View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Devis coke Bottle question
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:33 pm 
Penguin

So yeah , Ive got a question, I have seen an effect where a coke bottle is "broken with the power of the mind" but it requires stuff in the bottle ( coins nails etc), I know how that is done, without revealing to much imma just say im pretty sure it has to do with a certain deli meat and hot and cold. Yet Ive seen penn and teller do a version where theres nothing there and ive also seen it dont where the guy blows into it with nothing in it.

I think this would be great for my upcoming stage act that I am working on as I try to move away from cards and coins. So I wanna make sure I get the right one.

so if somone could clarify this for me sorry for anything odd im like half asleep

Post subject: Re: Devis coke Bottle question
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:15 pm 
Penguin

Exactly what is it that requires clarification?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:38 pm 
Penguin

You must be really tired, because I have no idea where you got that the method involved deli meat. As far as the method goes, you don't have to have anything in the bottle in order for it to break; for that matter, it has nothing to do with temperature either.

As far as your question goes, I'm confused as to what you are asking. If you're asking which method to buy, there's only two that I know of. The first is upwards of $1000 per bottle and the other is a recreation by someone who sells the method to spite the first. (The second guy really doesn't like the first guy).

EDIT:

I stand corrected. Although the method for this effect has nothing to do with deli meat, it is commonly called such a name by other communities. As far as I know, if you want to actually manufacture these bottles (a far more economically conscious idea), then you would want to buy James L. Clark's DVD. From the reviews I've read, the DVD is $99.99 USD and then gathering the materials is about another $80.00 USD. However, in the face of $1000.00 bottles, I would just buy Clark's DVD.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:26 pm 
Penguin

Yes thats what i meant when i said deli meat , and those bottles a are made with hot and cold variant glass making so thats what i meant there. As to what I wanted clarified I wanted to know which effects were witch and what to get if i wanted the trick