View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:29 pm 
born to perform.

people b**** about blaine and criss using camera editing and stuff cuz it takes out the entertainment part but people dont mind watching the same show twice even though they know whats going to happen..thats just how i see it.

Post subject: Revealing?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:29 pm 
Penguin

Hey recently came from the ellusionist forums and they have a strict policy about not revealing tricks on their forum. I thought this was kinda silly, but i come over hear and boy is it justified. Whether or not he actually does any of these methods that you "magicians" are spitting out, it still shouldn't be posted. Especially about the switching windows. Bah! Everyone on these forums bicker and argue like little kids. Revealing magic?? Magicians? I suppose when all of you do tricks you actually tell them the method and where they purchase the effect? HA HA HA you pathetic "magicians"!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:29 am 
Penguin

It's a simple "cutout"... The guy inside raises the window while the camera zooms on criss's shoes, the mirror goes down another 2 feet or so and raises up. The cutout is much like a "U" shape about the size of the paper over it. Since it's raised, criss simply walks through the opening, when he gets out, you'll see him try and close the flaps of the paper AND keep his legs totally together to block the fact that the guy inside simply slides the window back down as soon as he gets through. You'll notice they made a MISTAKE while filming, and both the helpers with the paper, their hands move DOWN while the window is being moved down. The woman more than the man. But it's blatantly obvious. Very simple trick, doesn't cost thousands, a simple piece of glass and a jig is all. The "OPEN" sign is clearly hanging an inch or so behind the glass to make it more fair. It appears to be stuck to the glass, but of course it isn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:25 pm 
Penguin

Can we say -----WRONG!

That may be one way to do that trick, however this isn't the way Criss did it. Hah! No exposure here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:35 pm 
Penguin

CameraEdit wrote:
Can we say -----WRONG!

That may be one way to do that trick, however this isn't the way Criss did it. Hah! No exposure here.

You can say "WRONG" all you want to. But why do you want to? This has been discussed many places and it's simply a large version of the old pencil through glass frame. I believe the guy in the post above explains it pretty accurately. Are you saying that he's wrong so others reading this will not learn how the trick is accomplished? What is your stake in that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:31 pm 
Penguin

randwill

IT has been *INSPIRED* by the pencil thing, however the actual effect is done differently.

And yes I will say it again most empatically......The common thought on it is WRONG!

Also if you actually READ what I said you would see that I said it could be done this way, but Criss actually does this differently.

I love to see people talk about what they don't know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:39 pm 
Penguin

CameraEdit wrote:
randwill

IT has been *INSPIRED* by the pencil thing, however the actual effect is done differently.

And yes I will say it again most empatically......The common thought on it is WRONG!

Also if you actually READ what I said you would see that I said it could be done this way, but Criss actually does this differently.

I love to see people talk about what they don't know.

I read what you wrote. What is your source of information on the method used? Are you part of the production crew? Were you on the set when it was shot? Can you cite a reputable source anywhere on any magic forum who backs up your contention that the illusion was accomplished in a totally different way from the most obvious and easiest way to do it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:20 am 
Penguin

randwill
Quote:
What is your source of information on the method used?

Something a bit more reliable then half the garbage on the net. Besides I am not there to 'prove' or expose, there are people here who will start looking more deeper into it, they will be the ones who find out whether what I am saying is true or not. Seek and you will find, unless of course you seek with the lenses of blindness, then you won't see much :wink:

Quote:
Were you on the set when it was shot?

Didn't have to be.

Quote:
Are you part of the production crew?

Of course not.

Quote:
Can you cite a reputable source anywhere on any magic forum who backs up your contention that the illusion was accomplished in a totally different way from the most obvious and easiest way to do it?

So now your saying all the 'reputable' sources are into 'exposure'. MY! how times have changed :roll: :shock:
I guess only the reputable ones talk about it online eh?? :roll:
Half of the so called 'reputable' people have NO clue as to how some of the illusions are accomplished.

Hey but I am not here to prove anything, I am here just to tell it like it is so the people who might look beyond their nose, might see something. A few here will know what I am talking about and it is to them I talk.

Next when you speak of 'easiest way to do it'. You might want to think that through again.

Criss is very adept at not only fooling the people at home, he has a strong ability at fooling more then half the magicians out there. You have been lead down the wrong road concerning this effect, yes Criss was inspired by something but the end result was different.

Think about this...He may want you to believe he uses Stooges and Camera Edits, and wrong ideas about his illusions. Think that one through, cause it might be closer to the truth then you realize.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:33 am 
Penguin

No, I didn't think so.

The illusions on Mindfreak don't fool experienced magicians. They do bamboozle a lot of young know-it-alls on this forum however.

Live and learn a few years, THEN get back to us rather THAN posting things here that only confirm your educational deficiencies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:11 pm 
Penguin

randwill

It sure as edited fooled you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:58 pm 
Penguin

the people holding it are obviosly actors so they DONT drop the paper, random people are not trustworthy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:04 pm 
Penguin

the people holding it are obviosly actors so they DONT drop the paper, random people are not trustworthy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:38 am 
born to perform.

I know this trick...it uses the same concept of the magician walking through mirror trick. the people holding newspaper were in on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:54 am 
Penguin

[b]So how he do it? :?: [/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:55 am 
Penguin

:?: So how he do it?