View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: unlocking an old thread?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:54 pm 
born to perform.

Hey Dave,

I remember you locked the thread about Hank Lee's. You said you would re-open it when, "solid" information came out. He was sentenced to 2 years in prison last thursday according to ABC news. Are you going to re-open the thread now?

Thanks
Ted

Post subject: Re: unlocking an old thread?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:16 am 
Emperor Penguin

Yeah it should have never been locked in the first place, but hey this is Penguin land of the Lock Smiths. I knew he would not get more than 5 years so I was not surprised, just a slap on the wrist for being old and senile...or at least acting it, and stealing half a million. Sets a good example for future criminals. Not to mention the fact that the shop was allowed to continue on, probably because they know that is the only way they will get restitution. But will that money also be stolen???

I ordered from him a lot many years ago as well, and most recently last year when he tried to charge me COD for an item I paid for already. I did not order again after that. I guess he thought he was on a roll and I would not notice. Nice try. Not.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:31 pm 
born to perform.

After I ordered a suitcase table, I did not get it when it was do to be at my house so I called him (and he hates hering from me) he was using it to haul merch to the convention for his booth. I told him hat it better be on it's way by the end of the day and that I wanted money back as now it was a used item. He sent it and gave me a credit. I haven't ordered from there for a long while and more than likely will not as I have other places to get what I have to get when Penguin don't carry the item, their prices are not all that good anyway and I hate looking at a drawing of something, kind of makes it hard to tell what the item looks like.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:37 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Yeah his site is old and outdated, usually no photos or videos showing the product clearly. They offer 39% off specials but make up for it with high shipping like Hocus Pocus does. Plus most of the stuff that the discount applies to does not interest me anyway.