View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:16 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 175
Location: Vancouver Canada
WOO! 100th Reply!

A promo where you can choose the free items!. For example, buy 100 dollars and get free tricks valued up to 15 dollars. (amounts just examples)

Good or bad idea?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:24 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 22 Mar 2004
Posts: 7253
Location: Texas
Is it possible to send out MASS PMS, and PMs to new comers automatically.

As stated many dont take the time to read the rules when they join.
And many of the old timers and middle aged dont check on the new up-dates to the rules or news.

So when a post is made, like the one by Dave V on bots, http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/vie ... p?t=124504 ... is there no way for an admin or head mod to MASS PM this, so it will be read.

And when a new person joins, it might be helpful if the rules and news topic was sent in either a link or all written form, in a PM.

Just an idea.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:38 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Posts: 5237
Location: Port Orchard, WA
I will check on this and see if it is something that can be done via PM rather than email, as an email would include all customers of Penguin. And since many customers do not register here on the site, they would probably be not interested in the content of the email.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:57 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 28 Dec 2002
Posts: 4064
Location: London, England
I know on the Café they have some sort of public announcement PM (for the week that I actually visited the site before I could take the colour scheme no more, I had a couple of PMs, that were evidently sent to everyone, about the manager's sister's health and whether we would be kind enough to pray for her) so I'm sure such a thing has the potential to be done.

The PMs could contain a condensed version of the rules and then link to the official thread if people want clarification, methinks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:00 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 3193
Location: Vice-President of the Cannot define as to whether he is serious, joking, or being sarcastic club
virtualmagician wrote:
WOO! 100th Reply!

A promo where you can choose the free items!. For example, buy 100 dollars and get free tricks valued up to 15 dollars. (amounts just examples)

Good or bad idea?


How about for $10, but only if you use your 10% discount.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:08 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 28 Dec 2002
Posts: 4064
Location: London, England
virtualmagician wrote:
WOO! 100th Reply!

A promo where you can choose the free items!. For example, buy 100 dollars and get free tricks valued up to 15 dollars. (amounts just examples)

Good or bad idea?

Or maybe a limted-time 20% discount code that you can type in. Or for an order woth $x, an (0.05x + 12.5)% discount, which would encourage spending more: for a $50 order you get a 15% discount, but with a $250 order you get a 25% discount. You could buy 252 card wallets for $187.50. That's, like, only 74 cents a wallet!

SmokingMonkey wrote:
How about for $10, but only if you use your 10% discount.

I was thinking that!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:49 am 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 22 Mar 2004
Posts: 7253
Location: Texas
Lawboy wrote:
I know on the Café they have some sort of public announcement PM (for the week that I actually visited the site before I could take the colour scheme no more, I had a couple of PMs, that were evidently sent to everyone, about the manager's sister's health and whether we would be kind enough to pray for her) so I'm sure such a thing has the potential to be done.

The PMs could contain a condensed version of the rules and then link to the official thread if people want clarification, methinks.


Yes, exactly...

Thanks for taking an interest fcchief.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:48 am 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 03 Oct 2003
Posts: 899
Go back to the old video style where a) you got to see the effect unambiguously b) the cameraman doesn't shake about and zoom randomly at the start but most importantly c) no camera cuts! Our spectators won't see camera cuts through the boring bits of our performances, so why should we?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:08 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 03 Dec 2006
Posts: 7922
Location: Parkville, MO
I say we should have an "official" farewell thread for those that are leaving... whether it be permanently or just for a set amount of time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:54 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 175
Location: Vancouver Canada
A contest: Guess the release date of Penguin 2.0


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:02 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 05 Feb 2005
Posts: 848
Location: Vice-President of the Coins PWN Cards Club
In Two Weeks.


I win! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:33 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 28 Dec 2002
Posts: 4064
Location: London, England
Something that I think has been discussed earlier in this thread I have just seen today in another forum: a "Thanks" button next to the "Profile" and "PM" buttons at the bottoms of posts. The idea is that if someone provides a particularly helpful response to something, anyone can hit the "Thanks" button and it will raise the poster's "Thanks" count.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:49 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 03 Dec 2006
Posts: 7922
Location: Parkville, MO
Lawboy wrote:
Something that I think has been discussed earlier in this thread I have just seen today in another forum: a "Thanks" button next to the "Profile" and "PM" buttons at the bottoms of posts. The idea is that if someone provides a particularly helpful response to something, anyone can hit the "Thanks" button and it will raise the poster's "Thanks" count.


That's a really good idea. Of course, some people would probably do something stupid like make another account, and thank themselves a thousand times. :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:55 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 28 Dec 2002
Posts: 4064
Location: London, England
Maybe thanks would be limited to one thank you per user per post.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:55 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 03 Dec 2006
Posts: 7922
Location: Parkville, MO
Lawboy wrote:
Maybe thanks would be limited to one thank you per user per post.


That could work... you need to talk on the phone to the Admins, you've got some great ideas.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.