View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:01 pm 
Penguin

jacobnorton1 we really cant reveal anytricks

by the way check out the rules that will help you out when you make a new topic

Post subject: Quater from arm
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:39 am 
Penguin

Alright people the method is not simple nor does it involve any "simple" slights. The coin is not eaten as suggested by some of the blog entries. Chris has millions of dollars to throw at these things and some really great artists that assist him in his every endeavor. Stay tuned to this blog. I will be posting the method sometime today if there is any interest. Remember you may not be able to afford to repeat this illusion over and over due to the costs and setup time necessary to pull this off. Stay tuned.

Post subject: Re: Quater from arm
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:18 pm 

TommyPC wrote:
Alright people the method is not simple nor does it involve any "simple" slights. The coin is not eaten as suggested by some of the blog entries. Chris has millions of dollars to throw at these things and some really great artists that assist him in his every endeavor. Stay tuned to this blog. I will be posting the method sometime today if there is any interest. Remember you may not be able to afford to repeat this illusion over and over due to the costs and setup time necessary to pull this off. Stay tuned.

TommyPC - You will not being posting the method of this trick since exposure is forbidden on this and many other Magic Forums.

As for the "great" artists that assist Criss Angel; they have all left him for ethical reasons. Jermay, Thompson, Sankey and Banachek.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:26 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I still got a brand new "Surgical Reveal." Thompson left Criss? I did not know that. Any further or more detailed information on that? I said long ago he should have left...long ago. About time he smartened up.

Post subject: Re: Quarter in arm trick
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:51 pm 
Penguin

jacobnorton1 wrote:
Does anybody know how this is done.

I would like to learn this and freak the crap out of somebody. Is this camera editing or an actual trick?

well, is actually a really easy trick and i know how its done, but it does require some props. im not gonna tell u how to do it because i think penguin magic has a no exposure policy or something like that

Post subject: Re: Quarter in arm trick
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:15 pm 

magicman2292 wrote:
jacobnorton1 wrote:
Does anybody know how this is done.

I would like to learn this and freak the crap out of somebody. Is this camera editing or an actual trick?

well, is actually a really easy trick and i know how its done, but it does require some props. im not gonna tell u how to do it because i think penguin magic has a no exposure policy or something like that

It’s not an easy trick. It takes hours of preparation and an army of people working behind the scenes. This isn’t a trick you can order online or walk into a local magic shop to purchase. It’s a custom deal.

And you are correct; this forum does forbid exposure of magic. (I suggest you read the forum rules in detail so you won’t have to say “I think” when you participate in the threads).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:43 am 
Penguin

DerZauberer wrote:

As for the "great" artists that assist Criss Angel; they have all left him for ethical reasons. Jermay, Thompson, Sankey and Banachek.

Do you have some more info on the reason why they left him?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:53 am 

Duneyrr wrote:
DerZauberer wrote:

Do you have some more info on the reason why they left him?

Just read many of the other Criss Angel threads. Also read about what other magicians think of him on the Magic Café website/forum.
Basically – he’s an arrogant moron and his advisors don’t want anything to do with him.

Sankey made a very accurate spoof about him which should reveal the problem with Criss Angel: http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/vie ... p?t=146368

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:00 am 
born to perform.

DerZauberer wrote:

I had heard of the others but not this one. Do you have a link as to where I can find out more?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:49 pm 

revelation77 wrote:
DerZauberer wrote:

I had heard of the others but not this one. Do you have a link as to where I can find out more?

Banachek announced his separation in the last issue of MUM magazine and magicians that know him personally have confirmed this.

Search Magic Café, there are several references to this in discussions regarding Criss Angel’s terrible behavior on Phenomenon and how he treats other magicians with his arrogant attitude.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:16 pm 
born to perform.

DerZauberer wrote:
revelation77 wrote:
DerZauberer wrote:

Banachek announced his separation in the last issue of MUM magazine and magicians that know him personally have confirmed this.

Search Magic Café, there are several references to this in discussions regarding Criss Angel’s terrible behavior on Phenomenon and how he treats other magicians with his arrogant attitude.

Thanks, I will look that up. I know that Banachek has been quite protective of Criss in the past so I am interested to look this up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:43 am 
Penguin

It's actually called Flesh Wound and you can buy it here:

http://www.magic.org/store/product_info ... ts_id=5818

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:39 am 

pingumagic wrote:
It's actually called Flesh Wound and you can buy it here:

http://www.magic.org/store/product_info ... ts_id=5818

You are quite mistaken - the magic trick you have referenced is nothing at all like the quarter from arm trick...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:25 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Indeed he is. I have Surgical Reveal, and even that is nothing like Criss' fake trickery.