View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Penguin Magic Suggestion Thread
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:13 pm 
Penguin

If you have a suggestion for Penguin Magic, post it here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:34 am 
Emperor Penguin

Change.

Everything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:46 am 
Emperor Penguin

I think Mods should have the power to ban people... or at least temporarily ban people until the Admin can "review the case" and decide whether or not the user in question should be permanently banned or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:04 am 
born to perform.

1) Bring out Penguin 2.0.
2) If 2.0 still requires some work, tell us. Tell us accurately where you are with producing it and when it's expected to arrive.
3) Start the "Take My Job" contest.
4) Restore the ability to have avatars.
5) Judge the MagicHistorian logo contest.
6) Update the free tricks.
7) Add a wishlist.
8) Add advanced searching (e.g. by price, category).
9) Scrap the News forum and replace it with two separate forums: a forum especially for discussing the company (e.g. suggestions/comments, order malfunctions, news) and one for FAQs (how to add an avatar, what acronyms mean, how to access PO forums, etc.).
10) Spend more time on the forums, engaging with customers.
11) Have contests. These can be contests where the aim is to suggest an improvement to the company, and the best idea wins a gift certificate. Another internet forum has contests where the prize is a custom forum status.
12) Change the censorship from "[edited]" to something that distinguishes what the original word was. A friend said that every time someone sees "edited", he thinks of the rival magic company, because both words get changed to the same thing.
13) Close down the UK site.
14) Have a way to ensure people are aware of the rules before they can begin posting. Also, I think that Penguin should highlight what sort of questions should be asked, when they should be asked, the importance of doing your own research and searching before making a new thread, the importance of writing well in order to get good answers, etc.
15) Make sure all products in the catalogue have product descriptions. In addition to the Take My Job contest, there could also be one for writing product descriptions.
16) Don't use YouTube as a way to broadcast videos. It looks unprofessional since it's the same broadcasting method that the public uses. Revver is also pretty bad because it has advertising. Use Google Video, or go back to what you did before – normal QuickTime and Windows Media files.
17) Change the forum statuses so that they do not draw a comparison between a user's post count and how skilled they are at performing. It only promotes spamming and pointless threads.
18) Get Tarbell's Complete Course in Magic in stock.
19) Mod Wildheart.
20) Read this thread or the other nineteen points are useless.

Last edited by Lawboy on Thu May 31, 2007 1:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:43 am 
born to perform.

Lawboy wrote:
1) Bring out Penguin 2.0
2) If 2.0 still requires some work, tell us. Tell us accurately where you are with producing it and when it's expected to arrive.
3) Start the "Take My Job" contest.
4) Restore the ability to have avatars.
5) Judge the MagicHistorian logo contest.
6) Update the free tricks.
7) Add a wishlist.
8) Add advanced searching (e.g. by price, category).
9) Scrap the News forum and replace it with two separate forums: a forum especially for discussing the company (e.g. suggestions/comments, order malfunctions, news) and one for FAQs (how to add an avatar, what acronyms mean, how to access PO forums, etc.).
10) Spend more time on the forums, engaging with customers.
11) Have contests. These can be contests where the aim is to suggest an improvement to the company, and the best idea wins a gift certificate. Another forum has contests where the prize is a custom forum status.
12) Change the censorship from "[edited]" to something that distinguishes what the original word was. A friend said that every time someone says "edited", he thinks of the rival magic company, because both words get changed to the same thing.
13) Close down the UK site.
14) Have a way to ensure people are aware of the rules before they can begin posting. Also, I think that Penguin should highlight what sort of questions should be asked, when they should be asked, the importance of doing your own research and searching before making a new thread, the importance of writing well in order to get good answers, etc.
15) Make sure all products in the catalogue have product descriptions. In addition to the Take My Job contest, there could also be one for writing product descriptions.
16) Don't use YouTube as a way to broadcast videos. It looks unprofessional since it's the same broadcasting method that the public uses. Revver is also pretty bad because it has advertising. Use Google Video, or go back to what you did before – normal QuickTime and Windows Media files.

Totally agreed. I wish to add -

PUT A MOD IN THE STS FORUM

There is so much spam, and about fifty stickys because people want to feel special. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:50 am 
born to perform.

I haven't bought STS (probably for the same reason that none of the mods has), so I wouldn't know. When I think of more things I'll add them to my original list.

Last edited by Lawboy on Thu May 31, 2007 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:50 am 
Emperor Penguin

Yes, we definitely need a Mod in the STS Forum, it's horrible. Oh, well, what can we do? Also, Lawboy's list has some great ideas in it... I second that list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:54 am 
Emperor Penguin

Rather than update the free tricks, they need to get rid of them. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:55 am 
born to perform.

That'd probably be better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:08 am 
Penguin

Start a penguin clothing line with tee-shirts, wristbands, and dogtags.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:39 am 
born to perform.

Dear God yes – with beanies and close-up bckpacks so people can see just where you buy your magic from!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:14 pm 
born to perform.

Well, since Lawboy made the effort, all I have to say is, “I totally agreeâ€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:53 pm 
Penguin

My next suggestion:

A Very enticing promo this weekend that gives away sometype of gimmick depending on how much you spend. I have a lot of money saved up just waiting to spend it this weekend on a nice promo with a ton of free stuff. Make my dream come true :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:29 pm 
born to perform.

Location: President of the davidcon fan club. (Always welcoming new members)
I agree with everything Lawboy said. We should all email that list to Penguin, so they can read it, and realize what they have to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:37 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Yeah, but the Admins come on here so much, they should see it anyway. :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next