View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Tricks with double back cards?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:42 am 
Penguin

So I just recently wanted to purchase cards to go along with the card case that came with final fusion by jay sankey. (rider back) I purchased it locally and it turned out to be double backed after I opened it. So I now have 52 double back cards. I need some tricks to do with them. I will now purchase http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S11122 Which seems to match. But I'm still left with all those double back cards. I was thinking the impossible box http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S15185 . Any other suggestions? :)

Post subject: Re: Tricks with double back cards?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:15 pm 
Penguin

I believe there are several "all backs" routines, I think Daniel Garcia has one on one of his first set of dvds. If I think of others I'll post them. Oh, and don't forget that great routine called 'Cheek to Cheek' which used double-backers. I won't give away the exact secret as I believe this is still a marketed effect. But if you know how it works it's a trick you'll blow people away with and perform often. It's probably the best trick which uses double-backers I've ever owned.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:49 pm 
born to perform.

A while back (pun intended), Penguin came out with a bunch of PDF's for Double Backs, Double Blanks, etc. The one on double backs is: Triple Double: 3 Great Tricks with a Double Backer by Jeremy Luton. Can't tell you much about it though, only that it exists.

Also check out Jean Hugard's Encyclopedia of Card Tricks. That has a section on tricks with double backed cards.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:43 pm 
Penguin

Sadly I don't know cheek to cheek. Anywhere I could learn it. I still don't have a huge repitoire. I just found the section in encyclopaedia of card magic. One of the few books I own. And I also found a PDF with an okay force as well as the idea of a triumph with it. Thanks for all the help.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:25 pm 
Penguin

The last time I checked Cheek to Cheek was only about $12. It's a great trick but you can only do one trick with the deck, that's it. I assume you know 2 card monte? That uses a single double backer and a single double facer, and of course the secret move. It's in just about every kids magic set ever made, and I still fool the heck out of people with it. That Encyclopedia of Card Tricks has some fantastic tricks in it, I'm on my third copy, the others are so dog eared, underlined and worn out, I usually give them away. Everybody thinks because it's old it couldn't possibly contain any good tricks. There's lots of tricks in there that are being sold as original, just with a new name. Chris Angel, David Blain, and dozens more are mining these old books for ideas and coming up with pure gold.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:59 am 
Penguin

Yeah, the encyclopedia of card magic is my first ever magic book. I got it used from my cousin (who is a magician) along with a sankey dvd. That was after I was doing magic for about 5 to 6 months. I haven,t had a good look through it yet, I want to read all of royal road to card magic first. So for now I'll settle with a basic triumph and a force with the double backers. I'm sure they'll be useful eventually. Thank you for the replies. :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:41 pm 
Penguin

Sackninja, I'm sending you a PM.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:29 am 
Penguin

Also, Signed Card to Wallet.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:40 pm 
Penguin

Sackninja wrote:
So I just recently wanted to purchase cards to go along with the card case that came with final fusion by jay sankey. (rider back) I purchased it locally and it turned out to be double backed after I opened it. So I now have 52 double back cards. I need some tricks to do with them. I will now purchase http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S11122 Which seems to match. But I'm still left with all those double back cards. I was thinking the impossible box http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S15185 . Any other suggestions? :)
There is a routine I use with one double back card, and its a VERY good one. This is my first time on a forum/post so I don't know how to relay the message. I'll be glad to help you out on this one.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:30 am 
born to perform.

Dan Harlan's, R&B video. There are a few effects he teaches utilizing two DB's within a regular deck.