View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Blaines creating another show!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:15 pm 
Penguin

On his site he left a message to us saying he is creating the best show magic show ever and he said things are very hectic here.

This next one will be killer i guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:16 pm 
born to perform.

Lol! Hope he doesnt use gimmicks that are sold on shop again :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:48 am 
born to perform.

Anyone know around when its going to premier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:56 pm 
Penguin

Well he's said that he will be doing his next stunt at Halloween, so I'm guessing his new show will air at the same time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:11 am 
Penguin

Awsome! i just got his book and it is very interesting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:56 pm 
Penguin

okay listen up the other shows that he had his tricks sucked and i can do all of them yep even the snake eaten and restored in back pack one i know 2 ways to do that one and one of them i actually eat the snake but anyways my point is that this next show better be ALOT better because if it is not then he is going to be a failure and NO ONE will like him any more(who does now)...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:04 pm 
Penguin

superduperninjaX10 wrote:
okay listen up the other shows that he had his tricks sucked and i can do all of them yep even the snake eaten and restored in back pack one i know 2 ways to do that one and one of them i actually eat the snake but anyways my point is that this next show better be ALOT better because if it is not then he is going to be a failure and NO ONE will like him any more(who does now)...

Ummmmm.....errrrrr.......LOL!

:?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:07 pm 
born to perform.

Well Lay people will still like his new show even if us magicians don't. Thats what matters in the first place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:07 pm 
Penguin

how much do you want to bet he tries to blow criss angel out of the water...His new show has to be spetacular of people will start to lean more to angel..even though they both do totally differnt things they will still be compared.To them its more like a popularity contest..Tell me if im wrong :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:32 am 
born to perform.

Well first of all the all the Blaine haters, the last time I truly enjoyed a magic special on TV without any complaints was Don Alan on "That's Incredible" if you've never heard of the show or the man, you're a little bit young then. TV magic is not for magicians, its just not, I cant think of any magic performances at all the are truly geared towards magicians. If you want to be amazed by magic again, dont perform it.

Anyway as to the Blaine news, he was suppost to be doing a special this year in April or at least he was talking about doing a helocopter dive or something like that. I know he's been planning on opening up his own magic show in New York, featuring alot of old school magic like peppers ghost. Basically magic thats not just magic but an experience, sometimes frightening. That could be the show he's talking about or it could be another TV special. Either way it'll be entertaining for laymen and it'll give young magicians more material to steal.

Needed to edit to add another quick point, most of what Blaine performed which are now standard dealer items, where not standard when he peformed them. They where out there, but alot where ignored, how many places carried the thought of rising card deck before blaine performed it. The raven wasnt a very popular effect before Blaine performed it. I remember Doug Henning performing a torn and restored newspaper, he used the Gene Anderson method, at the time, it was something special, now its not, I cant even remember the last time I saw someone perform that with a different method.

Last edited by magicdude84 on Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:53 pm 
Penguin

I dont see why so many of yall dislike David Blaine. Why? because he does simple tricks that you know? Or is it because he was smart enough to make millions off those tricks, while most of yall are still broke?I sit because hes famous and your not? Or is it really because yall all really like him, but are too scared to admit it because he does simlpe tricks? Just think about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:37 pm 
Penguin

I don't like how he doesnt use that much sleight of hand. I also hate the fact that he would try to make viewers at home believe his 3 foot levitation is real

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:44 pm 
Penguin

Hovercop wrote:
I dont see why so many of yall dislike David Blaine. Why? because he does simple tricks that you know? Or is it because he was smart enough to make millions off those tricks, while most of yall are still broke?I sit because hes famous and your not? Or is it really because yall all really like him, but are too scared to admit it because he does simlpe tricks? Just think about it.

Here are the reasons most people dont like Blaine.

1. Doesn't use alot of patter or have a character
2. Doesn't do effects with fancy sleight of hand
3. Uses camera tricks

The people who dislike him because of this are ignorant.

1. His lack of patter IS his character, if he came across as any old crappy magician who tells a story about two bank robbers trying to get away from the police during an acr effect he would NOT be popular. His spooky quietness and blank stares is what make people think something is wrong with him and makes him popular.

2. WHO CARES! This isn't a show for magicians. SIMPLE effects are the most effective.

3. Again this is a show for lay people NOT magicians. They can't tell the difference. If anything you guys should be happy! This protects the secrets so people cant rewind it and figure it out.

Sorry if my post is a bit mean but I am constantly amazed at the immaturity level of this forum.

Last edited by TheNightBringer89 on Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:54 pm 
Penguin

Exactly very well put

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:00 pm 
Penguin

I watched his show and enjoyed it very much. Im not saying he is a good magician but I still like watching how he does stuff and it gives me ideas on routines and tricks