impressed if i saw him do rising cards on the street again. if he keeps all this up, soon he will end up as houdini did when he went to just escape stunts only. i am not impressed by them now, i am just becoming more and more annoyed. he needs to get back to the streets. he also said this was it for the stunts if he made it through this. more lies.

Last edited by sirbrad on Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:54 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I completely agree with sirbrad...the man needs to get back to his roots and forget all this stunt nonsense. At this point he's still good for several more good TV specials, but if he keeps going the route he's going people are gonna lose interest in him. I have! I'd much rather see him doing magic than wasting his time with all this stunt junk!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:08 pm 
Emperor Penguin

if he wants to do stunts so bad, he should go to hollywood and apply as a stuntman. stunts are more about guts, and stupidity, other than real skill like magic. if it was on tv i would not even want to watch it. i probably would since his magic is what drew me to him, but not happily. i want to see him on the street doing everyday magic that anyone can learn, and blow ppl away with it. like i said, i would rather watch him fool someone with the easiest magic trick there is, then pull off the hardest of all stunts. i just think he has gone off the deep end with this whole mother thing, and trying to stretch the limits of human life. he probably thinks if he fails, the worst that could happen is he will be with his mother again. thats just plain psycho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:41 pm 
Penguin

In the Larry King Interview he talked about doing some sort of fantasic/strange stage show. He said it would bring magic back to its roots of strange and bizarre. He said he'd like for it to be in New York and it would run 24 hours a day and he'd do a few performances every night. He said this has been his baby for the past 7 years or so. It would be like nothing we have ever seen he claimed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:58 am 
born to perform.

Yeh, it will be interesting to see what actually comes of it :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:12 am 
Penguin

Hmmm DB doing stage? I cant picture it :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 11:42 pm 
born to perform.

Frijid_Pink wrote:
rucusoner wrote:

Yes, but he "performed" magic didn't he? Where's the magic in living in a suspended box for a month and a half and jumping out of a chopper???

And David Letterman used to be a weather man... Geeze.. I've lost all respect for that guy since he stopped marking the low fronts for me... I miss the predictions of cloudy days.. now all he does is make jokes on late night TV.. HE'S NO WEATHERMAN!!!!

Blaine is a stunt man now... (although I'm sure he's still using trickery like eating self substaining bacteria food from the walls of his box)....

So what! Did everyone think he would keep strolling the streets doing "invisible deck" and "quarter bite"?... He's moved on and I think at some level those still (or just begining to) to do "invisible deck" and "quarter bite" feel cheated that their inspiration has moved on.

Life's a garden.. dig it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:12 am 
born to perform.

Honestly, I don't care what he does. I just feel he has a death wish. Probably suffering from some severe depression that is greatly affecting him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:28 am 
Emperor Penguin

Adam2k wrote:
Honestly, I don't care what he does. I just feel he has a death wish. Probably suffering from some severe depression that is greatly affecting him.

Amen :lol: